Fun year, but that was an embarrassing way to go out | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fun year, but that was an embarrassing way to go out

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Bouk, Gaffney, Jackson, and Sanogo were all four starts. Whaley was BE d player of the year (BE kinda sucked this year, but just playing a poor devils advocate)

You're 100% right in saying Maryland is a "decent team". THis was a 7/10 game for a reason....
It would be nice if we could get a 5-star recruit.

Reaction Score
How many more years are we going to get down big and then “scratch and claw” our way back only to lose by 7-8 at the end. This has been 6 years going now.

Reaction Score
Right. It's why I said moments after the loss this was more about the Big Ten being a far better conference than the Big East. Maryland was ready for them. Connecticut? I don't know who they were ready for.
The Big East had a down year. The B1G was far more competitive. I always thought the old Big East prepared it’s teams for the tournament. They were tough fought games. This just wasn’t the year.

I’m still perplexed on how bad we shot. I’ve said all year this isn’t a good shooting team, but this was historically bad. They play average and they win by 6. It’s amazing no one played well. It’s one thing to get best by a better team, but this was embarrassing. I hope this serves as motivation for next year.....kinda like how OSU football had the final score of the Clemson game in their locker room all year.

Reaction Score
We got outscored 15-3 in the last 8 minutes of the game. 3 points in an 8 minute period is crazy bad! We actually outscored Maryland for the remaining 32 minutes believe it or not. That one stretch killed us
This is where your leaders step up. We have none on this team. The key candidates are either too young and inexperienced or too new to the team. Bouk can grow into that leader if he decides to come back as a junior. The moment was just too big for this team as it was in the BE tournament against Creighton. We will see if Gaffney and Cole take that next step in leadership next year.

Reaction Score
Bad matchup like Pitt UConn 2009. Not sure where and when we’d have the advantage against big guards with our roster

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score
Tyrese Martin became a nonfactor offensively in the postseason. 21% FG shooting in three games while averaging 28min. He was the consummate cleanup guy in the early to mid season, then his production fell off a cliff.

vs. Maryland: 1-10, 2pts
vs. Creighton: 1-7, 2pts
vs. DePaul: 4-11, 14pts

Reaction Score
Yep, this team had no #2 down the stretch. Bouk struggled but there was absolutely no one else the opposing D had to worry about.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom