Fun with WCBB and Alexa! | The Boneyard

Fun with WCBB and Alexa!

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure what time the game was on yesterday, so I asked Amazon's Alexa the following question: "Alexa, what time is the UCONN Women's Basketball game on tonight?" She happily told the relevant details.

I then tried a few other questions:

"Alexa, who is the greatest women's college basketball player of all time?"

"Alexa, who is the greatest women's college basketball coach of all time?"

"Alexa, what is the greatest women's college basketball team of all time?"

I was surprised that she gave me answers to all three questions. I tried asking them a number of different ways, and she was consistent. She didn't change any of her answers.

If you have an Alexa device, give these a shot and see what you get. I am sure that people will post her answers to these questions in a reply to this thread.

Reaction Score
I wasn't sure what time the game was on yesterday, so I asked Amazon's Alexa the following question: "Alexa, what time is the UCONN Women's Basketball game on tonight?" She happily told the relevant details.

I was surprised that she gave me answers to all three questions. I tried asking them a number of different ways, and she was consistent. She didn't change any of her answers.

If you have an Alexa device, give these a shot and see what you get. I am sure that people will post her answers to these questions in a reply to this thread.

...and her answers were?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

What were those answers by the way.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Right, not everyone has jumped on the Alexa, Siri, etc. bandwagon. Personally, I don't want to be monitored by these companies in my own home.
You're like me. I ain't taking off my tin foil hat just to employ these things. Not just yet.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
You're like me. I ain't taking off my tin foil hat just to employ these things. Not just yet.
Well, I actually lied. Personally I don't like Alexa but my wife is into the latest electronics, especially if it is from Microsoft and Amazon. But I don't have anything to do with Alexa except to add items to the shopping list because I know someone is listening 24/7.

Reaction Score
And for the best team-- Alexa said "Notre Dame"

Clearly she didn't realize that she was in Connecticut!

I can understand the Tara V answer given that Alexa's development was in Silicone Valley, even though I don't agree with it.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Alexa get on the band wagon with women college ball, this has been a long thing coming.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom