Fun re-watching the Championship game with Dickie V | The Boneyard

Fun re-watching the Championship game with Dickie V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Announcing. I forgot that he and Shulman did the international broadcast.

Dickie V's pre game comments were ridiculous, including saying that Kentucky was "bigger and more talented" at every position.

Listening to him sound audibly disappointed as UConn wins the game is entertaining.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. DickieV didn't sound disappointed to me. Watched the last nine minutes. Thought he was impartial from what I heard.

Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. DickieV didn't sound disappointed to me. Watched the last nine minutes. Thought he was impartial from what I heard.

I just feel like if Kentucky had won he wouldn't have shut up. He seemed pretty subdued.

Reaction Score
Haven't watched this one yet but international broadcasts can be a lot of fun. Listen to some NFL ones some time, especially if you are just learning the game. They keep things simple and explain everything, a lot less yammering about nonsensical stuff.

Reaction Score
Why did you have to post this. I ended up staying up ridiculously late to watch the first half and some of the 2nd. :)

Although Dicky V always is a pro UK and pro ACC (note I realize UK is an SEC team), he was good at giving UConn a lot of credit and praise throughout the game and seemed to be fair...as far as through the first half of the game is concerned.

Thanks for posting it. It is fun to watch it again with another set of announcers.

Reaction Score
Two thing standout as I watched the first 8 minutes and last 5. Boatright was huge all game. He came up big at the biggest moments. And, Kromah's rebound of Giffey's miss at the end.

Reaction Score
Boat's first basket "Smallest guy, 6'1..." I almost died laughing. Where do these guys get these measurements from?

Reaction Score
Agreed, F&K! Dukie V

I watched the last 6 min of the game and he was disappointed the whole way, barely got excited on the great Boat pull up, or the Napier beautiful pass to Kromah, etc. Had no problem pointing out where Kentucky should be attacking the UCONN zone. Sounded overall disappointed that UCONN won

Dickie V is a b#$&h

Reaction Score
Dukie V is the epitome of a lazy color analyst. He expects the game to go a certain way, prepares for that game and when it doesn't, can't adjust but instead spends 2 hours trying to explain how the game could get to the way he envisioned it.

Reaction Score
Vitale has been on Cal's D (and I don't mean defense) since he joined UK...Calls him a visionary and doesn't even address the shady stuff he did at UMass and Memphis

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I just feel like if Kentucky had won he wouldn't have shut up. He seemed pretty subdued.

Not to defend Dickie V, but the guy can't win. Too over the top, and he's an @ss. Too subdued, and he's an tw@t.

Reaction Score
Not to defend Dickie V, but the guy can't win. Too over the top, and he's an @ss. Too subdued, and he's an tw@t.

Come on. There are plenty of great color commentators out there that know how to tread that fine line between the two. It's not an either/or thing.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Come on. There are plenty of great color commentators out there that know how to tread that fine line between the two. It's not an either/or thing.

True, but it is Dickie V we're talking about. He's stuck on one speed, go or no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom