Fun looking at Sagarin | The Boneyard

Fun looking at Sagarin

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So...
Uconn is now up to 6-0 against top 25 teams and 7-0 against two 50 teams in Sagarin's rankings. And the lowest ranked team they have played is now Dayton at #97 (Chattanooga is now #93) so they are 9-0 against top 100.

LSU has sneaked into the top 50 at #45 and KState is now 21 with DePaul falling to #24.

No other team has more than 3 top 25 wins (3 teams) or has played more than 4 games against top 25 teams, and only two teams have 4 wins against top 50 teams

As long as The teams we have played don't drop out of the various rankings they have now, by the end of December we will have played:
8 top 25 teams
9 top 50 teams
11 top 100
and the worst team we will have played is currently ranked #116

Don't think there has ever been a better OOC in WCBB

Reaction Score
UConn can only get a really strong OOC schedule when they look weak. UConn may have a much lower Sagarin OOC schedule next year. I wonder why....

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
So...
Uconn is now up to 6-0 against top 25 teams and 7-0 against two 50 teams in Sagarin's rankings. And the lowest ranked team they have played is now Dayton at #97 (Chattanooga is now #93) so they are 9-0 against top 100.

LSU has sneaked into the top 50 at #45 and KState is now 21 with DePaul falling to #24.

No other team has more than 3 top 25 wins (3 teams) or has played more than 4 games against top 25 teams, and only two teams have 4 wins against top 50 teams

As long as The teams we have played don't drop out of the various rankings they have now, by the end of December we will have played:
8 top 25 teams
9 top 50 teams
11 top 100

A few more numbers:
84 straight wins.
858 with no btb losses​

Badass Awards so far:
Gabby - 3
Pheesa - 4
Lou - 3
Kia - 2
Danger - 1
Nat - 1​

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
So...

Feel compelled to point out:

The three teams with 3 top 25 wins are - ND, Baylor, South Carolina

The two teams with 4 top 50 wins are - ND and Baylor

Interestingly, Baylor's Sagarin strength of schedule rank is just 201. So they've played some very good teams and some *very* bad teams (ahem, Winthrop). ND's is 7.

Reaction Score
Remind me. When was the last time Connecticut lost? And when was the time before that?

I think the immensity of the achievement has fried my brain.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Remind me. When was the last time Connecticut lost? And when was the time before that?

I think the immensity of the achievement has fried my brain.

IIRC, November 17, 2014, @ Stanford, in OT.:(

The loss before that is beyond my memory span.:rolleyes:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

Interestingly, Baylor's Sagarin strength of schedule rank is just 201. So they've played some very good teams and some *very* bad teams (ahem, Winthrop). ND's is 7.

Remarkably, Baylor has managed to play 2 of the bottom 5 teams—and 4 of the bottom 20—in the Sagarin ratings: Mississippi Valley State (#348 out of 349), Winthrop (#345), Southeastern Louisiana (#336), and Houston Baptist (#330).

The RPI currently judges Baylor's SOS a little less harshly than Sagarin, but because SOS is weighted so heavily (75%) in the RPI, Baylor is currently only 31st in the RPI (and just dropped about 13 spots by virtue of simply playing Winthrop).

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

That has been Baylor's pattern even in Kim's toughest OOC schedules - not sure if it is to overweight home games, or because of some local connections but the non-quality OOC schedule has always been particularly weak. (Uconn used to play Holy Cross and Hartford each year neither of which were strong, based on Geno's connections with both coaches, and they both dropped out about the same time.)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So...

8 top 25 teams
9 top 50 teams
11 top 100

OOC WCBB history. Too bad Quentin was too chicken to join in the fun.

Reaction Score
I love the OOC schedule that our favorite team currently faces, and not only because, from a fan perspective, the contests are so much more fun than the yawners which, alas, are yet to come. What the schedule accomplishes to shape the toughness of the team, and prepare it for the post-season, is invaluable...even if, horror of horrors, it possibly endures an early loss. Sorry to offer sacrilege, but I do not consider "the streak," impressive as it is, sacrosanct.

My view is shaped by having grown up in SEC territory, where football, of course, reigns. Week in and week out, the competition teams face, every year, is so brutal and so ferocious that the degree to which top teams become battle-hardened as seasons progress is beyond description. I have to admit that I adopted the unquestionably smug attitude that the annual national championship game should, by default, be waged between the SEC champion and the #1 non-conference contender. OK, admittedly smug. But none of these teams tended to be fazed when the big post-season games rolled around...they had already faced five or six such games during the regular season. Switching back to WCBB, what good can it possibly do for a team like Maryland, for example, to beat up on God-knows-who by over 100 points? Does that help prepare them to face the likes of UConn?

My greatest respect always goes out to the coaches and athletic directors who are unafraid to schedule any contender at any venue at any time. Ohio State and Maryland and South Carolina and others remain? Bring 'em on! When early April rolls around, we'll be ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom