Fuller: UConn's Jefferson made herself at home | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn's Jefferson made herself at home

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The proud parents got to witness what could be their daughter’s most impactful performance as a member of the UConn program. If Jefferson had stayed home and become a Lady Bear, the Huskies may no longer be undefeated. She scored 10 of UConn’s first 17 points in a 66-55 victory by the top-ranked team in the land.

Robin Jefferson estimated there were 50 family members and close friends among the 9,145 at the Ferrell Center. That number could pale in comparison to what may be awaiting Moriah and the Huskies on Feb. 25 at SMU.

The Jeffersons estimate their daughter’s personal rooting section could reach “a couple hundred.”

“I think I made her upset one time because — I forget what I called — but I said whoever (Baylor guard) Odyssey (Sims) is guarding, just pass it and the other guy will run it,” said Auriemma, who wanted to limit the effectiveness of Sims as a defender. “We went down and got fouled. Moriah came down and said, ‘I am not throwing it. If she is guarding me, I am taking it.’ I said, ‘Go ahead. You are the one who is going to be out there doing it, not me.’

LINK

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
That last paragraph is a huge step in MoJet's development. That she felt confident enough to disagree with Geno's assessment and to directly tell him so is a huge step in maturity and self confidence.

ABachelor6CR

Time Traveler
Reaction Score
Whats funny is last year my wife always got upset when MoJeff came into the game saying "She doesn't DO anything!".....now she is completely impressed with her.....(I've always liked her. After KML, she is my second favorite)

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
That last paragraph is a huge step in MoJet's development. That she felt confident enough to disagree with Geno's assessment and to directly tell him so is a huge step in maturity and self confidence.
I agree, but more importantly, how many coaches would have responded the way Geno did?

‘Go ahead. You are the one who is going to be out there doing it, not me.’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr