Fuller: UCONN's Dailey Thankful for World Championship Experience | The Boneyard

Fuller: UCONN's Dailey Thankful for World Championship Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
CD shared some of her thoughts on being a part of the world championship. Jim noted that Geno looked "spent."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns-dailey-thankful-for-world.html

This was likely the final world championship for former Huskies Sue Bird, the first U.S. player to appear in four FIBA World Championship for Women events, and Diana Taurasi. Dailey was thrilled to be able to share that experience with them.

"It is changing of the guard," Dailey said. "To be with them with what is probably their last world championship means something because I think it means a lot to them. Just to see how far they have come and how your relationship as a player and a coach changes over the years... Having different conversations with them about different things, it is a good part of the job."

"Kia is coming to us certainly not as a typical freshman having played the level competition (with the Canadian national team)," Dailey said. "She is coming here with a lot of confidence, a lot of experience. For Stewie, I think it will help. It is eye opening to see what 10 years down the road is going to be like for her. Playing against professionals, how tough you have to be and how physical of a game it is, how skilled you have to be, I think that was great for her to learn "

Reaction Score
CD shared some of her thoughts on being a part of the world championship. Jim noted that Geno looked "spent."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns-dailey-thankful-for-world.html

This was likely the final world championship for former Huskies Sue Bird, the first U.S. player to appear in four FIBA World Championship for Women events, and Diana Taurasi. Dailey was thrilled to be able to share that experience with them.

"It is changing of the guard," Dailey said. "To be with them with what is probably their last world championship means something because I think it means a lot to them. Just to see how far they have come and how your relationship as a player and a coach changes over the years... Having different conversations with them about different things, it is a good part of the job."

"Kia is coming to us certainly not as a typical freshman having played the level competition (with the Canadian national team)," Dailey said. "She is coming here with a lot of confidence, a lot of experience. For Stewie, I think it will help. It is eye opening to see what 10 years down the road is going to be like for her. Playing against professionals, how tough you have to be and how physical of a game it is, how skilled you have to be, I think that was great for her to learn "
Geno is the head of Uconn CD (Christine Dailey) is the HEART, the class, the Code, and the scout. Can anyone imagine Uconn WBB without CD?? Shea and Marissa are kind of Newbees at the job--Uconn could go forward without them and not change much but without CD????? Wow what a terrible thought!!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I think this is Sue's last FIBA WC, but I'm not so sure about Diana. She's 2 years younger and will still be damn good in 4 years.

CTyankee

Proud member of King Geno's Court
Reaction Score
The influence of UConn on Team USA was pervasive, not only on the court but on their game plans... CD and Jen were at all the quarterfinal and semifinal games scouting... I drew the conclusion that the plays probably came right out of the UConn playbook as the starting players surrounding Britany G were all UConn alumni. Given the lack of practice time preceding the games it was relatively easy to install plays for the four UConn players and use BG as the pivot.

DSCF1465B.jpg

Reaction Score
Geno is the head of Uconn CD (Christine Dailey) is the HEART, the class, the Code, and the scout. Can anyone imagine Uconn WBB without CD?? Shea and Marissa are kind of Newbees at the job--Uconn could go forward without them and not change much but without CD????? Wow what a terrible thought!!

Which really begs the question .... will we ever see CD's name up on the Wall of Honor?!!!!

Reaction Score
I think this is Sue's last FIBA WC, but I'm not so sure about Diana. She's 2 years younger and will still be damn good in 4 years.

Diana is the one that has publicly stated she's done, this is her last world championships.

Reaction Score
Diana is the one that has publicly stated she's done, this is her last world championships.
My interpretation was she meant this was hers and Sue's last WC together. ???

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
http://www.fiba.com/news/taurasi-takes-time-to-reflect

It was definitely my last FIBA World Championship for Women and so it was a special time for me. - Taurasi

"I have been doing all I can to really soak it in

Do I take your meaning that DT will not be playing FIBA WC in 2018, but she is still planning on Rio?? Have not heard otherwise from her on the Olympics.....but you are more closely placed to the situation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom