Fuller: UConn wraps up difficult road trip with win | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn wraps up difficult road trip with win

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"They have all been to Disney World, I would have been real disappointed if they asked me 'I want to go see Disney,'" Auriemma said. "They didn't ask me, they kind of just wanted to hang out and be kids, go do some shopping go to a movie. Thursday was just a nothing day, I think the highlight as much as we travel and all the great places, they all got their pictures taken at Waffle House that was the highlight of the trip."

LINK

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Most teams would love having a road trip that was that difficult. But yeah, if the highlight of your trip is a visit to a place called the Waffle House, that doesn't sound so peachy. Way better than if the highlight was a trip to IHOP, though.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Hey Dobbs don't dis the IHOP. Many a breakfast I enjoyed with the fam at the IHOP in Darien on Route 1 before public health authorities shut it down...or it burned...I forget. Favorite moment when one of the kids sprayed me with masticated pancake and chocolate milk when her sister cracked her up.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I have to admit as an 8-year-old that the IHOP selection of 8 different syrups that included my special fave boysenberry was like going to heaven with the newly arrived Sears Christmas catalog. But then I grew up, ignoring Arcade Fire's later advice to the children of the world.

Reaction Score
I used to feel the same way about IHOP. A few years ago they sponsored some women's basketball on TV. So now I am an IHOP fan.

Reaction Score
Falling into an elevator shaft is better than a trip to IHOP.

Somebody should compile an edition of Wonkster's killer metaphors, including this one. It made me cringe though, as it reminded me of a once brilliant psychiatrist who did fall down an elevator shaft. He came out of it severely dumb, but wise beyond his intact neurons.

Reaction Score
Hmmm... odd. I tried to correct it 2x, but "dumb" keeps getting posted as "ed". Boneyard auto-censor working overtime? I blame Wonkster, a severely non-retard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom