Fuller: UConn featuring new championship artwork | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn featuring new championship artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
One has to believe that Geno was consulted about this. If so, it begs the question: Is it possible that Jenn and Kara took themselves (quite literally) out of the picture?

The question, now rhetorical, could become reality if a member of the horde poses it to Geno.

Reaction Score
The names are underneath, for the old and blind (like me)
If you are old and blind how do you discern whom is whom? I glad it's not identified by voice--wouldn't know Maya from mama. You should try quadfocals---my trifocals require me to line up the line.

Reaction Score
Rizzotti was a Jr and PG on the 95 NC team, Wolters was only a Soph. If you are going with leaders , then Rizzotti (who was also a NPOY) would be a more egregious absence I would think.
Let me play devils advocate----You have 9 teams of about 12 each that 108 players usually 2 outstanding players on each team that's 18---No one can argue with those displayed I believe that's true. And as we are seeing everyone has 4 or 5 who should be on the pix. As Ricky Nelson once said so smartly---If you can't please everyone, then you gotta please yourself.
From what I see --with one row available---they made excellent choices.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
If this is expanded in the future, I'd vote for Swin, and maybe Tiff, as well as those omissions previously noted...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Let me play devils advocate----You have 9 teams of about 12 each that 108 players usually 2 outstanding players on each team that's 18---No one can argue with those displayed I believe that's true. And as we are seeing everyone has 4 or 5 who should be on the pix. As Ricky Nelson once said so smartly---If you can't please everyone, then you gotta please yourself.
From what I see --with one row available---they made excellent choices.
Sure very good choices, but Dolson and Hartley compared to Rizzotti and Abrosimova? I would just have preferred instead of going for the "more recent" they would have spread it out a little. History gives way to current. Sells better I suppose.

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
Probably because of space? You could swap out KML, Dolson, or Hartley for them.
Hard to swap out two 2-time AA's, back-to-back NC's and a probable 2-time AA and 3-tmie NC in KML and they went 40-0!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looking at this it occurs to me that 2003 -2004 and 2012 - 2013 team are tied for the losingest UConn team ever to win a National Championship. 4 losses? Oh the shame.

Reaction Score
Hard to swap out two 2-time AA's, back-to-back NC's and a probable 2-time AA and 3-tmie NC in KML and they went 40-0!!
The NPOYs should be on there first and foremost. KML, Dolson, and Hartley were never NPOYs. If there's any space left then you can start looking at multi-year AAs.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
This thread is proof positive that some on the BY will find a reason to criticize anything having to do with the program. :rolleyes:

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
This thread is proof positive that some on the BY will find a reason to criticize anything having to do with the program. :rolleyes:
AMEN!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
For a 3 time AA and a 2 time AA and NPOY? Not easy, but I could do it. Well I couldn't actually do it, I suck at art.
Blame Geno, it's his high standards that are rubbing off. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom