Fuller: UConn featuring new championship artwork | The Boneyard

Fuller: UConn featuring new championship artwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
Lobo's the first on the left. Montgomery's next to Diana?

Is that Rene? Really having a hard time assigning Rene to this one....it is her number.....

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
The names are underneath, for the old and blind (like me)

I get that...but it doesn't look like her,,,maybe if I could see her eyes...she had beautiful eyes...

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
meyers7 said:
I like it, but I agree not sure how you leave off a 3 time AA (Abrosimova) and 2 NPOY's and 2 time AA's (Rizzotti and Wolters). And Sales was a 2 time AA herself.

very strange indeed

Reaction Score
I like it, but I agree not sure how you leave off a 3 time AA (Abrosimova) and 2 NPOY's and 2 time AA's (Rizzotti and Wolters). And Sales was a 2 time AA herself.
Probably because of space? You could swap out KML, Dolson, or Hartley for them.

Reaction Score
Probably because of space? You could swap out KML, Dolson, or Hartley for them.
Probably. Marketing likely decided to focus on the recent players for the short-term memory crowd (obviously not us :)). Of the older alums featured, Lobo is, well, Lobo, Ralph is an assistant with the team, and the rest except for Renee just won a world championship. Renee does seem a little like the odd woman out, but she is more recent than the other names suggested.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Some are missing the point that the piece is meant not to be about the best players but rather players who led the specific teams across those 20 years and nine championships. Eliminating Stef or Hartley would not fit the theme.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Some are missing the point that the piece is meant not to be about the best players but rather players who led the specific teams across those 20 years and nine championships. Eliminating Stef or Hartley would not fit the theme.
ummm, not so sure about that. Doesn't really add up. I'm more inclined to go with Ursus points.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Surely they (including Geno) have sufficient foresight to look ahead and plan for the next mural, assuming additional NC's and providing for Bascom, Rizzotti, Sales, Wolters, Abrosimova and [fill in the blanks with names of future stars].

I include Kerry arbitrarily because if there ever was one player who launched the UConn wcbb program, it was her. Somebody wants to make a case for Jamelle, I won't argue.

Reaction Score
Surely they (including Geno) have sufficient foresight to look ahead and plan for the next mural, assuming additional NC's and providing for Bascom, Rizzotti, Sales, Wolters, Abrosimova and [fill in the blanks with names of future stars].

I include Kerry arbitrarily because if there ever was one player who launched the UConn wcbb program, it was her. Somebody wants to make a case for Jamelle, I won't argue.
I hear the wall opposite the one shown here has been reserved for the next 9 championships, so there's still hope! :D

Reaction Score
This artwork sends the wrong message. Championships are won by teams , not individuals. I suggest UConn paint over it and replace it with large scale photos of the championship teams.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It is interesting in that you have 1 player assigned to each of the first 7 championships and then four assigned to the last two.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ummm, not so sure about that. Doesn't really add up. I'm more inclined to go with Ursus points.
I think it is both those things. Wohlters who was NPY is the most egregious absence.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I think it is both those things. Wohlters who was NPY is the most egregious absence.
Rizzotti was a Jr and PG on the 95 NC team, Wolters was only a Soph. If you are going with leaders , then Rizzotti (who was also a NPOY) would be a more egregious absence I would think.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
It is interesting in that you have 1 player assigned to each of the first 7 championships and then four assigned to the last two.
Exactly. Doesn't really make sense. Except as Ursus said "Marketing likely decided to focus on the recent players for the short-term memory crowd"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Rizzotti was a Jr and PG on the 95 NC team, Wolters was only a Soph. If you are going with leaders , then Rizzotti (who was also a NPOY) would be a more egregious absence I would think.
Yes, I should have said Rizzotti, too.As I said I think it is both what I suggested and Ursus point which I didn't think needed to be repeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom