Fuller Talks Kia and Team Canada | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller Talks Kia and Team Canada

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Why would Dangerfield need to beat out kia? Dangerfield will be the starting pg for uconn for the next 3 seasons. Gabby, kls, and Collier will not play pg for uconn ever.
Hope you're saving up your pennies. :cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My guess--as every other speculation is--Geno, in his loyalty, shall make Kia a starting guard--she has been there for him for 3 plus years--and Geno pays back. Danger, if she has improved as we all hope and expect may be the first off the bench and get almost equal time to Kia--Kia--a kid and energetic--had used and abused her legs and body playing (in my opinion) way too much WBB too long needs some rest to give her best and make the Wnba. It is great Kia will rest her tired body in Italy (at least in basketball).

100%

Reaction Score
If you believe, as I do, that Azura will start, and if you accept that KLS / Napheesa /Gabby are definite starters, then the PG position will come down to Kia vs. Crystal. Crystal probably has more long-term upside than Kia (although that remains to be seen in the 3-point shooting department), and it is possible that she will show that potential this year. However, based on defense and contributions to date, I have to believe that Kia will start every game unless she is injured. It may get to the point where Kia starts but Crystal gets the majority of minutes (as with Caroline and Bria a few years ago), but I think even that is unlikely this year. Crystal will certainly get a lot of minutes, but probably not as a starter.

I know that you think that Napheesa will not start, but I join with the rest of the Boneyard in deeming that opinion to be ridiculous.
\

Joe P-----much to agree with---IMO, Gabby, KLS, Collier --shoe-in's to start. Z--Azura? Depends. Can she Defend?? Can she Defend the basket? We know her as a shooter with range--it's nice to have, and Geno has that without Z--The real lacking on this team is Basket Defense and someone big enough to control the boards (37 -31)--one big that has hands and can create offensive against big or smalls--is not easily rattled with pressure--if Azura can do all that--she is the 5th starter. Who is the 4th?? Danger, I believe has improved in all phases of her game--she will be quicker--without being too fast--she will have the confidence to take the open or driving shot.
What she has not done is to grow 8 inches. Kia is 8 inches taller, proven 3 under pressure--her defense is good--not great, EXPERIENCED
So my belief is Kia Starts and shares point with Crystal.

Reaction Score
And Kia is also 7" taller and much bigger and stronger (and meaner) than Crystal.
Pretty close to my comment on, my favorite 2016 recruit, Danger--Only i said Kia was 8 inches taller--my bad. If we go pound for pound--i wouldn't not give up on Dangers strength or toughness. I think mental toughness was proven in the Baylor game last year.
We are no arguing--my starters are Kia, Gabby, KLS, Collier (Precious), Azura (if if if)--Danger shares point with Kia 6th, I'm not ready to go into the frosh or Soph --to put any into the rotation or even Batouly . To me Batouly and Z are unproven Uconn's --we know them good to great in another team--Geno isn't another team. I need to see those 8 in action in a Uconn uniform.

Reaction Score
There seams to be some confusion with my post. I never said nurse wasn't going to start, her and Dangerfield will be the pg's and gabby and kls are definitely starting so that leaves collier, Z, and batouly fighting it out for the 5th spot. Im betting that Z gets that 5th spot over the other 2. As we all know freshman won't start. As i said in another thread, gabby, kls, and collier have never played pg at uconn and geno will not change that. I think we can all agree Dangerfield is definitely the quickest player on the team.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
There seams to be some confusion with my post. I never said nurse wasn't going to start, her and Dangerfield will be the pg's and gabby and kls are definitely starting so that leaves collier, Z, and batouly fighting it out for the 5th spot. Im betting that Z gets that 5th spot over the other 2. As we all know freshman won't start. As i said in another thread, gabby, kls, and collier have never played pg at uconn and geno will not change that. I think we can all agree Dangerfield is definitely the quickest player on the team.
No confusion with me. Just make sure you got the cash.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom