Fuller: Sue Bird to miss Euroleague playoffs | The Boneyard

Fuller: Sue Bird to miss Euroleague playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not real sure of facts here - but understand that only two American's can be on a team. My confusion - one of the additional benefits (besides great b'ball skills) of Dee and Sue is dual citizanship - Italy and Israel respectively. Any one have more insights into specific reasoning?

Reaction Score
With Euroleague the rules are that whatever country you played for in the Olympics is the country that counts towards citizenship.

Makes since to go with Dee and Candace.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Plus Sue gets to rest before the WNBA season.

Reaction Score
Previously Dee and Sue could use their dual citizenship and count as European in Euroleague. It helped to increase their pay for a number of years. Then they changed the rules to where you are locked into the National team you play for. a couple of years ago. This is part of the reason so many more players are going to China and other non-European countries to play. The rule change contracted the job market because there is less incentive for the big money teams to sign a large number of Americans..
Not real sure of facts here - but understand that only two American's can be on a team. My confusion - one of the additional benefits (besides great b'ball skills) of Dee and Sue is dual citizanship - Italy and Israel respectively. Any one have more insights into specific reasoning?

Reaction Score
Plus Sue gets to rest before the WNBA season.

She gets to the rest, but not necessarily come home. I believe the Russian domestic championship takes place after the Euroleague is finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom