Fuller: Stokes' dad says she's not going anywhere [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller: Stokes' dad says she's not going anywhere [merged thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Greg Stokes has heard the rumors about his daughter. Wednesday, he shot them down.
“Kiah is not looking to go anywhere else,” Stokes said. “She wants to succeed at UConn.”

LINK
She may be like Hilton Armstrong. She will be in a backup role next year, and when Dolson graduates the post spot is hers, and because she played for Geno still ends up in the WNBA. Matt Cassel never started at USC but has done well in the NFL. Greg knows Geno will make Kiah the best player she can be.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The fact is, they need her next year. Stef was hobbling around this by the end. With appropriate rest she should be ok, but both of those injuries can be nagging, and she's a big girl. If nothing else, quality minutes from Kiah could give Stef's feet some needed rest so she's in top form physically for March.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
The fact is, they need her next year. Stef was hobbling around this by the end. With appropriate rest she should be ok, but both of those injuries can be nagging, and she's a big girl. If nothing else, quality minutes from Kiah could give Stef's feet some needed rest so she's in top form physically for March.
The plantar fasciitis worries me. The last player on the women's team to suffer from it, Morgan Valley, played very sparingly once she was diagnosed. The condition prompted Geno to say, in typical Geno fashion, "She has the feet of a 200 year old woman".

We need Kiah - badly. We don't need Stewie planted in the paint as a center.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Kiah has a great gliding movement on the court. I look forward to her progress. She can become very special.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
The plantar fasciitis worries me. The last player on the women's team to suffer from it, Morgan Valley, played very sparingly once she was diagnosed. The condition prompted Geno to say, in typical Geno fashion, "She has the feet of a 200 year old woman".

I really hope Stef gets a lot of rest and re-hab this summer.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

I have been thinking of Morgan ever since the plantar fasciitis came up for Steph. Morgan's case was extreme, but it absolutely all but ended her playing (and the drugs they gave her for it...another story there). I hope the trainers and med staff work closely with Steph over the next few months.

Reaction Score
As I understand it, part of Morgan's issue with the fasciitis was that she just kept pushing through it until she did permanent damage. Hopefully Stef can now put her feet up (literally and figuratively), and get some physical therapy and benefit from the ministrations of Rosemary Ragle.

Reaction Score
I don't think it takes a crystal ball. You probably disagree but to my eyes she was very close to AA caliber in many of her games freshman year. Obviously she needs to get things together in terms of what she does in practices. But I have little doubt as to her capabilities if she earns the PT.
It's difficult to practice hard, when you are battling various injuries. As I recall, at the end of last year, she was in a walking boot, as well. Add that to the stress reaction, and a bad back, one tends to get tired of hurting every day. Here's to a restful and healing off season, and renewed health, next year, Kiah!!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I saw Greg after Saturday's HS game. He was wearing a UConn T-shirt and is a very big man.
6-10 and a think a bit above his playing weight of 220#.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The injury history for Kiah really gets downplayed but is huge. Last off season was spent rehabbing and not practicing and the season started in pretty much the same mode. Add in the back issues and it was not just the mental issues with coach and practice, but the real fatigue you experience from living with various levels of pain. I am no kind of athlete but have had three back operations and a blown ACL to deal with and most of the time everything is fine, but when they act up as they do for a few weeks every year it is just draining.
With Kiah and the coaches - the line between desire and ability to play through nagging issues can be tough to read. Blow out your ACL and everyone understands the limitations. Have a stress reaction and a nagging back and no one really knows where physical leaves off and mental takes over.

arty155

Post Poster
Reaction Score
I just love the way Kiah carries herself (I did NOT say COMPORTS)... .

Can you guys help me ???? My therapist can’t. All I really know is...
Every time I hear that word now
I find myself running the bathroom,
sticking my head under the sink, banging my head,
twice on the pipes.
What’s happening to me???!!!???
marvin 14.jpg

Reaction Score
Much relieved!
Although she hasn't 'emerged" yet, she would be a tremendous loss for us.
As soon as she realizes that scoring is required [as Kelly had to] she will become complete.
With no "bigs" in sight she is even more critical in our quest for a perfect season or two.
Resolve Kiah, we want to see you on the floor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love ya kid.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Assuming she is healthy next season, I have a sneaking suspicion Kiah is going to be HUGE for Uconn. I just hope this 'back' thing is temporary.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I think that she will be even more motivated to be a bigger part of the championship next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom