Fuller: Special times for the Nurse family | The Boneyard

Fuller: Special times for the Nurse family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm a little out of the loop on this -- haven't been paying close attention -- so some slack may need to be cut...or not, your choice, but how do Kia and Stewie find the time to prepare for and play in the world championships, attend class, and prepare with their teammates for the upcoming season? In the article, dated Sept. 24, is says Kia had lunch with her brother in Edmonton 3 or 4 days ago, and played in a US-Canada friendly last week. Has that kid even been to Storrs yet? I assume Stewie was also at the friendly, and will be at the championships. I can barely make it to Middletown and back on a good day.

Reaction Score
I'm a little out of the loop on this -- haven't been paying close attention -- so some slack may need to be cut...or not, your choice, but how do Kia and Stewie find the time to prepare for and play in the world championships, attend class, and prepare with their teammates for the upcoming season? In the article, dated Sept. 24, is says Kia had lunch with her brother in Edmonton 3 or 4 days ago, and played in a US-Canada friendly last week. Has that kid even been to Storrs yet? I assume Stewie was also at the friendly, and will be at the championships. I can barely make it to Middletown and back on a good day.

You are indeed late to the topic and all of your queries have been answered before. She has been in and out of Storrs this summer and early in the semester. She and Stewie are doing most of their school work on line, are in contact with their professors and academic advisors and are keeping up with all that's needed. The 21st century offers many resources not available earlier. Not to worry about either! What an incredible life experience for both.

Reaction Score
Slack being cut on the BY. You are funny. :D
Yes I like this...but in a sad way. Not that I'm sad that others' slack isn't being cut, just that mine isn't. I do, however, enjoy being funny.

Reaction Score
You are indeed late to the topic and all of your queries have been answered before. She has been in and out of Storrs this summer and early in the semester. She and Stewie are doing most of their school work on line, are in contact with their professors and academic advisors and are keeping up with all that's needed. The 21st century offers many resources not available earlier. Not to worry about either! What an incredible life experience for both.
Topic tardiness. That sounds like a phrase I might find useful at some point. I wonder if I'll remember it until that usefulness arrives.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
It cannot be easy for Nurse as a freshman because she has yet to have the college experience. Visits to Uconn have been short and intermittent and she has yet to really understand college level requirements or the role of academic advisors or establish relationships with any of her professors - one advantage is that high school education in UK and Commonwealth countries tends to be a little more rigorous than US high school. As for missing the time with teammates - most of what is happening now is fitness and individual skills work with coaches. She is missing the pick-up games as well which do at expose players to each-others games and some of the Uconn system - but the experience she gets on the Canadian team is probably equally good if not better.
For Stewart, being a junior I am sure helps in that she has a firm grasp on all of the above. This is not the first college player to play for a national team and miss classes - Moore did it and is there on the team in Turkey to help.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
just curious....how long were you guys lurkers before you started to post in the Boneyard? I lurked for a while myself....

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
just curious....how long were you guys lurkers before you started to post in the Boneyard? I lurked for a while myself....
Oh, it took maybe an hour before I read a post so incredibly stupid, so lacking in understanding, so vile, so completely wrong, that I just had to sign up and set the knucklehead straight!

(Actually, a couple of months of lurking before my first post.)

Reaction Score
I can't remember. Probably no longer than it usually takes me to discover that someone was in dire need of my insight. The New York Minute comes to mind...if I had to guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom