Fuller on Stewie's game | The Boneyard

Fuller on Stewie's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/2014/02/yet-another-monster-game-from-uconn.html

From Walz:

"Our goal was to have it a five or six point game either way and we had it right there until we gave them back to back 3s. What you have to do is get it to 10 minutes to go in the second half where they shots still matter because when you are up 15, everybody can make a shot but if it is a 5-6 point game all of a sudden that basket becomes a lot smaller and the pressure starts to build. That is something that they have not had to face yet so that was our goal."

I understand Jeff's point, though UConn led Baylor by only 3 with about 5 minutes to go. So UConn has faced that pressure, including in a hostile arena. UConn outscored Baylor 10-2 over the last 5 minutes of that game.

Stewie on the ridiculous 3 she made after her back was to the basket:

"I was faking a handoff," Stewart said. "I wanted to see how the girl was playing me. If she wasn't up on me on the handoff so I knew once I turned I would be able to get the shot off. When the first one went in I was feeling a little bit more confident, looking to make an aggressive play."

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Breanna showed me a lot of confidence today. She looked like she was above everybody else on the floor. It was like she could score when ever she wanted to and no body was going to stop her. A few more games and she will be unstoppable and ultraly dominate. She is going to be off the charts in the NCAAs and in her junior and senior years I cant even imagine how good she is going to be. I saw her confidence at a level that Ive never seen in WCBB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom