Fuller on Stanford and Our California Girl | The Boneyard

Fuller on Stanford and Our California Girl

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
All grown up and ready to go:

“I want to be able to contribute in any way I can,” said Samuelson, who needs three 3-pointers to become the 11th UConn player with 200 in her career. “I want to become that versatile player that he can put me in different spots and I just want my teammates to trust me no matter what when I get the ball. Whether I’m in the post, if I’m dribbling the ball up the court, I want to be accountable anywhere on the court.”

Samuelson was loving life as a freshman when seniors Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson were the players opponents game-planned for the most. Last year, however, teams tried to throw the sweet-shooting Samuelson off her game by being physical with her. It is something that only figures to increase this season.

“I expect to be face-guarded and all of that,” Samuelson said. “(UConn assistant coach) Shea (Ralph) will have them do that (in practice); it’s kind of a usual thing for me. Doing it in practice makes it easier because our (male) practice players are probably more athletic than any girl I’ll play, so getting used to that, when I do actually play, it makes it much easier to do what I do when I need to.”

UConn, Stanford renew rivalry to start season

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
And the Courant has its write up too.

“I’m anxious because I don’t know what we’re going to get,” Auriemma said. “I’m excited but I’m a little bit apprehensive to see what we’re going to get. … We’ll see. “

“We have nothing to uphold,” Samuelson said. “We didn’t win last year so there’s nothing that this team has made a statement or done on our own. So that’s what we’re mostly focusing on, is each game we kind of want to show what we’ve worked on and what we’ve kind of done this offseason. I want us to play as hard as we can and as well as we can every single game. “

UConn Women Pay Visit To Final Four Site To Take On Stanford

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
In LaChina Robinson's most recent podcast Geno said he expected the most out of Katie Lou this year, though he though Azura might come on later in the year because she and Lou pose the most issues for opposing clubs. Now we see in these pregame sessions it is certainly Katie Lou out front. There is a seriousness to Lou we have not seen before. LaChina's second interview was Gabby. She asked Gabby when she got over the loss. Gabby said she will never get over it. Look out women's basketball world!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
In LaChina Robinson's most recent podcast Geno said he expected the most out of Katie Lou this year, though he though Azura might come on later in the year because she and Lou pose the most issues for opposing clubs. Now we see in these pregame sessions it is certainly Katie Lou out front. There is a seriousness to Lou we have not seen before. LaChina's second interview was Gabby. She asked Gabby when she got over the loss. Gabby said she will never get over it. Look out women's basketball world!
A pi$$ed-off Gabby Williams is a very dangerous player. :D

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Gabby loves the school, the program, the team. You could tell from day one how much she loved being a part of the team. That's why The Gabulous One is my favorite player. If there ever was a husky for life, she is it.

She is smart, verbal, highly motivated, and multi-faceted. She cares about others, on and off the team. And she really competes. Wouldn’t all of us be proud as heck if she were a member of our family?

Reaction Score
I met Gabby's father at the Stanford game in 2014 when Gabby was a freshman. She was totally committed to doing whatever Geno felt was needed. He said if Geno asked her to sell programs before the game she'd be out there selling. She's one of a kind.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom