Fuller: Katie Meier quote about Breanna and Morgan | The Boneyard

Fuller: Katie Meier quote about Breanna and Morgan

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I think the rest of that same quote is scary.....in a good way if you're a UCONN fan and in a bad way if you're not.

"I think it was the first game that those two together really took a game over. They do it in so many different ways. At the end of the game we had Stewie at the two and Tuck at the three, with Bashaara (Graves) and Candice (Agee) inside. We were just huge. They just say, ‘okay,’ and adjust and adapt and fill in for you. They did a fantastic job. Those two players are as special as they come. "

:D

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
As a general rule, I don't get excited about players during recruitment, or even those who are "ours", but haven't yet had a chance to play for Connecticut, but...

"mwahahahahahaha!"

"Be afraid, [fill in school of your choice], be very afraid!":eek:

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
OMG.......she called her Stewie. I hope she didn't piss her off!!!!

Reaction Score
Watching Morgan play yesterday, I just shook my head at times. That young lady is the real deal. Breanna has made my jaw drop too many times to count, and those passes by Moriah wow. I can't wait for this season to start.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I've said it before, but Morgan is going to end up as a special player before her playing days are over at UConn.

I haven't said this, but she will end up having her number hung up on the Wall of Honor. Predicting that Bria, KML, Breanna, Morgan and Moriah will end up on the Wall of Honors.

I'm hoping for Stef as well, but it will be tougher for her with so many talented players on the roster. Also this year she's going up against Elizabeth Williams & Griner for All American Honors. Don't see any team having three post players on their All American team. IMHO Stef will have to build on her reputation this year and get on an All American team next year.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
I've said it before, but Morgan is going to end up as a special player before her playing days are over at UConn.

I haven't said this, but she will end up having her number hung up on the Wall of Honor. Predicting that Bria, KML, Breanna, Morgan and Moriah will end up on the Wall of Honors.

I'm hoping for Stef as well, but it will be tougher for her with so many talented players on the roster. Also this year she's going up against Elizabeth Williams & Griner for All American Honors. Don't see any team having three post players on their All American team. IMHO Stef will have to build on her reputation this year and get on an All American team next year.
If Dolson plays like she did at the end of last season she will make some AA team.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
"mwahahahahahaha!"

"Be afraid, [fill in school of your choice], be very afraid!":eek:

I'm with you ...!!!
........Transit of Venus
+......2012 Frosh officially begin the Season
=......The Dynasty Begins !!!!!!

mongol-horde-invasion.jpg

Be very afraid; for throughout the land there will arise great cries of despair, gnashing of teeth, and tales of sadness and woe..!! (Except from the land around Storrs ....hehe)

:D

Reaction Score

Has there ever been three players from the same school and class as first team all-americans? I don't think so, but it just may happen at UCONN.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
It's all in how the news is reported, or selectively linked.

I was under the impressionn that the USA team played very well, and that Stewart and Tuck were exceptional (42 points in 42 minutes, combined). But they were not alone, as several other players excelled at both ends of the court.

Then, this morning, just to make sure I got it right, I wandered over to the "other" other board to do a fact check. I learned (on volnation) that Bashaara Graves led the USA team to victory with 14 points. Among the names omitted from this ("subconsciously biased"?) account of the game were Stewart, Tuck, Mabrey, Prince and Jefferson.

Because of my diligent research I now know the straight skinny. I guess I am qualified to start a blog by saying, "Reportedly, Graves led USA to victory over Canada."

Reaction Score
Yesterday our incoming freshman scored 44 points Canada scored 46. I know last year sometimes I would be screaming at the TV during games "shoot the ball". I look forward to seeing us have more scoring options. Defense as well with Bre in there.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Kib, can you visit the Oranga board without paying? Do you actually pay? Inquiring minds want to know.

That is pretty amazing on how the victory was handled.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Breanna at SG. I love it! She is a matchup nightmare.

The fact is that Morgan and Breanna have played like college players for at least the last year.

And they already know UConn-speak. :)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kib, can you visit the Oranga board without paying? Do you actually pay? Inquiring minds want to know.

The cost is a lowered IQ if you stay on there too long. :)

Justavisitor

Unpopular Opinions
Reaction Score
It's all in how the news is reported, or selectively linked.

I was under the impressionn that the USA team played very well, and that Stewart and Tuck were exceptional (42 points in 42 minutes, combined). But they were not alone, as several other players excelled at both ends of the court.

Then, this morning, just to make sure I got it right, I wandered over to the "other" other board to do a fact check. I learned (on volnation) that Bashaara Graves led the USA team to victory with 14 points. Among the names omitted from this ("subconsciously biased"?) account of the game were Stewart, Tuck, Mabrey, Prince and Jefferson.

Because of my diligent research I now know the straight skinny. I guess I am qualified to start a blog by saying, "Reportedly, Graves led USA to victory over Canada."

From reading the board, it seems to be a board dedicated to sharing news about Lady Vols. If that's the purpose of that board, it seems fair enough to me. They also provide links back to the utsports.com stories, which are also dedicated to sharing news on the Lady Vols. Quite reasonable in my opinion.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
From reading the board, it seems to be a board dedicated to sharing news about Lady Vols. If that's the purpose of that board, it seems fair enough to me. They also provide links back to the utsports.com stories, which are also dedicated to sharing news on the Lady Vols. Quite reasonable in my opinion.
Absolutely. No matter how inaccurate they want to be its a Lady Vol board and it's their right to be that way.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is, basically, similar to what is left of the old Scout UConn board after the Boneyard left.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score

They hate each other as much as they hate us.

I curiously wandered into the "VolNation" board, which is free. There, posters refer to The Summitt as "the other board," and gleefully comment on its inevitable demise.

That's why I facetiously referred to VolNation as the "other" other board.

Trust me, I would sooner sign up Dr. Kevorkian as our family physician as I would pay to read the Summitt.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
Trust me, I would sooner sign up Dr. Kevorkian as our family physician as I would pay to read the Summitt.[/quote]

I, too, would prefer Dr. K. Don't suffer nearly as long..or as loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom