Fuller: Huskies piling up the steals | The Boneyard

Fuller: Huskies piling up the steals

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
- I almost expect a steal within 30 20 seconds of Banks checking in anymore.
- MoJeff is becoming quite the pickpocket herself.
- And KML continues to impress me with her steals as well, lots of them coming from great denial defense in the lane as well as a quite a few steals out on the perimeter.

Others are doing a great job as well, but those are the ones that stand out lately. Just a great job by the Huskies in this area!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
- I almost expect a steal within 30 20 seconds of Banks checking in anymore.
- MoJeff is becoming quite the pickpocket herself.
- And KML continues to impress me with her steals as well, lots of them coming from great denial defense in the lane as well as a quite a few steals out on the perimeter.

Others are doing a great job as well, but those are the ones that stand out lately. Just a great job by the Huskies in this area!
One thing I love is the way MoJeff has not poked away a steal but instead simply ripped the ball out of the hands of the opponent at the top of the offense. The waterbug is powerful.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
One thing I love is the way MoJeff has not poked away a steal but instead simply ripped the ball out of the hands of the opponent at the top of the offense. The waterbug is powerful.

Or maybe her hand speed is just so fast that she is seen ripping the ball before the other player can react. If the other player has faster hand speed...then Moriah may find out that when she tries to rip the ball she may be pulling against a player who has hands like a vice. I think it is a combination of the right amount of power exerted at precisely the right time before the player can react... I know I'm splitting hairs but it is a boring Monday morning.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
KML played point in the game-long full-court press at Mater Dei. She has a lot of experience at using her quick hands on defense.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Or maybe her hand speed is just so fast that she is seen ripping the ball before the other player can react. If the other player has faster hand speed...then Moriah may find out that when she tries to rip the ball she may be pulling against a player who has hands like a vice. I think it is a combination of the right amount of power exerted at precisely the right time before the player can react... I know I'm splitting hairs but it is a boring Monday morning.
Ripped one of of Pumroy's hands when Pumroy had a pretty good grip on it. Actually turned Pumroy around because of the force.

No one noted it but Bria was upgraded to probable from doubtful for tomorrow's game. Good news indeed.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's true. Talk about the game slowing down for some players. It's almost like it's bullet time from the Matrix out there.

Reaction Score
I think it is a combination of the right amount of power exerted at precisely the right time before the player can react...
Yes, seems like she has an abundance of fast twitch muscles and great hand-eye coordination. It happens before the opponent realizes that it happened. "Want to see it again" effect. Very Sims like, and, in time, when she gains more strength, she will be even more effective.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
An interesting thread.

Just to note, Kelly Faris, who wasn't mentioned in this thread, has 47 steals or almost double then next closest player KML wish 25.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I didn't bother to do the math, but my impression is that MoJeff might have the most per minute.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I didn't bother to do the math, but my impression is that MoJeff might have the most per minute.
Per the season box, KF is still ahead on a per min basis but MoJeff isn't far behind

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Per the season box, KF is still ahead on a per min basis but MoJeff isn't far behind
Thanks for doing the math. Too many poolside beverages for me today. :)

(Actually only one.)

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Thanks for doing the math. Too many poolside beverages for me today. :)

(Actually only one.)

Homer-and-his-Family-homer-simpson-137607_461_346.jpg

Reaction Score
Kelly's ridiculous with her steals. And MoJeff seems like she could be. Bria's always been good with the steals and KML has improved a lot. And then of course there's Banks all around improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom