Fuller: First Official Practice Tomorrow | The Boneyard

Fuller: First Official Practice Tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller@NHRJimFuller 19m
Defending national champions #UConn women's hoops team will hold first official practice tomorrow

Hallelujah

clouds-parting-m.ashx_.jpeg

Reaction Score
Where is the AAC media day video with all the coaches and players?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
With the start of practice comes:

ICC+Twitter+Ban+1.gif

From Adamec's blog:

A year ago, Stewart’s last tweet before the start of practice was, “Bye twitter see you in April, we got some business to take care of #chasing8″. She returned to Twitter the day after UConn won the NCAA crown with, “Told you I had some business to take care of. National Champs babyyyy!!!!! #gr8ness #bleedblue”.

What does Stewart have in store for the final tweet before the start of her sophomore year?

“I can’t tell you. It’s a secret,” Stewart said with a smile. “You have to see when it happens. Last year was pretty good. It will have to be a little better.”

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
For me, personally, October 2002, was the most exciting season opening. Gone were Seniors Bird, Cash, Jones, and Williams from an undefeated national Champions. They were replaced by untested freshmen Strothers, Wolff, Turner, and Crockett. The only returning starter was Taurasi. That was also the year I discovered the Boneyard, and was able to closely follow the Women's team. As I said, it was all very exciting.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Fuller and Rich Elliott tweeting that Banks not yet cleared for fullcourt bb at today's practice; running only.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
First practice in the books:

UConn associate head coach Chris Dailey said that she saw some good things but "we have some work to do but not bad, we'll see how it goes on Thursday (when UConn practices again)."

Dailey said that there is just as much teaching going on during the first day of practice as there has been in the last couple of seasons even though guard Saniya Chong is the only new scholarship player.

"We have three new guys (including walk-ons Tierney Lawlor and Briana Pulido) and I think they panicked just during warmups a little bit," Dailey said. "It is going to take a little while. I thought Saniya did some really good things, she has a really good feel for the game, she can get her shot and is physical on offense, I don't know about defense yet but it was good. It is a long season."

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
For CD to say "not bad" means it was probably pretty good......

:)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
For CD to say "not bad" means it was probably pretty good......

:)
Exactly. Her standards are quite high!

'[Saniya] has a really good feel for the game." This is great to hear, as that's something not easily taught.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
geesh I just realized I hadnt made it up to Storrs this fall to take grainy video footage :(

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
good one... and I'm sure we'll be locked out once the practice joint is up and running

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom