Fuller: Doug and Geno About Crystal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fuller: Doug and Geno About Crystal

Reaction Score
In one of the media sessions this fall, Geno and/or Crystal clearly said that he didn't trust her enough in crunch time in the NC game. He doesn't like negative surprises. He was comfortable with Saniya, but not with Crystal.
Yet he played Danger 17 minutes. Trust in Danger, lack of Trust in Saniya--who knows for certain. I keep beating this dead horse and someone has stolen my saddle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yet he played Danger 17 minutes. Trust in Danger, lack of Trust in Saniya--who knows for certain. I keep beating this dead horse and someone has stolen my saddle.
17 minutes is not trivial, but take a look at when she played. I don't know the answer, but I'm guessing she didn't play in the final minutes of regulation or in OT. In any case, Geno has said he wasn't comfortable with her enough to give her more PT. I would have liked to see her face guard Morgan William, but last year's Crystal is clearly not this year's Crystal.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
Ah, but while all of the things you say in support of Sanyia may be true, if you're the opposing coach and players, with the ball in their hands, who scares you the most? Sanyia or Crystal?. Crystal brings speed and energy to the UCONN game that Sanyia just doesn't possess. On that last shot that Sanyia couldn't make against MSU, this year's Crystal draws the foul, makes the shot, or even more likely finds the open player who does make the shot.

Maybe so. I just tend to think that Saniya was a better player than she got credit for being. She certainly wasn’t solely responsible for the mess-up versus MSU. Hit the free throws and make more of the point-blank shots, and we’d have a different conversation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky
Top Bottom