FullCourt All American Teams | The Boneyard

FullCourt All American Teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Well you have to consider that Graves did take her team to the Final Four and without Loyd ND would never have won the National Championship.

Some kid named Stewart outscored both of them but she had no impact as a freshman so she probably didn't deserve any consideration.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Well you have to consider that Graves did take her team to the Final Four and without Loyd ND would never have won the National Championship.

Some kid named Stewart outscored both of them but she had no impact as a freshman so she probably didn't deserve any consideration.

If you see Superman flying over Metropolis, please tell him we could use some help in our universe, too :)

Reaction Score
Editor's Note: All team selections represent the player’s body of work for the season through the second round of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament Round of 32. Players for each five-member team were selected based on merit, without regard to playing position (center, forward, guard) on all teams. Within each team, players have been listed alphabetically

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Has Alyssa Thomas done anything in a meaningful game...ever? 2006 was seven years ago- let's stop acting like the ACC is anything but a soft conference...well until the infusion of former Big East team happens anyway.

The nods for LV players is also amusing.

However, the only team that is really important to make is the national championship team.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Has Alyssa Thomas done anything in a meaningful game...ever? 2006 was seven years ago- let's stop acting like the ACC is anything but a soft conference...well until the infusion of former Big East team happens anyway.

However, the only team that is really important to make is the national championship team.

Actually, Thomas did much to further Faris' reputation as a lock down defender.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Well, the picks are full of something. I understand deadlines and all, but the "through the second round" note is just assinine. Let's stop the presses before the story really begins. Either say your awards are for the regular season or do the full job and not one that leaves out half the donkey. This is outdated before it's posted, and just useless.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
The cutoff at "the round of 32" in the NCAA Tournament is really stupid. Many awards (POY, COY, etc.) are based solely on the regular season. The Big Dance doesn't count. Fair enough.

And some (e.g.,final polls ranking teams) hold off until after the NC game. Also fair to all.

But to include only the early mismatches in the NCAA Tournament is just plain stupid.

Why am I not surprised?

Reaction Score
Editor's Note: All team selections represent the player’s body of work for the season through the second round of the NCAA Division I Women’s Basketball Tournament Round of 32. Players for each five-member team were selected based on merit, without regard to playing position (center, forward, guard) on all teams. Within each team, players have been listed alphabetically
For some reason, the editor deleted the last line of the above Note. "Thankfully, we only had to go back to the second round of the tournament to get the results we wanted."

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
From an ESPN piece by Michelle Smith: "Now she's setting the Huskies up for a dynastic run over the next three seasons of her career." I think maybe she's talking about someone who is the NFOY. Maybe named Stewie.

I can't seem to find this statement anywhere: "Now Graves is setting the Volunteers up for a dynastic run over the next three seasons of her career." The ground just doesn't seem to shake in the same way when you mention Graves' name.

Reaction Score
Reason number 935623 why Geno consistently states that things voted upon are MUCH less important than things settled on the court.

Reaction Score
Not sure I see this great overshadowing all freshman type play by Loyd for the year in BE. She averaged 32 minutes a game in BE and shot less than 40 %, had more turnovers than assists and had 6 blocks and 16 steals. She averaged 10.9 per game in BE. Breanna played 22 minutes a game and shot just over 40% from field had 6.4 to 5.3 rebound advantage and where Loyd had 6 blocks and 16 steals Breanna had 32 blocks and 16 steals. Loyd averaged 10.9 per game and Breanna 10.5. Both had more turnovers than assists.
Breanna's 3 point shooting in BE was terrible but she only took 28.
Seems like Breanna got about same things done on offense as Loyd in lot less minutes (you basically need to add 45% to her stats if you increase her stats to equate minutes - know can't exactly do that but pretty much can given how Uconn plays and who they play in the BE). Defensively, not sure you can make much of a case that Loyd is a bigger factor than Breanna; probably other way around.
Head to head in league Loyd for 3 Uconn games had total 17 rebounds and 32 points vs. Breanna 17 rebounds and 31 points. Minutes close also with Loyd 108 and Breanna 94. We know what happened in the fourth meeting.
Graves had good stats in 30 minutes per game (whole season as don't show league only) and averaged 13.2 pts (again almost 40 % more minutes) and shot 52% (no 3's to drag % down) and 8 rebounds; low blocks at 13. Breanna shot over 50% for year also and factor out 33% 3 point shooting and shot 55%; had 74 blocks for year.
Don't see the "oh Loyd and Graves had better years than Breanna" in the stats as much as Geno used her less than other freshman were used. Didn't say she was stellar all year and should have run away with best freshman, just that her disappointing vs. the "expected the NCAA Breanna all year" comparisons and that ND and Tenn girls had solid freshman years that were comparable to Breanna; and when conventional wisdom was Breanna would just carry Uconn from day one it made Breanna's results look like less than they were.

Reaction Score
Simmons made 3rd team. I presume that anyone who decides to look after reading that is just looking for a good chuckle.

Reaction Score
In all seriousness, stuff like this bums me out. WCBB has made a lot of great strides. But, so many of the people in non-player roles fall so short. Referees and so-called analysts are two groups that come to mind. Sigh ...

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Full Court has become Full of S##t as a serious, women's basketball website..... And I read almost all of them. Guess they had a management change recently.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Geno to a future player.... "Sorry, you don't make The Wall Of Honor because you weren't selected by Full Court." :p

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Graves had a nice freshman year. She was the first freshman at Tennessee to get ten double doubles since Parker. She had to carry the load at times when Harrison was out. Lloyd had a nice year but she also had Diggins.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
What I don't get is why everyone is all aflutter over what FC thinks. It's like getting upset over the East Oshgosh Gazette All American Team selections. Why do you care?
The Oshgosh Gazette has much more credibility.

Reaction Score

Thanks for your post. I'm trying to understand how we could totally nullify her on the court not just once but twice and yet she is a first team All-American??????? No way, Jose! Long before she was selected you had to have KML on your team. I do concede that Thomas has a good engine, she's continually on the go (ala Kelly Faris) but she doesn't accomplish anything against the better teams in the league.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
I agree. I have never understood the love affair in some quarters with Thomas. When has she ever won a 'huge' game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom