Fullback Robert Burns | The Boneyard

Fullback Robert Burns

Reaction Score
I wish people could use full, unambiguous sentences on social media. If the coach is saying Burns was invited to the Senior Bowl, I couldn’t be happier for the young man. Showed a ton of perseverance and patience and has been a huge part of our 5-1 run. (If he’s lobbying for a senior bowl invite, o.k.)

Reaction Score
I wish people could use full, unambiguous sentences on social media. If the coach is saying Burns was invited to the Senior Bowl, I couldn’t be happier for the young man. Showed a ton of perseverance and patience and has been a huge part of our 5-1 run. (If he’s lobbying for a senior bowl invite, o.k.)
He’s lobbying for a Senior Bowl invite.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He's personification of "next man up". We're really only talking about the 6 games when he and Rosa were pretty much the only RB options. Had a forgettable first five games, including not seeing a touch vs Cuse.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He’s lobbying for a Senior Bowl invite.

A Senior Bowl invite would be an incredible accomplishment. It's a greater than 90% chance of being drafted if you get that magic ticket to Mobile.

Reaction Score
He's a great example what real coaches can do. Find out what guys do well and get them into positions to do it. TFG had one run play that didn't play to his strengths apparently. Although watching him this year it's hard to see how he would not have been more effective that some of the other guys who got to tote the rock.

Reaction Score
I love how he came into a team he fit like a glove. A true portal suc in
His success will be a huge selling point to transfer recruits this year. From the end of Miami's bench to legit pro prospect via UCONN.
His success will be huge when framed in how portals succeed here under HCJM. He was an RE portal guy, but got little opp under him.

I like that HCJM tagged other postseason opps. Happy for the kid. He’s another in a long line of feel good stories this year.

Reaction Score
He's a great example what real coaches can do. Find out what guys do well and get them into positions to do it. TFG had one run play that didn't play to his strengths apparently. Although watching him this year it's hard to see how he would not have been more effective that some of the other guys who got to tote the rock.
Mora and staff have done many things brilliantly this year. I’m not sure giving them tons of credit for Burns getting to carry the rock regularly, when this is only happening because their top 3 options coming into the season got hurt, is one of them. But all credit to Burnsy, more than taking advantage of an opportunity.

Reaction Score
Mora and staff have done many things brilliantly this year. I’m not sure giving them tons of credit for Burns getting to carry the rock regularly, when this is only happening because their top 3 options coming into the season got hurt, is one of them. But all credit to Burnsy, more than taking advantage of an opportunity.

That's fair. But neither Edsall or Spanos used him in short yardage which I consider lunacy.

The interesting thing is that he is the best cutback runner on the team He understands the zone blocking scheme and almost always takes the cutback when it is there.

Reaction Score
Agreed. That was a happy coincidence. They had him buried. But, I suppose it shows the depth in our RB stable.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
A Senior Bowl invite would be an incredible accomplishment. It's a greater than 90% chance of being drafted if you get that magic ticket to Mobile.
The Senior Bowl is a huge showcase. Hopefully he gets the invite, but I'm not sure the 90% figure applies to traditional fullbacks, which are a dying bread in the NFL. He's not one, but that is how Burns is listed. He's come on huge of late and is getting over 5.5 yards/rush, but for his sake, I'd be more comfortable if he had more opportunity to pass block and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Without a Senior Bowl invite, Burns goes undrafted. With the invite, he might get a look in the 6th or 7th round.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Way more touches than he would have had if more guys remained healthy.

Was watching NFL live last night and they were talking about the power game making a comeback. I think this opens some doors for him at the next level. He’s a power guy with a lot of twitch.

Reaction Score
He’s not just a very good football player, he’s a great person—from an awesome family—and smart as heck. Here he is on Senior Day with his sister Dev and her fiancé, his girlfriend Alé and his Mom.
It‘s great to see Mora and EJ Barthel promoting him to the Senior Bowl and beyond.
1668637125885.jpeg

Reaction Score
I don’t see him as a nfl fullback. He’s a big running back and let’s be clear, he can run the ball pretty good for a. If guy at about 4.7 a carry.

I could totally see him on a team as third string RB who plays special teams and can carry ball in short yardage.

His character and story will help. He is a former top RB recruit out of Miami. Had some injuries. Bulked up, but nfl will give him a look. Versatility and ST will help.

I hope he gets a shot. That’s all you want. Bigger running back is useful at nfl level. And, if he can pass protect, and catch and play special teams….what more u w at out of a UDFA? Hell. Get to camp, make practice squad. That’s the goal for him.

Reaction Score
I don’t see him as a nfl fullback. He’s a big running back and let’s be clear, he can run the ball pretty good for a. If guy at about 4.7 a carry.

I could totally see him on a team as third string RB who plays special teams and can carry ball in short yardage.

His character and story will help. He is a former top RB recruit out of Miami. Had some injuries. Bulked up, but nfl will give him a look. Versatility and ST will help.

I hope he gets a shot. That’s all you want. Bigger running back is useful at nfl level. And, if he can pass protect, and catch and play special teams….what more u w at out of a UDFA? Hell. Get to camp, make practice squad. That’s the goal for him.

Well the guy who was a Head Coach at two NFL franchises said he projects as a FB. But what does he know?

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I hope he gets a shot. Besides having a solid season and being a great story, he's an amazing human being. He co-founded a non-profit to collect unused cafeteria food and give to the needy. Plus he owns a donut shop called Roberto's Donuts. How can you not pull for a guy like this?

Reaction Score
Well the guy who was a Head Coach at two NFL franchises said he projects as a FB. But what does he know?
And he got fired twice. Lol.

I don’t think he is big enough. Think Burns Vs. Anthony Sherman.

I think Burns is a big running back. Regardless. Whatever gets kid into nfl.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom