Fri., Aug. 29 BYU 8:00 p.m. ESPN

Sat., Sept. 6 STONY BROOK TBA TBA

Sat., Sept. 13 BOISE STATE TBA TBA

Fri., Sept. 19 at USF* TBA ESPN/ESPN2

Sat., Sept. 27 TEMPLE* TBA TBA

Sat., Oct. 11 at Tulane* TBA TBA

Thur., Oct. 23 at East Carolina* TBA ESPNU

Sat., Nov. 1 UCF* TBA TBA

Sat., Nov. 8 vs. Army TBA CBS Sports Network (Yankee Stadium, New York, N.Y.)

Sat., Nov. 22 CINCINNATI* TBA TBA

Sat., Nov. 29 at Memphis* TBA TBA

Sat., Dec. 6 SMU TBA TBA

HOME GAMES IN BOLD CAPS

Reaction Score
No too bad. I like the fact we have 3 nationally televised games already on the schedule. Go Huskies!

Reaction Score
2 games in October and no home games does seem bizarre.

Reaction Score

Well, they could have given us the Friday night Holloween game in October, but I think we can settle for the Saturday Nov 1st instead.

Reaction Score

It's basically two separate 6 game seasons, and plenty of time in the middle to make sure everybody is remaining on top of their academics. Shouldn't have anybody academically ineligible after this season. Heavy front loaded. I hope we can start out the gate fast and strong. The good news is that there isn't any religious holiday conflict in October.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't count CBS Sports Network or ESPNU nationally televised games. That's just me. Also when was the last time UCONN didn't play at home the first Saturday in December? 2010 at S. Florida?

Reaction Score
If you had to have a favorable setup to the schedule, this appears to be it.
After the three OOC games, scheduling USF & Temple bodes well. A week off before traveling to Tulane and then
10 days to prepare for ECU on the road. ARMY after UCF....with a week off to prepare for Cincy here ending with
SMU here in December (IMO..I like warm weather schools from the south here in early December).

We need to come out of the gates well.....

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Four home games in 5 weeks to start the season? I better start doubling up on the milk thistle around the 4th of July.

Reaction Score
I was a little surprised about the December 6th game at home, as I just assumed the AAC Conference Championship game would be played on that weekend, but I guess that does not start until 2015…. to bad…

Reaction Score
Nice that the Tulane game is over Columbus Day weekend and Memphis is over Thanksgiving. Two great cities to visit during those breaks.

Reaction Score
Four home games in 5 weeks to start the season? I better start doubling up on the milk thistle around the 4th of July.
Milk thistle is sometimes used as a natural treatment for liver problems. These liver problems include cirrhosis, jaundice, hepatitis, and gallbladder disorders.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
There's never a bad time to pay a visit to Bourbon Street.

Reaction Score
I couldn't be happier about the October schedule. I am getting Married on the 4th and was worried I'd have to miss one or two home games due to wedding/honeymoon. Ended up working out perfectly. I've only missed one home game the past six years to walk my sister down the aisle and I'm glad I can keep it that way. August can't come soon enough!

Reaction Score
I couldn't be happier about the October schedule. I am getting Married on the 4th and was worried I'd have to miss one or two home games due to wedding/honeymoon. Ended up working out perfectly. I've only missed one home game the past six years to walk my sister down the aisle and I'm glad I can keep it that way. August can't come soon enough!

So you planned your wedding and got lucky that your wedding and honeymoon just happened to fall on weekends (actually weeks) that didn't interfere with UConn football.

So tell me...does your fiance drive you to the tailgate and pick you up or do you tell her you are meeting your "buds" for basket weaving, and sneak off to the game or does she give you permission to go to the games? :cool:

By the way...50/50 is not a bad thing.:D

Reaction Score
Some nice home games there - BYU, Boise, UCF and Cincy. The first two should be a big draw.

Reaction Score
If you had to have a favorable setup to the schedule, this appears to be it.
After the three OOC games, scheduling USF & Temple bodes well. A week off before traveling to Tulane and then
10 days to prepare for ECU on the road. ARMY after UCF....with a week off to prepare for Cincy here ending with
SMU here in December (IMO..I like warm weather schools from the south here in early December).

We need to come out of the gates well.....
Colt, you are correct. Schedule sets up well. Much rather player Temple and USF than ECU and UCF after the two tough OOC games with BYU and BSU. Also like the timing of the bye weeks to heal up and prepare for ECU and Cincy games which will be challenging.

Reaction Score
Not bad considering. I have season tickets and will likely go to the BYU game as it’s before my youth soccer coaching duties begin in earnest and will likely go to the Temple game myself as it will be a hard sell (along with Stony Brook). Plan to go to the SMU game, too, as its always fun watching a southern school play football in a snowstorm (just ask USF). Will likely sell the Boise St. game and UCF game as those two will be big draws and I will need the leeway with the wife to go to the Yankee Stadium game and, if she is in one hell of an awesome mood, find a few buddies to go to the Tulane game.

Reaction Score
There's never a bad time to pay a visit to Bourbon Street.
Well, I take back my like. My brother was there in the Hurricane and was happy to get out. Other than those rare occasions, though, you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom