Full 2023 Schedule Screenshot From AD David Benedict | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Full 2023 Schedule Screenshot From AD David Benedict

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Good call, our return game to Liberty is either off or delayed but won’t be happening in 2023.

I assume we fill the spot with either a pay day game or 2 for 1 with a big shot OR making up the Virginia game.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
Take that back, Army is also off 11/11 next year and need a home game. Perfect fit. We can get a home game in 2026, and it fills in the gaps in our series. 10/24/26 we should be able to play them at home.

Reaction Score
That Liberty 2023 game was scheduled for November 11th. We have another open date that season the weekend of Oct 14th. If we can grab another P5 school to fill that 12th game it would be nice. (maybe Virginia or Illinois since those games got wiped out in 2020). Obviously depends on who's available those dates.

Last edited:

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I have come up with a reasonable way to schedule starting in 2026:
1 P5 body bag game (vs. Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, etc.)
4 P5 home and home series (vs. Virginia, UNC, Maryland, Syracuse, BC, etc.)
2 MW home and home series (vs. Boise State, Fresno State, SDSU, etc.) with the road half played during Week 0
2 home and home series with UMass and Army
1 FCS opponent at home
2 regional home and home series (vs. Buffalo, Temple, USF, ECU)

If we construct our schedules like this and keep our TV contract with CBS Sports Network, we should have a minimum of 6 games on CBS Sports Network, the FCS game likely on SNY, the 3 away P5 games on either OTA networks or ACC Network, and the other games on NESN (UMass) and/or one game on ESPN+ (AAC opponent).

Example schedule:
1) at SDSU
2) vs UNC
3) at Syracuse
4) at Alabama
5) vs Buffalo
6) at Temple
7) vs Maryland
8) vs Wyoming
9) at Army
10) at Boston College
11) vs CCSU
12) vs UMass

Reaction Score
That Liberty 2023 game was scheduled for November 11th. We have another open date that season the weekend of Oct 14th. If we can grab another P5 school to fill that 12th game it would be nice. (maybe Virginia or Illinois since those games got wiped out in 2020). Obviously depends on who's available those dates.
Incoveniently in 2023, the OOC schedules for the Wahoos and Illini are filled. UConn's 9/14 or 11/11 bye week will be filled by some other opponent.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Teams that still need 2023 OOC game(s):

ACC:

Georgia Tech
Miami (FL)
Pitt

American:

SMU (2)
North Texas
Tulane

Big 12:

Baylor
Kansas
TBD- Houston
UCF

B1G:

Northwestern

CUSA:

MTSU
UTEP

MAC:

Kent State

MWC:

Fresno State
TBD- Hawaii
Nevada

SEC:

Auburn

Sun Belt:

Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Southern Mississippi

I didn‘t look at existing Independent schedules as its a mess with teams transitioning leagues in 2023. I tried to include the teams in their new leagues but its possible that due to changes in number of non-conference games per league that certain teams wind up needing or not needing games.

To me- that rumored UConn v Pitt home and home starting next year in Pittsburgh makes a TON of sense. We are open to a road game with our @ Liberty game next year being cancelled and Pitt still needs a non conference non-P5 home game to round out their slate.

Reaction Score
Teams that still need 2023 OOC game(s):

ACC:

Georgia Tech
Miami (FL)
Pitt

American:

SMU (2)
North Texas
Tulane

Big 12:

Baylor
Kansas
TBD- Houston
UCF

B1G:

Northwestern

CUSA:

MTSU
UTEP

MAC:

Kent State

MWC:

Fresno State
TBD- Hawaii
Nevada

SEC:

Auburn

Sun Belt:

Coastal Carolina
James Madison
Southern Mississippi

I didn‘t look at existing Independent schedules as its a mess with teams transitioning leagues in 2023. I tried to include the teams in their new leagues but its possible that due to changes in number of non-conference games per league that certain teams wind up needing or not needing games.

To me- that rumored UConn v Pitt home and home starting next year in Pittsburgh makes a TON of sense. We are open to a road game with our @ Liberty game next year being cancelled and Pitt still needs a non conference non-P5 home game to round out their slate.
I'm assuming the photo in the other thread is outdated as that had our schedules full til 2025

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom