Fukkn choke job. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Fukkn choke job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Time for folks to treat this team with the respect it deserves. Being happy with the outcome given the fact they had it won is disrespectful.

Well, they also had it lost in regulation and made a tremendous comeback. Perhaps we also ought to treat the opponent with the respect it deserves.

Reaction Score
This conference makes me sick right now. The Big East, not the NCAA, decided not to allow UCONN to play in the Big East tournament. Yet the conference is banking on UCONN to be the flagship program going forward. UCONN has had some epic games in the BET and always bring lots of fans to MSG. The decision making of this conference is self destructive. The conference should support it's founding members and not further penalize the university for an unfair retroactive APR policy. These players had nothing to do with the low APR scores and they deserve much better.

Reaction Score
The conference should support it's founding members and not further penalize the university for an unfair retroactive APR policy. These players had nothing to do with the low APR scores and they deserve much better.

In the span of two sentences you've both made an excellent point and then gone and shot yourself in the foot.

The "these players had nothing to do with it" argument holds no water and detracts from the "retroactive punishment" argument.

If we'd stuck with only the latter the whole time maybe we'd have had more credibility to our complaint.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That's all.

Sent from my MAXX HD.
Ya know Gib if you are only going post occasionally, you might want to put a little more thought into the stuff you actually put out there.

Reaction Score
In the span of two sentences you've both made an excellent point and then gone and shot yourself in the foot.

The "these players had nothing to do with it" argument holds no water and detracts from the "retroactive punishment" argument.

If we'd stuck with only the latter the whole time maybe we'd have had more credibility to our complaint.

Which current player had anything to do with it?

The NCAA retroactively punishes for violations all the time, that's true. Typically they are for rules that existed at the time, though.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
After watching the "entertainment" value this team gives, how can you be a basketball fan, anywhere in the country and not want this "type" of team to be in any tournament. We have like 6 overtime games to show for it. Hell we have a 6 overtime game to show for it (historically). Let the BE and NCAA officials take note, the UConn brand is synonymous with "entertainment". They are the losers and chokers.

Yea, that feels good. :)
I'd like our chances to make some noise in the tournament, if we had a shot. Man, I hope 'bazz and boat stay. I'm fine with it if they leave (although, I think it would be a mistake) but I really hope they stay.

Reaction Score
Ok....let this please be the last comment on this pathetic post.

Didn't choke, tough loss, they gave it everything they had....goodnight.

Reaction Score
Which current player had anything to do with it?

The NCAA retroactively punishes for violations all the time, that's true. Typically they are for rules that existed at the time, though.

I wasn't saying it was false that "these players had nothing to do with it" I'm saying that the NCAA/media/any reasonable person would counter with "well, yeah, but how else can you punish college athletic programs?"

The fact that they changed the rule and punished us a second time based on scores that were obtained before the rule was changed is a horrific abortion of justice and that should have been our only argument.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Ya know Gib if you are only going post occassionally, you might want to put a little more thought into the stuff you actually put out there.

You have to forgive gibby a bit. He posted from his cell phone which means he was out at a bar sh!tfaced and without self control. Since posting he probably got pinched for pissing in an alley.

Reaction Score
I wasn't saying it was false that "these players had nothing to do with it" I'm saying that the NCAA/media/any reasonable person would counter with "well, yeah, but how else can you punish college athletic programs?"

The fact that they changed the rule and punished us a second time based on scores that were obtained before the rule was changed is a horrific abortion of justice and that should have been our only argument.

Gotcha. I agree with you 100 percent.

Maybe the one thing that bugs me more than anything else is that our 2011 NC team gets slandered By reasonably knowledgable fans. People think that team wasn't going to class because of the postseason ban coming now and call the title tainted, when we actually had a 979 APR that year.

But I suppose the kids can shrug it off while they polish their rings.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
My final opinion on this...not a gag. The #7 team in the country simply wanted it and took the game back. Their defense started the heist. And Otto with the kill shot.

Reaction Score

I do not understand where I contradicted myself. Not one player on this team was playing during the years our APR scores were low. Also they enrolled and started playing for UCONN before the new APR policy was created. The NCAA had already docked us scholarships for the poor scores.

OK , I understand now. I just love this team and hate their circumstance this year.

Reaction Score
I was giggling like a school girl when were up 7. I swear we had at least 5 more points coming from the free throw line.

There was a definite gag tonight. But glad we didn't lose by 20 as it looked like for a while. What did GTown have at one point...8 of 9 treys in the 2nd half. Can't beat that most nights.

Especially if you don't bother defending out on the perimeter. Tonight reminded me of the loss to Rutgers in football in '09 on long TD catch and run. Never should have happen. Nor should tonights loss have occurred.

Reaction Score
Ok....let this please be the last comment on this pathetic post.

Didn't choke, tough loss, they gave it everything they had....goodnight.

KO's comments on ESPN should be the last words regarding the final 3 games without a tourney shot.

"I want to coach the best attitude team in America" Ollie said. "They are playing for something. I hate that it's coming to an end, but I wouldn't take it back for the world."

I'm pretty sure KO tells his team he is proud of them everyday and I'm thinking tonight was no different. No moral victory speech, just an I'm proud of you speech.

Reaction Score
Gotta win up 7 with less than a minute left. This ain't pee-wee ball. Winning as a 2 point dog just isn't that shocking.
ok. so now what. spend the net sevral days calling for ollie to step down. or trying to figure out who blew the game?
they lost. they will lose again at some point,
it was a great game, the crowd was awesome, and the team almost beat the #7 team.
and they came from 11 down in the final 3 minutes to force ot.

it was a great game that uconn lost. next.

Reaction Score
No, were saying that UCONN played their nuts off against a superior opponent and nearly pulled off a shocking victory after being down 12 points with just a few minutes left. If you can't appreciate that you need to find another hobby.
I'll take this club against the 05-06 team with all it's stars that choked in the NCCA Regional Finals. These kids played their 's off last night. If not for one or 2 instances they would have won last night. YES, KO should be in the running for COY in the Big East. With what he has done with this group DESERVES serious consideration for the award. Taking nothing away from JT-3, Georgetown has the horses. KO has patched together a club that has scratched and clawed it's way through a difficult season. The big hope is that KO can recruit as well as he has coached so far this year. Anyone................ANYONE that has a problem with this group of kids really needs to rethink their attitude about the way this team and it's coach has performed..
END OF RANT.

Reaction Score
06 would man handle his team. could you really imagine Giffey guarding Boone or Armstrong and I think Giffey is an all BE defender. Not even mentioning how rashad would take full advantage of our guards defensive lapses. swear this board hates that 06 team for no reason.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
06 would man handle his team. could you really imagine Giffey guarding Boone or Armstrong and I think Giffey is an all BE defender. Not even mentioning how rashad would take full advantage of our guards defensive lapses. swear this board hates that 06 team for no reason.
It's the most despised 30-win team in history, no question.

Reaction Score
I had to get over my my normal gag reflex that comes with any Gtown victory. I am now over it.
Yes we could have won if any of several of things had happened and yes it would have been sweet- but to be upset with the game and the way we played last night is just plain dumb. That was one hell of a game and we should have won- but I really like this group of players- they make me proud to be a UCONN fan and not every team good or bad has done that in the past.

Reaction Score
I have a very difficult time criticizing this team, but blowing a 7-point lead in the last two minutes of double-overtime is a choke job.

We know this team can beat good teams in close games - they just gave last night's away.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Time for folks to treat this team with the respect it deserves. Being happy with the outcome given the fact they had it won is disrespectful.
Yes, we need to respect them enough to say they choked by losing in double OT after being down 5 with 11 seconds to play in regulation.

I guess I missed the part where we "had it won." Silly me, going by the final score all these years.

Reaction Score
This team doesn't choke.

And how about we give Gtown a little credit? Porter is damn good

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think, overall, its a fair outcome. GTown was the better team in the second half, and a made free throw from winning it then. Would have been a great win for UConn, but getting to OT was somewhat fortunate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom