Fukkn choke job. | The Boneyard

Fukkn choke job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
We were up by like 8. Great game but we should have pulled that out. Boatright had Daniels wide open at the end of the first OT.

Reaction Score
We were up by like 8. Great game but we should have pulled that out. Boatright had Daniels wide open at the end of the first OT.
That is certainly true, but with all those bodies flying around, and the corresponding non-stop direction changes, what is obvious from the stands (and tv) is not so obvious on the court. It would have been great if he saw him though....

Reaction Score
Boatright pass the damn ball !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He did it at the end again. Has a bad habit of driving into the right side and getting locked up.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Quit crying. It was a great game by our guys. I am proud of them. They played their hearts out tonight and that's all we can expect from these kids.

So you're saying this is a moral victory?

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
So you're saying this is a moral victory?
No, were saying that UCONN played their nuts off against a superior opponent and nearly pulled off a shocking victory after being down 12 points with just a few minutes left. If you can't appreciate that you need to find another hobby.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
No, were saying that UCONN played their nuts off against a superior opponent and nearly pulled off a shocking victory after being down 12 points with just a few minutes left. If you can't appreciate that you need to find another hobby.

Gotta win up 7 with less than a minute left. This ain't pee-wee ball. Winning as a 2 point dog just isn't that shocking.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
Gotta win up 7 with less than a minute left. This ain't pee-wee ball. Winning as a 2 point dog just isn't that shocking.
Losing to the #7 team in the country, who has a player of the year candidate that we had to guard with Niels Giffey, and battling back from a 12 point deficit and only losing by 1 in double overtime is amazing. It aint peewee ball but this is a VERY limited UCONN team who played their asses off. Its unfortunate that you can't see the joy in that. Sure, it was a tough loss but there was clearly a silver lining on this dark cloud.

caw

Reaction Score
Losing to the #7 team in the country, who has a player of the year candidate that we had to guard with Niels Giffey, and battling back from a 12 point deficit and only losing by 1 in double overtime is amazing. It aint peewee ball but this is a VERY limited UCONN team who played their asses off. Its unfortunate that you can't see the joy in that. Sure, it was a tough loss but there was clearly a silver lining on this dark cloud.

Forgot: injured Shabazz Napier.

Reaction Score
When it was 77-71 with something like a minute or so to go I thought we get to 80 we win. I don't think we got one good look after that.
Choke is hard word. But I think we should have won the game.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Jesus give it a rest. Georgetown's the hottest team in the country. Would have been an outstanding win.

Time for folks to treat this team with the respect it deserves. Being happy with the outcome given the fact they had it won is disrespectful.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Quit crying. It was a great game by our guys. I am proud of them. They played their hearts out tonight and that's all we can expect from these kids.
Correct - down by 11 in 2nd half-a few uconn teams in recent memory would have folded like a cheap suit i love this team for its fight

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
When it was 77-71 with something like a minute or so to go I thought we get to 80 we win. I don't think we got one good look after that.
Choke is hard word. But I think we should have won the game.
I was giggling like a school girl when were up 7. I swear we had at least 5 more points coming from the free throw line.

There was a definite gag tonight. But glad we didn't lose by 20 as it looked like for a while. What did GTown have at one point...8 of 9 treys in the 2nd half. Can't beat that most nights.

Reaction Score
After watching the "entertainment" value this team gives, how can you be a basketball fan, anywhere in the country and not want this "type" of team to be in any tournament. We have like 6 overtime games to show for it. Hell we have a 6 overtime game to show for it (historically). Let the BE and NCAA officials take note, the UConn brand is synonymous with "entertainment". They are the losers and chokers.

Yea, that feels good. :)

Reaction Score
I was giggling like a school girl when were up 7. I swear we had at least 5 more points coming from the free throw line.

There was a definite gag tonight. But glad we didn't lose by 20 as it looked like for a while. What did GTown have at one point...8 of 9 treys in the 2nd half. Can't beat that most nights.

That Porter three was huge. Made it a manageable deficit right away. Forced us to play and not just kill clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom