Fudd vs KML | The Boneyard

Fudd vs KML

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
Following the St. Johns game, Geno made a comment comparing Fudd and KML in terms of shot and playing time. I have been thinking about this comparison for a bit. I wish I had access to footage to make a side-by-side video to see their shooting motions.

Curious to watch the Fudd's college career trajectory with KML as a comparison.

Reaction Score
The pivotal difference is athleticism that then cascades to all the skill differences.

Therefore Azzi has the additional skills to be a SG where KML was a wing or G/F depending on your preference.

The shots are both pure as snow....

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
K was one of my favorite players. She remains one of the highest scorers in NCAA tourney history, and was one box-out away from being the first player to win 4 National Championships. She is not an alpha personality, however.

Azzi also is a kind person with a quiet and sweet demeanor, but seems to have just a little "nasty" under the surface. Paige and Geno will try to develop that. If Azzi's college career is on a par with Kaleena's, that would be wonderful. I think she's on the right track. As with Kaleena before her, Azzi's presence on the floor totally changes the way defenses play us.

Reaction Score
The pivotal difference is athleticism that then cascades to all the skill differences.

Therefore Azzi has the additional skills to be a SG where KML was a wing or G/F depending on your preference.

The shots are both pure as snow....
I never thought I'd see anyone else shoot as well as KML, but Azzi is close, and her all-around game might be better. We've been very blessed.

Kat

Reaction Score
Most teams would be just fine (and grateful) to have a pure shooter like KML out there, concentrating on what she does so well and relying on the other players to do the other things. That's why Geno and his staff are the best--they are never satisfied. That's why top players come to UConn--they know that they will leave as better players. I think Fudd gets that.

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
The other advantage that Fudd has right now, compared to wing/3pt shooters (KML, Maya) is that she moves well without the ball, isn't apprehensive to drive to the hoop, the latter which Geno begged Maya to do and it might have taken her the full 4 years to do that consistently.

Reaction Score
I love these visits to the not so distant past and to see players who were so special in such a sustained way. KML came to UConn as a heralded shooter, much as Lou came later. For much of her first 3 seasons, Kaleena attempted to become more of an all-around player, though, for many of us her treys were enough. Finally, in her last season, Mosqueda-Lewis came off the perimeter and started to post up and to expand her game. Her short jumpers were just as accurate as her long ones. By adding another dimension, she made herself more valuable to her team and helped increase her value in the WNBA draft.
BUT whereas KML remained basically a shooter, Azzi is already much more than that. If you watch Fudd closely, you'll see just how much she does even when she isn't shooting, particularly on defense. She never stops moving. Azzi is all about details, wanting to do everything perfectly. She needs no prompting to become a complete player.
In truth there is no real comparison here. These women were/are very different, and I value them both.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom