Fudd, Ducharme and DeBerry all make McD's AA... no Saylor | The Boneyard

Fudd, Ducharme and DeBerry all make McD's AA... no Saylor

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Congratulations, ladies.... can't wait to see all of you next year!

Since Saylor early enrolled, she wasn't eligible.

Miles, Darius, and von Oelhoffen would have likely made the final roster, too, if they weren't already at Notre Dame, UCLA, and Oregon State.

Congrats to all!

The full list:

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Some of the usual suspects and some surprises. South Carolina w/ 4, UConn, Texas and North Carolina w/ 3, Stanford, USC and Georgia w/ 2.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Impressive that Big Carolina got 3 and Little Carolina got 4

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
I dandered over to the boys' list and noticed that six players on the list are still uncommitted. Is that normal?

Reaction Score
I dandered over to the boys' list and noticed that six players on the list are still uncommitted. Is that normal?

Yes -- men wait very long to commit. Not unusual for the top men to sign in the spring, while it is pretty rare for women to.

Regardless, here is a nice breakdown. EYBL isn't everything, but it sure does help:

Reaction Score

Yes, a lot of the men wait longer to commit. Beyond just taking longer to make up their mind, there are two other issues that may come into play: (1) A number of the top men's recruits have opted to go to the G League or overseas in recent year; and (2) sometimes there are players who have yet to qualify academically; that almost never happens on the women's side.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Yes, a lot of the men wait longer to commit. Beyond just taking longer to make up their mind, there are two other issues that may come into play: (1) A number of the top men's recruits have opted to go to the G League or overseas in recent year; and (2) sometimes there are players who have yet to qualify academically; that almost never happens on the women's side.
I think a big part of men waiting til later to commit is they are looking to see who declares early from which schools, thus opening up playing time for them potentially.

Reaction Score
I think a big part of men waiting til later to commit is they are looking to see who declares early from which schools, thus opening up playing time for them potentially.
Yea a LOT more movement on the men’s side — players declaring or transferring. Roster can change a lot in the spring. And with only 13 scholarships, turnover can have a much bigger impact.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Rachel Nichols should learn how to pronounce "Azzi." By a year from now, the whole world will know how to pronounce it.

Congrats to all, including to A.J. Griffin, Aubrey's younger brother. He's explosive! On his way to Duke.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Rachel Nichols should learn how to pronounce "Azzi." By a year from now, the whole world will know how to pronounce it.

Congrats to all, including to A.J. Griffin, Aubrey's younger brother. He's explosive! On his way to Duke.

So glad you're not holding a grudge against AJ, @MilfordHusky. Although a lot younger than you, I know AJ got to sit with the adults while you were banished to the kids table at the Fudd Thanksgiving last year.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score

Why Coach Andy has had almost 3 years to learn how to pronounce Nelson-Ododa and he still hasn't come close.

Reaction Score
Saylor is not eligible, as stated by others. She would have been if she had not early enrolled (I'm guessing.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom