FSU to B12... | The Boneyard

FSU to B12...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV: ESPN Austin says FSU is imminent to the Big 12.

Can't listen to this at work so I'll take his word.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't see anything on ESPN. If true, who is the ACC looking at to take their slot? Quinnipiac?

Reaction Score
We know this is false, because if true, FSU would've just as easily advocated for CT School of Broadcasting as Louisville.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RoderickSpode

7th Earl of Sidcup
Reaction Score
I've already accepted that Cincinnati and South Florida will rescued from the NNNBE before us.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why anyone cares at this point. if anything happens to any team in the ACC at this point it's a free for all. the B12 has 6 spots to fill the SEC has 2 and the B1G has 2 thats 10 teams from the ACC . just where is it you guys want to go to? at that point the New Big East is superior to whats left of the ACC. The only thing we have to hope for is a 20 team B1G which has been discussed. Thats it. thats our only hope. Short of that we are staying in the New Big East or joining the MAC for football if the west teams decide not to come over.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
No frikkin way... the ACC minus 4-6 or however many teams is still better for UConn than Tulane / ECU / Temple / UCF / SMU / Mid-Tennessee State / Southern Miss / Western Kentucky which is what we're going to get stuck with.

Reaction Score
If the B12 is smart, they stop after taking 2.

The B12 is better off strategically if the ACC stays intact and there are 5 big conferences. Destroying the ACC leads the other 2 conferences to go to 16, and the next step is a Pac12 raid of the B12.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure why anyone cares at this point. if anything happens to any team in the ACC at this point it's a free for all. the B12 has 6 spots to fill the SEC has 2 and the B1G has 2 thats 10 teams from the ACC . just where is it you guys want to go to? at that point the New Big East is superior to whats left of the ACC. The only thing we have to hope for is a 20 team B1G which has been discussed. Thats it. thats our only hope. Short of that we are staying in the New Big East or joining the MAC for football if the west teams decide not to come over.

If we don't land in one of the other Big 4 our only options are a merger of the remnants of the BE-ACC or the MAC. Lets face it the SEC and PAC are out and the B12 a geographical long shot. So that leaves the 4 slots open in the B10 or the above scenario. We need to face reality, its high likely we end up in the NACC/NNNBE. Our best hope is for 18 team conferences.

Reaction Score
@theDudeofWV: ESPN Austin says FSU is imminent to the Big 12.

Can't listen to this at work so I'll take his word.

Is it last Spring already? I've heard this tune before from this very singer.

Reaction Score
If the B12 is smart, they stop after taking 2.

The B12 is better off strategically if the ACC stays intact and there are 5 big conferences. Destroying the ACC leads the other 2 conferences to go to 16, and the next step is a Pac12 raid of the B12.

That's a great point, and the really puzzling part of the 4/64 idea. If there are 4 16 team super conferences, the PAC's going to be one of them. But can that really happen without the PAC poaching from the B12? And if the B12 starts an avalanche that destroys the ACC but then get poached itself...well, what in the world happens then?

Reaction Score
That's a great point, and the really puzzling part of the 4/64 idea. If there are 4 16 team super conferences, the PAC's going to be one of them. But can that really happen without the PAC poaching from the B12? And if the B12 starts an avalanche that destroys the ACC but then get poached itself...well, what in the world happens then?
From there it goes to 3 20 team leagues.

Reaction Score
It is going to be very, very difficult to poach a school from a GOR league.

Once realignment ends, the GOR leagues will likely prove to be extremely stable.

Reaction Score
It is going to be very, very difficult to poach a school from a GOR league.

Once realignment ends, the GOR leagues will likely prove to be extremely stable.

Yes. They've been in existence for a matter of weeks. It's like the British Empire.

Reaction Score
The B1G's had a GOR for many, many years.

The B12 has had a GOR only for the last year, true. The PAC instituted a GOR in the last year or so also.

The B12 is so pleased with its GOR that it has already extended it from 5 years to 13 years. Bowlsby has said in the last couple of days that he wants the GOR extended out every 5 years or so in order to keep it at least 8 years out.

The GOR appears to have worked an overnight wonder for the B12. They've gone from prey to predator in one year.

The ACC, without a GOR, is now the unstable conference instead of the B12.

Coincidence? Personally I don't think so. But we'll see. Rumor is the B1G is interested in Kansas (don't ask me why). Bet nothing comes of it. Because of the GOR.

The data is raw and insufficient, I agree, but if you ask the B12 about the GOR, they swear by it.

Reaction Score
Yeah. Legal manuevering. Or Texas finding out that no one else would let them have their own network and not share proceeds.

Tomato, tomatoe

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Even if just the old Big East teams are left in the ACC, the ACC is superior to the NNBE. That should be obvious. Right now, even minus FSU, it's not even close.

Reaction Score
They are not going to be. SU will be B1G. Pitt will too or big 12. Big 12 Has to add 6 to get to 16. If the move really is to 16 how on earth is anything left with the Acc losing 10. Because there is nowhere to take anything from.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

4/16 will never happen. It will need to be 5/16. Leaving schools on the sidelines, especially state univeristies, will increase the chance of legal or Congressional action. 64 teams will not be enough.

The Big 12 is in no hurry to get to 16, and can expand westward easily. It doesn't need to poach from the ACC. New Mexico and Nevada, playing in a major league, will be able to recruit better and will have much more money to invest in facilities etc. I've said it over and over, and I think Texas wants it, the Big 12 is or will be the Southwest conference again.

Reaction Score
They are not going to be. SU will be B1G. Pitt will too or big 12. Big 12 Has to add 6 to get to 16. If the move really is to 16 how on earth is anything left with the Acc losing 10. Because there is nowhere to take anything from.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

I'm not feeling SU or Pitt to B1G, they don't fit the model.

Reaction Score

Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights. Grant of Rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom