FS1 coverage of Big East Womens Tournament | Page 2 | The Boneyard

FS1 coverage of Big East Womens Tournament

Reaction Score
With all that being said I was glad to see they showed the players celebrating the championship. This is a close knit team that's going to be hard to beat in the tournament.
Yes, when they could have been showing some men's division II championship celebration from yesterday. Surprised they didn't!

Reaction Score
Agree on all fronts but if this game was close and timeouts were needed, which would have stretched the game to the top of the hour, we would have seen none of that celebration.
Your right there. Thankfully there wasn't a whiff of overtime.

Reaction Score
It would be nice it they actually noticed and told us when substitutions were made. I thought it was funny when they started talking about a player and then discovered she wasn’t really on the floor anymore!

Reaction Score
Write an email to Fox Sports. I did. They need to know people care about women basketball!!

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
FS1 doesn't need to show Paige sitting on the sideline for over 1 minute on at least a 1/3 of the screen while the game in being played. They have done it for two games in a row. No need for it. Just show the game and have the announcers call the game without the needless babbling they did so well.
I believe that is Geno's fault for them showing Paige being on the bench. After the St John's game Geno stated that Paige is in UConn's TOP 3 when it comes to complaining about playing time when she is on the bench. They stated early in game 2 about what he said and showed her when she came out to see if she was complaining, same in game 3.

MooseJaw

Bullmoose#1
Reaction Score
Gee I remember when I struggled to even find regular season games on TV. I am thrilled that I was able to see every game this season. Yes the woman's game is playing catch up compared to the men's game coverage, I get it, however progress is being made and it will continue to get better. Could things have been covered differently last night, of course, but with everyone dissing one or another factor it stands to reason that no matter what the coverage was some people would never be satisfied.
I enjoyed watching last night, I thought the announcers were way better than average and very complimentary of our young ladies our coaching staff and the team we love. I recorded the game and will watch it again and I will enjoy it again.

Reaction Score
Gee I remember when I struggled to even find regular season games on TV. I am thrilled that I was able to see every game this season. Yes the woman's game is playing catch up compared to the men's game coverage, I get it, however progress is being made and it will continue to get better. Could things have been covered differently last night, of course, but with everyone dissing one or another factor it stands to reason that no matter what the coverage was some people would never be satisfied.
I enjoyed watching last night, I thought the announcers were way better than average and very complimentary of our young ladies our coaching staff and the team we love. I recorded the game and will watch it again and I will enjoy it again.
Plus, ESPN is showing every NCAA tournament game this year in it's entirety, using 4 of their channels (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ABC) - no whiparound!! Of course, since some of these games will be on at the same time, you'll have to whip yourself around to see all of them. But you have a choice to watch any whole early-round game you want.

Reaction Score
The announcers at times were spot on, at times waaay too chatty. How many times will they trot out the story of Aaliyah's brother in the middle of actual action on the court? Half time? I took the dogs for a walk and learned more about the game doing that than I would have if I were glued to the set.
Camera angles were not wonderful and we had a lot of technical problems (that may be because of our particular setup -- jury's out on that one). In all, I would prefer ESPN, which has demonstrated it values WCBB.

Reaction Score
Absolutely people should make their voices heard if they are displeased with the coverage.

2 comments:
There’s a critical mass issue. Fox’s only women’s games are the Big East so they don’t have reason to invest in getting a women’s studio analyst. So you’re left with men’s analysts.

Last night was Fox’s last women’s game until December. It makes sense that they are going to spend time hyping their upcoming coverage, which by default is men’s.

Reaction Score
I thought FS1's coverage was just fine. For me it's all about watching the game so I don't need announcers to tell me what is happening because I'm watching the game with my own eyes

Reaction Score
FS1 is tedious, sexist and gabby (not williams). But, at least, I get the games unlike SNY

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I enjoyed the games for the most part. I thought the announcers were knowledgeable and kept us abreast of the goings-on in the game.

One thing I HATED. The camera angle. they would spend about a minute or 2 with a camera down at the floor level instead of the usual view from above so you can see the whole court. It almost gave me a headache - it was like watching a movie from the front row. I HATED IT. So much so that i sent them an email telling them how much I hated it.

I don't mind a close up view when someone is shooting free throws, but that floor view camera work - HORRIBLE...

Reaction Score
I enjoyed the games for the most part. I thought the announcers were knowledgeable and kept us abreast of the goings-on in the game.

One thing I HATED. The camera angle. they would spend about a minute or 2 with a camera down at the floor level instead of the usual view from above so you can see the whole court. It almost gave me a headache - it was like watching a movie from the front row. I HATED IT. So much so that i sent them an email telling them how much I hated it.

I don't mind a close up view when someone is shooting free throws, but that floor view camera work - HORRIBLE...
Let us know when you receive a reply from fox Sports. I a awaiting my reply.

Reaction Score
Let us know when you receive a reply from fox Sports. I a awaiting my reply.
I'm still waiting for my reply to the complaint I made about the half-time show being all about 'something else'. Do they think a football fan would like to hear about a horse race at half-time?

Reaction Score
Yea, the ignore button is back up so I can expunge this thread.
@eebmg would it not be more appropriate to to expunge the thread before joining in on it? Just saying... :D
I mean being fair and balanced and all. ;)

Reaction Score
For the most part I had no issues with the announcers (I did catch it when they called CW by the wrong name but quickly corrected the mistake). The halftime studio was inexcusable, terrible (even if you wanted to hear about the men). I was not fond of the floor level camera angle either but it is what it is. I did not expect the great coverage of the celebration and especially of the Paige interview where the team doused her. The announcers got caught up in the celebration. I bet Fox learned a couple things from this years broadcast. 1 UConn changes things, 2 UConn viewers are much more knowledgeable than last years viewers for the most part, 3 UConn fans will tell you when you screw up! It might be harder for SNY to get games next year as UConn games pay the freight for the Big East now.

Reaction Score
For the most part I had no issues with the announcers (I did catch it when they called CW by the wrong name but quickly corrected the mistake). The halftime studio was inexcusable, terrible (even if you wanted to hear about the men). I was not fond of the floor level camera angle either but it is what it is. I did not expect the great coverage of the celebration and especially of the Paige interview where the team doused her. The announcers got caught up in the celebration. I bet Fox learned a couple things from this years broadcast. 1 UConn changes things, 2 UConn viewers are much more knowledgeable than last years viewers for the most part, 3 UConn fans will tell you when you screw up! It might be harder for SNY to get games next year as UConn games pay the freight for the Big East now.
1. I don't know of any fans that would want to 'hear' something other than the game being broadcast, at halftime. If you were watching a divisional football game and instead of recapping it at halftime, they showed horse racing, what would you do? Turn the channel of course. Its a no-brainer. That's why WE, as fans need to express our 'displeasure in a letter to them. Maybe if enough complain, they'll get the message. 2. I hope not. SNY is the ONLY network that gives us "pre", "halftime" and "post" shows! Not to mention airing the game again, either later on the same day or the next day! I guess SNY doesn't need the money like Fox or ESPN! :rolleyes: Here's their site in case someone else cares to voice their opinion:
Contact Us | FOX Sports Supports

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom