FS half time uconn game | The Boneyard

FS half time uconn game

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
The Fox Sports half-time studio shows don't talk about the women's game you're watching. They only talk about the men's games. :mad:

Reaction Score
I thought it was disgusting. Yes it is good Fox is showing women's games finally. But until they learn what is involved with that no one will ever want a women's game on their network. Half time of a women's game, especially a tournament game, should talk about what the women are doing. The viewers who are watching that game care about those things NOT what Fox is trying to feed them. It wasn't even good men's analysis.

Reaction Score
Aside from the weird camera angles, FS1 leaves a lot to be desired for its women's basketball broadcasting. At halftime there was NO discussion of the first half of the game. With all the fine display of UCONN basketball, it would have been a great opportunity to discuss the nuances that gave the Huskies a 32 point lead, but they punted. Just horrible!!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
The Big East Men's Tournament is Big for Fox and FS1, so its understandable they want to Hype it. They're competing against ESPN for the Basketball Audience.

Papa33

Poster Emeritus
Reaction Score
I know it must be tiresome to hear over and over how most game announcers rattle and prattle on about everything EXCEPT the game we (and supposedly they) are watching. But my cup boileth over! Today I turned off the sound and the distractions of their narratives about retired coaches, families, etc. They were even more annoying than most of the self-absorbed "pros" who are occasionally more focused on the game. I stopped counting today just how many times they neglected information about who committed fouls, how many fouls each player accumulated, what the foul was, etc. Never mind any real insights into or analysis of the team strategies,

Do they not understand that for team supporters and basketball fans the entertainment is THE GAME, not their stories and biographies? Why in the world did such blatherers become announcers? Why do they not respect the game, the competition, the players and coaches who dedicate substantial slices of their lives to the game enough to allow the game to dominate the broadcasts? (Instead of their insipid and mostly irrelevant observations.)

Yes, I know it is just a game, but it still deserves more attention than they seem willing to give.

bschwartz

Popular Im-Poster
Reaction Score
On the free TuneIn app, you can listen to the local radio call where they do the full pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. That is what I do.

Reaction Score
Yes, i use TuneIn also. Not having TV access, i like the radio: the announcers are good, there's no "blather", and i'm learning to visualize what the players are doing as the game is being called. (It's pleasant exercise for my 74 year-old brain.) Of course i'm addicted to watching the game the next day when a link is posted! ?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
On the free TuneIn app, you can listen to the local radio call where they do the full pre-game, halftime and post-game shows. That is what I do.
I do that also but I go one small step further. The Tunein app is usually about 15 seconds ahead of the TV for me so I use my DVR to delay the TV 15 seconds and synch them up and watch the TV with the TV audio off and listen to the radio descriptions of the game. Perfect!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom