Fort the ead!
- Aug 26, 2011
- Raferty may have spent too much time at the tavern before the game. He seemed to think Adama is a gas station. Kept calling him Sunoco.
- The announcers didn't waste too much time getting in their mandatory praise the refs roll, agreeing with each other that this was a good and experienced officiating crew. Experienced yes. But they are pretty much all balloon knots.
- 12:40! Bouk removes all doubt that he is, indeed, BACK.
- 5:09 horrible call on Andre. clean block at the hoop. Should've been a highlight reel play, not a foul. And you wonder why I think all the refs are balloon knots.
- I did not like the play Hurley drew up for the end of the half at all. the identical set with a last second pass from the inside to whichever wing opened up when the defense collapsed on him, would have would have been much better. Admittedly, it was Polley who was wide open, while Martin's defender hedged a bit, and Polley wasn't shooting like Martin, but if you're not going to use him, why have him out there.
- First minute of the 2nd half, Whaley made a clean and perfect pokeaway. They called a foul on him. balloon knots.
- Was Whaley amped, or what? OK, the rim hang was pretty dumb, but it did illustrate his enthusiasm. The pushups were pretty cool though.
- Akok only got a minute after playing well last game. did he hurt himself?
- Everybody played happy and excited tonight. Josh came in and gave us maybe his best 10 minutes since his double double against DePaul before New Years. 7 & 7, plus a couple blocks in 10 minutes!
- Martin played great, RC had another superb outing, Jalen's confidence seems to be increasing with each game. I couldn't believe that Andre only took one shot.
- Won every column in the box score except FT% and TOs.