Frustrated Fans | The Boneyard

Frustrated Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With all the built-up frustration with CL&P I think the fans turn quickly on HCPP and McEntee tomorrow if the first couple drives don't lead to anything. I can already hear the chants now "We Want Scotty, We Want Scotty!!".

Reaction Score
With all the built-up frustration with CL&P I think the fans turn quickly on HCPP and McEntee tomorrow if the first couple drives don't lead to anything. I can already hear the chants now "We Want Scotty, We Want Scotty!!".
Let's hope it doesn't have to come to that. I wasn't for PP's hire, and I wasn't thrilled to have our starting QB be a walk on. But, that's what we're stuck with, at least with the HC.
For McEntee's sake, let's hope PP makes his starting QB decision during the week, instead of during the game. Nobody likes ugly sceenes from the fans. Especially if there are recruits there.
Regarding our HC, he's going to be here until 2013. Hopefully he's good enough to be here for 10 more years after that. I doubt it, but hope for the best.

Reaction Score
I'm not willing to give up on PP like some other posters already have. I'm just predicting that the boo-birds might be out early tomorrow. I won't be one of them but I can easily see that happening.

Reaction Score
I think the boo-birds have been out for several weeks already.

Reaction Score
Maybe J Mac hasn't lived up to our expectations. But sometimes the way "walkon" is tossed around it rightfully or wrongfully in my mind belittles J Mac. Going way out on a limb, it makes me think he's viewed as a preconceived "0" because he didn't have a scholarship.

Maybe the coaches feel he is the best for the position right now. But one thing is for sure, the kid is playing his heart out as much as those athletes with full scholarships. He has some talent,......you wouldn't want to see me as a QB.
Maybe not as much as we see on other teams.

But he is UConns starting QB, scholarship or not. So hopefully fans treat him with respect during the games...... and not boo him or call out for other players. All our student athletes are amatures.....not pro's.We can always blast the coaches in forums......they get paid to make play making decisions.

Reaction Score
Maybe J Mac hasn't lived up to our expectations. But sometimes the way "walkon" is tossed around it rightfully or wrongfully in my mind belittles J Mac. Going way out on a limb, it makes me think he's viewed as a preconceived "0" because he didn't have a scholarship.

Maybe the coaches feel he is the best for the position right now. But one thing is for sure, the kid is playing his heart out as much as those athletes with full scholarships. He has some talent,......you wouldn't want to see me as a QB.
Maybe not as much as we see on other teams.

But he is UConns starting QB, scholarship or not. So hopefully fans treat him with respect during the games...... and not boo him or call out for other players. All our student athletes are amatures.....not pro's.We can always blast the coaches in forums......they get paid to make play making decisions.
I actually think a lot of people ahd awfully high expectations for a kid who was way down on the depth chart last year, walkon or not. It seemed to be based on 2 things, a viral youtube video and some unattributed comment that he was better than the starter last year. I don't deny the kid plays hard. He just isn't that talented. He is what he is.

U

UConn9604

This is an OT-story, but I've booed UConn just once in my life and I truly regret it. In a game against UMass at the Civic Center in the 2002-03 season, we scored just nine points at halftime. The boo birds came out, and Calhoun turned to the crowd and waved his arms, as if to say, "give me more, give me more."

Sensing that this was intended to be a Norman Dale-type teaching moment from our Norman Dale-type coach, I obliged for a minute or two. Then, we came back and scored 50 points in the second half and blew them out of the gym, but the next day, the Courant reported that Calhoun was downright furious at the crowd for booing his team -- he was mocking US, not them -- and I felt awful for having gone along with it.

The moral of the story? True fans should never, ever boo UConn. They're working their hardest for my school, and for my team, and they deserve our respect.

Reaction Score
This is an OT-story, but I've booed UConn just once in my life and I truly regret it. In a game against UMass at the Civic Center in the 2002-03 season, we scored just nine points at halftime. The boo birds came out, and Calhoun turned to the crowd and waved his arms, as if to say, "give me more, give me more."

Sensing that this was intended to be a Norman Dale-type teaching moment from our Norman Dale-type coach, I obliged for a minute or two. Then, we came back and scored 50 points in the second half and blew them out of the gym, but the next day, the Courant reported that Calhoun was downright furious at the crowd for booing his team -- he was mocking US, not them -- and I felt awful for having gone along with it.

The moral of the story? True fans should never, ever boo UConn. They're working their hardest for my school, and for my team, and they deserve our respect.

Totally agree. I remember that game with Calhoun. As hard as it was to tell what JC wanted with his arms waving it's equally hard to distinguish what fans are booing some times. They could be booing refs, players, coaches, other fans etc... I'm with you on never booing college players though. Coaches and refs on the other hand....

Reaction Score
We really should use another QB. McEntee doesn't have the swagger.

Reaction Score
I would hate to see J Mac booed. He's doing the best he can and does it for the love of the game.
As for PP, he deserves more than a stadium full of boos. Can't stand this dottering dolt. I hope they will be shopping for a competent HC at the end of this season.

Reaction Score
Totally agree. I remember that game with Calhoun. As hard as it was to tell what JC wanted with his arms waving it's equally hard to distinguish what fans are booing some times. They could be booing refs, players, coaches, other fans etc... I'm with you on never booing college players though. Coaches and refs on the other hand....

Two words about the second half -- Rashad and Anderson

Reaction Score

sounds like you are trying to influence the boneyard into doing this

Reaction Score
sounds like you are trying to influence the boneyard into doing this
Yes. That's what I'm trying to do because I have so much influence here. If this works I'll move on to getting everyone into the stadium prior to kickoff, staying until it's over and no more stupid waves during close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom