Frozen Fenway - 1/14/17 vs Maine (Alert - Time change) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Frozen Fenway - 1/14/17 vs Maine (Alert - Time change)

Reaction Score
No..I was at that game and watched the game today on tv...that game at Barclay's against ND was worse.
I was there, first mistake was my friend bought $50 seats only for us to go and be told we could basically sit wherever we wanted cause no one was at the game, uconn got absolutely wrecked, highlight was seeing Maggie gylenhaal and her family at the hot dog spot nearby

Reaction Score
If UConn wants its fans to travel to Boston and NYC for games their teams better start playing better in these neutral site games. Football sucked at Yankee Stadium vs Army. Now this pitiful performance in Fenway. Doubt the football team does any better next year there vs BC.

Seems to me that men's and women's basketball, the UConn team's that play in New York City, do pretty well there. Men's basketball may be having an off season, but they did beat Syracuse at MSG last time out.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Two Saturdays in a row this team has laid an egg
This team has too much talent to play such uninspired hockey
Losing to Yale at "home" and Maine today - not good for the team and the season
Cav better figure this out

Reaction Score
Save the football predictions for the football site
BTW - you will be proven wrong - again
We do not need thought police on this board. If he wants to draw a parallel with FB there is no harm in that. Save the snark for someplace else.

Reaction Score
While it's a horrible loss to a horrible team, it's worth it to temper the anger at Cav and the players since the ice conditions at Fenway are horrendous and that will nearly always favor the underdog. That's certainly not a complete excuse for why UConn lost, but it's also difficult to call any game on Fenway ice representative of a true matchup between two teams. The glass they used were not properly installed without seams, the boards were giving off weird bounces galore, and the shadows made it stupidly hard to follow the play. I caught the end of the first and all of the second period on TV and UConn didn't look horrendous, but it was clear the ice conditions favored Maine.

Reaction Score
Just posting for sharing thoughts and personal journey. The true "Fenways" of college hockey: Matthews Arena, Sage Rink (Hamilton College) and Hobey Baker Rink. All built before 1925, if I am correct. Three oldest intended college rinks by far. Yost was built for basketball. Went to Sage over the past weekend, then #5 Hamilton hosting and losing to Tufts, 3-1. Obstructed view galore. Been to Matthews for a women's game and want to go again. Hobey Baker is what's left for me. Would like to go to Yost, too, but that is a distance. Would definitely go to Sage again for the right game on the right day.

Then went to #2 Harvard @ #10 Union immediately afterwards to make the driving more manageable. 4 hours each way for Sage Rink for me but worth it. Would love to go again. Hamilton and it's peer schools have very nice campuses. I'd recommend NESCAC games if anyone wants to try D3.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Just posting for sharing thoughts and personal journey. The true "Fenways" of college hockey: Matthews Arena, Sage Rink (Hamilton College) and Hobey Baker Rink. All built before 1925, if I am correct. Three oldest intended college rinks by far. Yost was built for basketball. Went to Sage over the past weekend, then #5 Hamilton hosting and losing to Tufts, 3-1. Obstructed view galore. Been to Matthews for a women's game and want to go again. Hobey Baker is what's left for me. Would like to go to Yost, too, but that is a distance. Would definitely go to Sage again for the right game on the right day.

Then went to #2 Harvard @ #10 Union immediately afterwards to make the driving more manageable. 4 hours each way for Sage Rink for me but worth it. Would love to go again. Hamilton and it's peer schools have very nice campuses. I'd recommend NESCAC games if anyone wants to try D3.

I'm lucky enough to have played many games at Baker - it's a great rink.

Reaction Score
I was at Fenway Saturday and while it was far from ideal and the outcome was very disappointing I have to say I really enjoyed it as an event. I think once is probably enough but I'm glad I went. It didn't hurt that my daughter who lives in Columbus was in Boston on business and joined me at the game.

Reaction Score
Butch
I often go to Wesleyan which is decent for seeing a game. Bowdowins new arena is great. I have a soft spot for Colby. It is a real old fashioned barn where you practically have to skate around the fans they are so close to the ice. Go there for the Bowdoin game some time. I've also been to Trinity and Conn College but don't care much for either one.

Reaction Score
Dayton Arena (CC) is pretty cool when it comes to anything off the ground (roof) but the floor area is poorly utilized.

Reaction Score
Wesleyan is like the Hart Center. Seating only on one side. The Hart was incredibly loud for the first MAAC tournament though.

Reaction Score
The Hart Center is ugly. Big difference. Benches are better situated, though; being very close to the ice. The memorabilia display out in the lobby by Spurrier is neat as heck. At least Wesleyan beat Michigan in football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom