Frontcourt Strength | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Frontcourt Strength

Reaction Score
SCar also has a Senior transfer center 6'5" Sakima Walker plus 2 other players at 6'3".
And in addition to Betts, UCLA has 4 other players at 6'4".

I'd expect these other teams will be rotating their bigs & Geno has said that he expects to be rotating more players this year too.
I thank that Geno will too because of the bad experience with a short bench last year, & Geno saying that he wants more efficiency from all of the players when they're on the court.
Playing Amarri won't be gift if it's part of his strategy to win big games while keeping players fresh & out of foul trouble.
We'll see how it all works out when they play the games.
IMo he said he is going to playing the bench more because he expects more blowouts, and maybe early he is cautious with Paige and Azzi and Caroline due to past history. If these players are healthy, I'll take our supeiror guard play vs the other team's hieght. And he will be cautious with Ayanna and Amari ealry as well due to their surgeries. I believe he eluded/implied that early on they might not be 100%.

We'll see how it goes as you say. .

Reaction Score
IMo he said he is going to playing the bench more because he expects more blowouts, and maybe early he is cautious with Paige and Azzi and Caroline due to past history. If these players are healthy, I'll take our supeiror guard play vs the other team's hieght. And he will be cautious with Ayanna and Amari ealry as well due to their surgeries. I believe he eluded/implied that early on they might not be 100%.

We'll see how it goes as you say. .

There may be a difference between practices and games but Geno will not put a player on the court in a game until they perform consistently well in practice.
This season, in order for Geno to make all the UConn fans with favorite players happy, the NCAA would have to expand games to 60+ minutes.

Reaction Score
There’s a lot to like about UConn’s stable of frontcourt players. But I can’t help lamenting the loss of Jana for this coming season. At a minimum, she would have been part of the regular rotation, with an outside chance of being UConn’s starting center by Tournament time. Her skill set is similar to Stewie’s.

Oh well, let’s hope Jana comes back with a vengeance next season. In the meantime, you have to play the cards you’ve been dealt, and UConn has a pretty good hand to play this season.
Paige in or out, of a few games, isn't, with this much talent, as needed as in recent years. I do agree Jana--could be IMPORTANT come the final 6 games. I have an emotional hope Ameri #42, has seen the crack in her ceiling, i.e. can give moments as a real POST as opposed to where she is comfortable.
The big thing (no pun intended) is that Uconn has TALENT in every other position than Post. For 7 out of 10 teams they shall meet without Jana or Ameri playing to her capabilities neither shall be missed--but the ones you need to win will require a clone of Tina or very close.

Reaction Score
Any frontcourt would look weak compared to our backcourt. Even without Jana, I believe we will be fine, very fine in the frontcourt.
We have seen in these past 3 if not 4 years that there are 3 ways of winning 1. putting more ball in the hoop than the opponent. 2. Making sure your opponent doesn't put more in the basket. 3. Have a big, with talented guards, that can't be stopped.
Personally, I like a "big" that can do both scoring and stopping--If i had to choose it would be the latter, not the former, with the firepower on Uconn today.

Reaction Score
There may be a difference between practices and games but Geno will not put a player on the court in a game until they perform consistently well in practice.
Yup. And what he’s looking for in practice is 1. do players get to the right spots when they need to; 2. do they know how to bring the intensity, and 3. do they manage to score or stop others from scoring in a scrimmage.

He can’t run a single play without 1, but they can’t win without 2 or 3.

Reaction Score
I don't know how Amari will get more exerienced if she doesn't get to play much.
Practice just isn't the same as real game time.

What I like about Amari's height & finesse as a defender is that she doesn't need to move as much as a shorter player does to block shots or obstruct shots taken by another big.
In that respect it's good that Amari isn't overly aggressive because she won't tend to foul as much.
She also has a really big wing span & long arms. She only needs to put her hands up & be on her toes whereas the shorter defended needs to leap & then come back straight down to the floor to not foul.
And then because of her long legs she can cover a lot of ground with a single step on both offense & defense.
Plus Amari can be a good shooter too.
So Amari has pluses & minuses like every player does.

I figure that Geno will be damned if he does & damned if he doesn't play her depending on the final score of big games.
But I do expect Amari to average 5-10 meaningful minutes because I expect Geno to be platooning more players this year & her specialization seems to be needed.
Plus she offers some passing ability from the high post & in traffic that Paige may be able to coax the best out of her.
Paige has a way of elevating the level of play of those around her.
The chemistry connection between Paige & other players shouldn't be discounted because Amari was never really able to play with Paige before.
Maybe Geno has taught Amari few new plays that we don't know about yet.
I can't help but think that Geno will be giving her more opportunity because he needs to incorporate her into the offense to be more effective for the team.
It would be a waste of a needed weapon if he doesn't so I'm betting that he will.
Amari needs to rise to the expections of being a Junior, & I think that she has a do or die attitude.
We saw glimpses of it last year that she can have an edge like when she got clocked in the jaw.
We saw Amari block a shot by palming the ball while in the player's hands & the player bent over backwards almost to the floor.
She's a powerful women,don;t let her slender muscles fool your.
She has those slender explosive muscles that Paige has.
Geno has been very clear on this issue - players force him to play them by their effort and understanding in practice. There is your answer.

Reaction Score
This season, in order for Geno to make all the UConn fans with favorite players happy, the NCAA would have to expand games to 60+ minutes.
I think you are right that Geno won't play someone who has not performed well in practice, at least for important minutes in a contested game, but he will of course for mop up minutes at the end of a blowout, and for sure we would need 60 minutes a game to keep all the fans satisfied that their favorites were getting enough minutes.

Like hoophuskee I think some of Geno's expectations for expanded roster use is because of more blowouts, but I also think he intends to go further down his bench in the big games too.

Sometimes I think fans think well this player has to play, and that one has to play, and they don't actually do the math, because that probably means you have to leave out someone you want to give minutes to. We have 14 players, which is a lot, but of course lost Jana for the season, so 13 available.

Geno has shown if he is not happy with his bench options he can stick with a 7 player rotation. Now this year he should have many more quality and hopefully healthy options, so I consider 9 to be my minimum expectation, I am hoping for 10, and would be thrilled if 11 earned his trust and forced him to play them, but I think that many is unlikely.

For me the first 7 names are easy, Paige, Azzi, Aaliyah, Nika, Aubrey, Caroline, and Ice. My best guess is KK and Ayanna are the next two. KK may be too good not to play, despite our loaded PG options, and I suspect Geno wants to use her in some pressing defenses. In Ayanna's case her first year was disappointing, but she played injured, and we need another big in the rotation. At this point if it comes down to Ayanna or Amari, I think Ayanna has the edge.

That's 9 and that could be it. If so Amari, Q, Ashlynn and Ines are DNP coaches decision in games against top teams. If he does go to 10 or even 11, I think Amari has the next best chance, partly because she is the only big time shot blocker with height. Q might fulfill a 3 and D type role at the 3 and could be next up with a injury to any of our perimeter players.

It is a little hard for me to see a regular role for Ashlynn or Ines against ranked opponents, but I see them performing well when given a chance in blowouts of which there should be many. We pretty much know we are loaded at positions 1-3, and even at the 4 if you use Aubrey mostly there behind Aaliyah. The 5 has talented candidates in Ice and Amari, but both are coming off injuries and are unproven, and Ayanna will need to play important minutes at the 4 if Aaliyah has to play the 5 because Ice or Amari isn't ready or healthy.

In the backcourt all we need is health. At the 5 we need some players to live up to their potential which I fully expect from Ice and hope for regarding Amari.

Reaction Score
Geno has shown if he is not happy with his bench options he can stick with a 7 player rotation. Now this year he should have many more quality and hopefully healthy options, so I consider 9 to be my minimum expectation, I am hoping for 10, and would be thrilled if 11 earned his trust and forced him to play them, but I think that many is unlikely.
Can I ask "why? " You've seen a healthy Paige perform in Overtimes (and even multiple) wen healthy. If she is healthy why wouldn't you want to give her near all 40 minutes in a close game? If she is healthy and didn't show she was affected, why pull her for maybe other than 1 or 2 minutes? That's the NPOY. There is no bench player close to a NPOY type player. And the same goes for Azzi. She's a NPOY contender. Wy give her much of a rest? And the same goes for Edwards. She is a top 10 All-American contender.

I know a lot of people are just super nice and just want everyone to eat. But if you pull any of the above three tremendous players above in which two have played huge minutes but when they played showed that they did not wear down while playing terrific, -- why such fear?
If you are scared of Paige injury -- fine. Not my point. But if healthy, more than likely there is near zero-chance these 21 year-olds are going to wear down. There is going to be too many blowouts. So why not 7 or 8? Or max of 9 rather than up to 11?

Why take the ball out of your two NPOY contenders hands and your other top 10 A/A contender's hands when you don't have to? For example, you give Paige 37 minutes instead of 40 in that NCAA Tourney game and in those 3 minutes UCONN lost enough ground that she was out that cost UCONN the game. How is that fair to the team in that you've already witnessed Paige play over 40 vs elite teams and play at obscene levels. What caused the decision to pull her? Certainly not historical stats, right? So, the idea is to pull arguably the 3 top ten player’s in wcbb for minutes they could otherwise handle for an imaginary shot block or steal is okay? IMO it's not.

Reaction Score
For me the first 7 names are easy, Paige, Azzi, Aaliyah, Nika, Aubrey, Caroline, and Ice. My best guess is KK and Ayanna are the next two. KK may be too good not to play, despite our loaded PG options, and I suspect Geno wants to use her in some pressing defenses. In Ayanna's case her first year was disappointing, but she played injured, and we need another big in the rotation. At this point if it comes down to Ayanna or Amari, I think Ayanna has the edge.

That's 9 and that could be it. If so Amari, Q, Ashlynn and Ines are DNP coaches decision in games against top teams. If he does go to 10 or even 11, I think Amari has the next best chance, partly because she is the only big time shot blocker with height. Q might fulfill a 3 and D type role at the 3 and could be next up with a injury to any of our perimeter players.

It is a little hard for me to see a regular role for Ashlynn or Ines against ranked opponents, but I see them performing well when given a chance in blowouts of which there should be many. We pretty much know we are loaded at positions 1-3, and even at the 4 if you use Aubrey mostly there behind Aaliyah. The 5 has talented candidates in Ice and Amari, but both are coming off injuries and are unproven, and Ayanna will need to play important minutes at the 4 if Aaliyah has to play the 5 because Ice or Amari isn't ready or healthy.
Nice analysis. We used to. think 14 would be a good number, but this shows how difficult it is to fit 13 in any sort of extended rotation. Here's a few more observations.

1. Ashlynn may be hard to keep on the bench. She has a "go-to player" mentality. Reminds me of Kelly Faris. It's hard to pinpoint her particular virtue, other than being a total ball-hawk.

2. Ayanna will get on the the floor even against top teams because she knows the system now. Ice and Amari don't really, though this won't keep Ice out of the rotation long. I expect Ayanna will become a defensive star.

3. I hope we don't see Aubrey at the 4 much this season. She's too scary a defender on the perimeter, where she typically overwhelms smaller shooters, and she can still rebound effectively from the 3. I guess I'm thinking of her as a 3/4, meaning when Geno plays a 4-out set, Aubrey should be the 4.

4. You're right that Qadence and Inês will find minutes hard to come by against top teams. But they can definitely find their way off the bench when we press opponents. Qadence may well turn out to be a fine rebounder, in which case she should get more minutes.

Reaction Score
Geno will have to protect his recent-injured players in the regular season, so they'll be healthy when it counts in March. Its that simple. So, I expect a 10-man rotation in the regular season games, many of which will be blowouts anyway. In close games, I'm sure he'll work the minutes out so his "best 5" are there in the final 5 minutes of the game. Come March, I'm sure he'll narrow his bench to the top 7 or 8.

Reaction Score
Geno will have to protect his recent-injured players in the regular season, so they'll be healthy when it counts in March. Its that simple. So, I expect a 10-man rotation in the regular season games, many of which will be blowouts anyway. In close games, I'm sure he'll work the minutes out so his "best 5" are there in the final 5 minutes of the game. Come March, I'm sure he'll narrow his bench to the top 7 or 8.
Some fans express a point that regular season doesn't matter it's all about March. DO we really think Geno, and the Staff, and all the players, and how they talk about having the toughest schedule as a pride thing for a reason, and want to be on TV which also shows off to the H/S recruits but most importantly the nation and your family what UCONN "is," that big games vs the elite teams are big? - But he and everyone is okay to lose if he can prevent it?

To a small degree- certainly. But 10 players? Overall he is going to play his 10th player important minutes when he could have had his best player and/or the 5th and 6th and 7th player’s stretch a few more minutes- he is going to deny that just for the reason of "March?" There is a reason why the 5th, 6th,a n 7th players are that higher on the depth chart vs the 10th player. Because they are better. And at the same time when Geno goes into the locker-room and always demanding the best of his players-
he doesn't play Paige or Azzi or Caroline as much as he could have - and he is going to look them in the eye after a loss with knowledge that he did his best?

I doubt it - big time. I believe there was a comment made a time after one of the games Azzi's frosh year- the team was decimated by injuries and they lost- which was expected - and she said something like her and her teammates were balling in in the locker-room. She said they felt like they were the worst team in UCONN history. But these players have grown up through ranks of Grammar school and High School and come to the pinnacle of WCBB - play on Nat'l TV - so excited -knowing nothing but winning a ton and they came to UCONN to do the same - and the entire team is going to be happy and the coaching staff proud that at least they stayed close and the game was close????

Once these players are deemed "healthy," I highly doubt Geno is going to take the chance of sacrificing games just for March when in fact you can't guarantee fi fully healthy you'll even get to the Final Four in March with the way the tourney of one-and-done is set up. IMO the jaded UCONN fan that thinks title-or-nothing and is okay with losses- but I don’t; believe for a second coaches and players and university and all they've built to represent what is UCONN - won’t go all to win once determined certain players are healthy.

If you are a UCONN fan- and you love basketball especially UCONN WBB-- you don't; care if UCONN loses to South Carolina again? Or loses to Notre Dame again? I know the comment could be "not if . . ." But "what if . . ." the Doctors and the players all say Paige and Azzi and Carolien are 100% healthy? UCONN should trust the game to a 10th player instead of the? Let's not play Edwards and extra two minutes because Amari might block a shot?

sun

Reaction Score
To a small degree- certainly. But 10 players? Overall he is going to play his 10th player important minutes when he could have had his best player and/or the 5th and 6th and 7th player’s stretch a few more minutes- he is going to deny that just for the reason of "March?" There is a reason why the 5th, 6th,a n 7th players are that higher on the depth chart vs the 10th player. Because they are better. And at the same time when Geno goes into the locker-room and always demanding the best of his players-
he doesn't play Paige or Azzi or Caroline as much as he could have - and he is going to look them in the eye after a loss with knowledge that he did his best?
The schedule is set up to accomodate most all of the players getting some PT, especially the freshmen.
Dayton, Toronto, Ball State, Illinois, Minnesota are all going to be near blow outs.
Those games should allow for plenty of substitutions so the players can develop chemistry playing together in real games.
Geno basically said as much when he discussed how he wants to maximize team efficiency, i.e. - being more productive & contributing when in the game & not making mistakes that cost the team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The schedule is set up to accomodate most all of the players getting some PT, especially the freshmen.
Dayton, Toronto, Ball State, Illinois, Minnesota are all going to be near blow outs.
Those games should allow for plenty of substitutions so the players can develop chemistry playing together in real games.
Geno basically said as much when he discussed how he wants to maximize team efficiency, i.e. - being more productive & contributing when in the game & not making mistakes that cost the team.
Sure. I have said that all along. They do have opportunities. I said all along they get playing time/ they wil during blowouts (as well as practices.). During the blowouts if someone such as Amari isn't playing very well, which generally she hasn't (hopefully it was the injury cause), then why would you play her in games you could lose vs a quality opponent therby increasing your chance of losing?

Reaction Score
Sure. I have said that all along. They do have opportunities. I said all along they get playing time/ they wil during blowouts (as well as practices.). During the blowouts if someone such as Amari isn't playing very well, which generally she hasn't (hopefully it was the injury cause), then why would you play her in games you could lose vs a quality opponent therby increasing your chance of losing?
I agree. No matter what Auriemma says to the media about a loss possibly being a positive, he will never risk losing a game for anything other than a disciplinary problem or taking a kid out because of injury.

sun

Reaction Score
Because Geno recruited her for a reason & will decide when & how much she plays based on the circumstances, match ups & the needs of the team.
Geno doesn't have any other players with Amari's skillset because she's unique.
What will you do when Geno puts her in an important game, boo & throw things at the TV? :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Some fans express a point that regular season doesn't matter it's all about March. DO we really think Geno, and the Staff, and all the players, and how they talk about having the toughest schedule as a pride thing for a reason, and want to be on TV which also shows off to the H/S recruits but most importantly the nation and your family what UCONN "is," that big games vs the elite teams are big? - But he and everyone is okay to lose if he can prevent it?

I doubt it - big time. I believe there was a comment made a time after one of the games Azzi's frosh year- the team was decimated by injuries and they lost- which was expected - and she said something like her and her teammates were balling in in the locker-room. She said they felt like they were the worst team in UCONN history. But these players have grown up through ranks of Grammar school and High School and come to the pinnacle of WCBB - play on Nat'l TV - so excited -knowing nothing but winning a ton and they came to UCONN to do the same - and the entire team is going to be happy and the coaching staff proud that at least they stayed close and the game was close????

Once these players are deemed "healthy," I highly doubt Geno is going to take the chance of sacrificing games just for March when in fact you can't guarantee fi fully healthy you'll even get to the Final Four in March with the way the tourney of one-and-done is set up. IMO the jaded UCONN fan that thinks title-or-nothing and is okay with losses- but I don’t; believe for a second coaches and players and university and all they've built to represent what is UCONN - won’t go all to win once determined certain players are healthy.

If you are a UCONN fan- and you love basketball especially UCONN WBB-- you don't; care if UCONN loses to South Carolina again? Or loses to Notre Dame again? I know the comment could be "not if . . ." But "what if . . ." the Doctors and the players all say Paige and Azzi and Carolien are 100% healthy? UCONN should trust the game to a 10th player instead of the? Let's not play Edwards and extra two minutes because Amari might block a shot?
I believe the poster was referring to “blowouts”. I don’t believe anything was said or even intimated about taking losses for the sake of playing 10 players. If the team is up 30 after three, it’s difficult to see the harm in playing the bench for most, if not all, of the fourth quarter. Obviously, this would not mean playing someone who was not working hard in practice. I don’t think anyone wants to lose in order to get playing time for the end of the bench.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Because Geno recruited her for a reason & will decide when & how much she plays based on the circumstances, match ups & the needs of the team.
Geno doesn't have any other players with Amari's skillset because she's unique.
What will you do when Geno puts her in an important game, boo & throw things at the TV? :D
Besides of blocking some shots and some rebounding what is unique about Amari? She didn't know where to be more than half of the time when she was on the court. She hardly hustled compared to the other players that played ahead of her. Yes she is tall, but she still has to hustle all of the time while on the court and know where she is supposed to be and do when she is on the court.

If she does those things, then she will play more than she did the last two years, if she doesn't then she won't. Geno doesn't believe in participation trophy's or player's, you earn every minute of playing by doing the things that he requires you to do in practice.

sun

Reaction Score
Besides of blocking some shots and some rebounding what is unique about Amari?
She has hands large enough to palm the ball & can pass & maneuver it where she wants.
She can hold the ball over her head in traffic & no one should be able to grab it away.
She can easily catch, pass & get off a shot in traffic when no one else can.
She can dunk.
She can block & obstruct shots & protect the rim better than anyone else on the team.
She can probably win tip offs better than anyone else on the team.
She can cover the most ground in a single step which means she can react to defend or score quickly.
She has the tools to be a superior rebounder.
She can make some good shots.
No one else can replace Amari's height advantage.

Does she have some weaknesses?
Sure, just like everyone on the team has weaknesses, makes mistakes & can lose games.
But she's part of the team & Jana is injured.
So Amari will probably be needed to fill some sort of role unless she's in Geno's dog house. which I think those days are over.
Even if she were in the dog house, if Geno needs her talent then he will let her play.
UConn hasn't been able to win a NC without her playing.
I doubt that she could cause UConn to lose a NC.
If anything she should help UConn win a NC because UConn lacks another big as tall & as capable as Amari.

20221112035007_c1360e44-0c17-4cd6-a64a-0908b322311c-jpg.81556

Last edited:

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
She has hands large enough to palm the ball & can pass & maneuver it where she wants.
She can hold the ball over her head in traffic & no one should be able to grab it away.
She can easily catch, pass & get off a shot in traffic when no one else can.
She can dunk.
She can block & obstruct shots & protect the rim better than anyone else on the team.
She can probably win tip offs better than anyone else on the team.
She can cover the most ground in a single step which means she can react to defend or score quickly.
She has the tools to be a superior rebounder.
She can make some good shots.
No one else can replace Amari's height advantage.

Does she have some weaknesses?
Sure, just like everyone on the team has weaknesses, makes mistakes & can lose games.
But she's part of the team & Jana is injured.
So Amari will probably be needed to fill some sort of role unless she's in Geno's dog house. which I think those days are over.
Even if she were in the dog house, if Geno needs her talent then he will let her play.
UConn hasn't been able to win a NC without her playing.
I doubt that she could cause UConn to lose a NC.
If anything she should help UConn win a NC because UConn lacks another big as tall & as capable as Amari.

20221112035007_c1360e44-0c17-4cd6-a64a-0908b322311c-jpg.81556
She has yet to show that she can do any of that consistently for the last two years. I hope that she does turn it around like Kiah did her Junior year, but until she does that in practice she won't get the time on the floor. Like Geno has said over the years do it consistently in practice, then you get time on the floor.

Reaction Score
She has yet to show that she can do any of that consistently for the last two years. I hope that she does turn it around like Kiah did her Junior year, but until she does that in practice she won't get the time on the floor. Like Geno has said over the years do it consistently in practice, then you get time on the floor.
I agree with you 100%. And she will also have chances in blowouts. As far as her palming the ball it has nothing to do with performance. It's a made up characteristic that holds no value.

The point is - "the pro-claims for Amari" this early with things like "she could hit this shot . . .", or, - "or make this play . . ." are like saying "Wilt Chamberlain showed he could hit free throws." -- Well, sure he hit at 40%. But he wasn';t good at it. Just because Amari shows she can hti a shot does mean she will be good at hitting shots overall just as Wilt showed at teh FT line. Yu have to start to see efficency in order to see the pro-value of the claim regarding things like "Amari can hit shots." And just because she can block a shot doesn't mean that much. For example, some blocked shots go ight back to the offensive player adn whne they go right bakc up they get fouled. -- Or more importantly teh shot blocker treis to block the shot, misses and is now out of position to get the rebound which results in a layup.

The team with the most blocked shots and the teams that have the most players to palm a basketball is not the object of the game.

Reaction Score
I think that by time a player is a junior or senior the coach has a good sense of who they are and where they fit into program. Even with the injuries and a short bench Amari was the second option. This is who she is, not who we want her to be.

sun

Reaction Score
I agree with you 100%. And she will also have chances in blowouts. As far as her palming the ball it has nothing to do with performance. It's a made up characteristic that holds no value.

The point is - "the pro-claims for Amari" this early with things like "she could hit this shot . . .", or, - "or make this play . . ." are like saying "Wilt Chamberlain showed he could hit free throws." -- Well, sure he hit at 40%. But he wasn';t good at it. Just because Amari shows she can hti a shot does mean she will be good at hitting shots overall just as Wilt showed at teh FT line. Yu have to start to see efficency in order to see the pro-value of the claim regarding things like "Amari can hit shots." And just because she can block a shot doesn't mean that much. For example, some blocked shots go ight back to the offensive player adn whne they go right bakc up they get fouled. -- Or more importantly teh shot blocker treis to block the shot, misses and is now out of position to get the rebound which results in a layup.

The team with the most blocked shots and the teams that have the most players to palm a basketball is not the object of the game.
Says the person who thinks that by saying that KK will be fast tracked & will get PT is "infatuation with a new toy."
Do you also think that Geno is infatutated with KK being a new toy when he shows enthusism about KK's talent & energy too?
Of ourse you won't criticize Geno for displaying enthusisn for KK's level of talent.
Maybe you don't want to believe that KK would be competing with Nika for PT for some odd reason.
But because I said it 2-3 months before Geno did, you basically said that I and other fans are always getting infatuated with new toys.
Some people are ahead of the wave & others are behind it.
No one is right 100% of the time, but even a squirrel is sometimes able to find a nut it buried.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Says the person who thinks that by saying that KK will be fast tracked & will get PT is "infatuation with a new toy."
Do you also think that Geno is infatutated with KK being a new toy when he shows enthusism about KK's talent & energy too?
Of ourse you won't criticize Geno for displaying enthusisn for KK's level of talent.
Maybe you don't want to believe that KK would be competing with Nika for PT for some odd reason.
But because I said it 2-3 months before Geno did, you basically said that I and other fans are always getting infatuated with new toys.
Some people are ahead of the wave & others are behind it.
No one is right 100% of the time, but even a squirrel is sometimes able to find a nut it buried.
Our past posts?
First off, you think what Geno has said means he is going to replace Nika with KK? So, if Geno doesn't have KK replace Nika, how was my "new-toy-post," wrong? Because I'd like to hear the quote from Geno that said this?

Secondly, I have been in agreement with Geno's philosophy for these many years, you haven't, correct? So, what you know of Geno, - you really think what he is saying this early means he is going to change after all these years? LOL. Good luck to you and your curve. Because, for example, after all - you don't value 3pt shooting and Geno does, right? You don't value Defense nuch because you say anyone can learn it, but apparently Geno differs from your pov, right? Third, you don't think much of someone that is passing - either anyone can do it or you think Nika doesn't do much to write home about, - yet Geno did put Nika in as a starter in her frosh year moving Evina to Power Forward while keeping both Griffin and Edwards on the bench- so you and Geno probably not aligned with that either, right?

With all these differences in philosophy along with your wish for UCONN to play more size in which Geno has shown you over-and-over he won't necessarily do, you think after all this time he is changing? And add to that - he has Paige and Nika as pgs. He has Paige and Azzi as SGs. He has Caroline and Aubrey and Paige as small forwards. If you think in big games he is going to not play these player’s hefty minutes if he deems them fully healthy - then let's just say we don't agree.

IMO KK will play decent to good minutes beuccase of number 4 and wll get even more if 2 or 3 should arise. These have nothign to do with your imaginary curve. For number 1 in part I have always disagreed with your view of what you want a pg to be. Number 1 defines our differences again.

1--- KK shows she has a terrific outside shot (you want her to be more of a penetrator, correct? Go one-on-one and get in the lane more? We disagree with what we want from our pg for this team, correct?) But, for example if KK s going to shoot 40% from 3 - I'm on board. But you hate the 3, right? So who would be ahead of the curve in this scenario? I'm just doubting year 1 heroutside shot will fall but in no way do I rule it out. My argument is that I don't want KK taking away shots from Paige and Azzi for example,. (You know how much I like outside shooting, right? Has Geno indicated different?)- while others have ruled out Muhl complletely. Ruling out Muhl makes me behind the curve? WHere did you pick up that from Geno? Anyone that has ruled out Muhl (gettign less time than KK) is considered ahead of the curve?

2-- Nika's 3pt shot tanks for 34% to much worse. (You know how much I like 3pt shooting, right? You think Geno has changed on this too?

3--- If Caroline (and/or Azzi and/or Paige) is hurt then KK will be needed. Was that in our discussions of injuries? It is just logical with any injury to Paige, Azzi, Caroline or Nika-- ofc KK gets more minutes. Not sure about Aubrey. But I would assume so too. So what has changed with this?

4- More blowouts this year - so yes KK will get minutes. I never argued against this. I've said all along this team is going to blow out a lot of teams if healthy and that is when the bench will play.

You really think Geno has changed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom