From the ESPN recap | The Boneyard

From the ESPN recap

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
"I just couldn't get any lift," Boatright said. "I was a step slower on a lot of my moves and couldn't get off the ground like I wanted to. That's why I missed a lot of runners, layups and floaters that are normally cash money. But I tried to contribute in other ways."

"I'm going to go out with my leaders, from Shabazz (Napier) to Kemba (Walker) to Ryan," UConn coach Kevin Ollie said. "I just have so much trust in those guys `cause we've been through so much together, all the ups and downs. I'm going to go with my guns, and he's the biggest gun in my holster."

"This was definitely a great win for us," Purvis said. "We've been up and down, but hopefully we'll be able to build off this. It was a great stepping stone."

"No excuses. They were the better team," said Dorian Finney-Smith, who led Florida with 19 points. "They made more winning plays than we did."

"Very frustrating," Finney-Smith said. "Last year is over with, but just to think about it, I can't get a win on these guys."

Florida also went more than eight minutes without a field goal in the second half -- coinciding with UConn's 10-0 run that closed the gap.The Gators led for the majority of the game and were up 44-31 early in the second half. But UConn clamped down defensively and started making shots.Purvis delivered the key ones. His first 3-pointer made it a four-point game. His second gave the Huskies their first lead of the game. His third put UConn ahead for good.

there was also something about uconn holding florida to 37% or something like that in the second half while shooting in the upper 40s

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=400586767

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99