OT: - From the Enlightened State of Tennessee | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: From the Enlightened State of Tennessee

Reaction Score
Title IX the best law passed in my lifetime. There were NO sports opportunities for girls at my high school. NONE. Multiple state championships in football, boys basketball, and track. The cheerleaders had to buy their own uniforms and drive themselves to out of town football games if they wanted to cheer for the boys.

Reaction Score
There has to be equal # of girls to boys in HS and college. Football carries 40 to 85 players and no female sport carries that many so to meet the #'s requirement, Wrestling, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Boys Soccer, Boys Cross Country, Boys Gymnastics, are cut till the #'s even up! Reverse discrimination!
Football is an island to itself it should be thrown out of the mix and use the other sports to regulate Title 9! At one time 23 College Wrestling teams were closed out because of Title 9 violations!
Thanks for the info, that makes more sense than my memories.
I'm not sure how this thread went from discussing the thoughtless comments of a vice principal/athletic director to whining about Title IX, but if you are going to complain about it, please at least understand what you are complaining about. There is a nice FAQ on the NCAA website. One other thing... women's basketball ball team you love so much would not exist the way that it does without Title IX.
Who is complaining? Question asked and answered. And how do you know that WBB would not exist without Title IX?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom