OT: - From the Enlightened State of Tennessee | The Boneyard

OT: From the Enlightened State of Tennessee

Reaction Score
Just for laughs...

HS AD says girls 'ruin everything,' is put on leave

“And if you want to blame someone, blame the girls, because they pretty much ruin everything” Hensley continued. They ruin the dress code. Ask Adam. Look at Eve. That’s really all you got to get to. You can go back to the beginning of time.

So, it will be like that for the rest of your life; get used to it, keep your mouth shut, suck it up, follow the rules.”

You can watch the guy’s actual video by clicking the link in the article

Last edited:

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Just for laughs...

“And if you want to blame someone, blame the girls, because they pretty much ruin everything” Hensley continued. They ruin the dress code. Ask Adam. Look at Eve. That’s really all you got to get to. You can go back to the beginning of time.

So, it will be like that for the rest of your life; get used to it, keep your mouth shut, suck it up, follow the rules.”

thanks-eve.jpg

Reaction Score
Lol @ blaming the woman. Have to wonder where and how that really started.

Yeah I'd love to know what led to that, having the entire story is important to forming an opinion.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Yeah I'd love to know what led to that, having the entire story is important to forming an opinion.
My guess is that a poor education, and years of misogyny , and the mistaken idea that he was entitled to say whatever was on his mind were at least some of the factors that led to it.

Reaction Score
My guess is that a poor education, and years of misogyny , and the mistaken idea that he was entitled to say whatever was on his mind were at least some of the factors that led to it.
Whatever the background, clearly he thought he was pretty cool - derives his self esteem from what he thinks high school kids think of him.
girl-making-the-loser-sign-on-her-forehead.jpg

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
If enough parents protest this, and make some demands, there could very well be an "opening" for his job in the next couple of weeks. If you're an administrator, it's kinda hard to defend his actions. You gotta wonder how this guy slipped through the cracks to get that job. Think of all of the qualified people that also applied for his position that were not hired, and would have handled this matter in a more professional manner. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
If enough parents protest this, and make some demands, there could very well be an "opening" for his job in the next couple of weeks. If you're an administrator, it's kinda hard to defend his actions. :confused:
In most cases nowadays that would be an automatic - his adolescent rant goes viral and the administration has no choice and he's gone by Friday. BUT - this is Tennessee we're talking about, so....??

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
While we are speaking about the friendly state of Tenn, I ran into another sample of how loyal Tenn fans have been to Mercedes Russell. While there, against most sensible analysis she was the greatest thing since sliced bread. Now she's treated like the kid born on the wrong side of the blanket by quite a few of them. Just today one of them point out her masterful performance for her Championship Ring. "Russell: 8 Games: 4 minutes in one game, one rebound." Yup, a real family atmosphere and staunch loyalty. Can hardly wait NOT for this so called renewed rivalry.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

And that bottle of sour mash in his desk drawer too maybe?

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Lol @ blaming the woman. Have to wonder where and how that really started.

My thoughts exactly. What is it, when girls wear athletic shorts they distract the boys? And it's somehow the girls' fault that the boys can't concentrate on school? That's my best and only guess as to what he was thinking. And I use the word thinking loosely.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
And I thought Adam and Eve only went back to about 1990. I couldn't find a clip of the two of them together, but here's classic Adam:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
There was a report of very heavy rain in Soddy Daisy, Tn. , home of the above mentioned philosopher/ A D today. A very large sinkhole developed which caused the closure of Highway 111. TennDot has yet to assign blame, but probably the girls did that too.

Reaction Score
It is unbelievably sad to read that the female students at this school are defending Hensley. The gist of the comments are that they are a conservative school and that makes it OK. Someone needs to tell them that if they accept this crap now, they are setting a precedent for the rest of their lives.

Reaction Score
Just for laughs...

It was 6000 years ago, get over it!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. What is it, when girls wear athletic shorts they distract the boys? And it's somehow the girls' fault that the boys can't concentrate on school? That's my best and only guess as to what he was thinking. And I use the word thinking loosely.
No not quite, I don't think. But sorta on the right track.

Just my opinion, but what probably happened was there was probably a policy about wearing "athletic shorts" in school. Whether the policy was a good one or not is probably highly debatable. Most guys wear the long baggie shorts, where as the girls tend to wear much shorter ones. And rolled up and down. There was probably something in the policy about modesty and it would seem some of the girls were having problems meeting that policy (at least in the opinion of the school).

It seems like they (or him specifically) had been harping on that for a while and finally came up with, ok fine, then nobody can wear athletic shorts.

As usual, a few people always screw up stuff for everybody. Just happened to be girls this time.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
No not quite, I don't think. But sorta on the right track.

Just my opinion, but what probably happened was there was probably a policy about wearing "athletic shorts" in school. Whether the policy was a good one or not is probably highly debatable. Most guys wear the long baggie shorts, where as the girls tend to wear much shorter ones. And rolled up and down. There was probably something in the policy about modesty and it would seem some of the girls were having problems meeting that policy (at least in the opinion of the school).

It seems like they (or him specifically) had been harping on that for a while and finally came up with, ok fine, then nobody can wear athletic shorts.

As usual, a few people always screw up stuff for everybody. Just happened to be girls this time.
Meyers, you might be right here. I certainly have no other information with which to dispute your assumption. And of course, given your AKA, who here would know more about pants, athletic or otherwise?

Reaction Score
Does anyone here know if there is some website that keeps track of all the male sports programs that had to be cancelled so the schools could meet the title ix criteria?

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Does anyone here know if there is some website that keeps track of all the male sports programs that had to be cancelled so the schools could meet the title ix criteria?
I do not know of a website that tracks that stat. But then is there a requirement that any school cancel a male sports program in order to meet title ix? I know that football programs are male only, and that they require a far greater number of participants and as such should probably be excluded. Other than football, is it requirement or choice that limits schools? Rules should be revisited though, as there are so many more women in school now. The law of unintended consequences always rears its ugly head. The NCAA website has demographics and participation info available.

Reaction Score
I do not know of a website that tracks that stat. But then is there a requirement that any school cancel a male sports program in order to meet title ix? I know that football programs are male only, and that they require a far greater number of participants and as such should probably be excluded. Other than football, is it requirement or choice that limits schools? Rules should be revisited though, as there are so many more women in school now. The law of unintended consequences always rears its ugly head. The NCAA website has demographics and participation info available.
My limited knowledge is that because there had to be equal amounts of money(or something like that) spent on both women's and men's sports that many men's programs were eliminated to equal out the amount of money spent on both sides. Not sure how accurate that is but I would certainly listen to a short lesson on the subject.

Reaction Score
There has to be equal # of girls to boys in HS and college. Football carries 40 to 85 players and no female sport carries that many so to meet the #'s requirement, Wrestling, Boys Tennis, Boys Golf, Boys Soccer, Boys Cross Country, Boys Gymnastics, are cut till the #'s even up! Reverse discrimination!
Football is an island to itself it should be thrown out of the mix and use the other sports to regulate Title 9! At one time 23 College Wrestling teams were closed out because of Title 9 violations!

Reaction Score
I'm not sure how this thread went from discussing the thoughtless comments of a vice principal/athletic director to whining about Title IX, but if you are going to complain about it, please at least understand what you are complaining about. There is a nice FAQ on the NCAA website. One other thing... women's basketball ball team you love so much would not exist the way that it does without Title IX.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom