From the Cheap Seats | The Boneyard

From the Cheap Seats

Reaction Score
I’m at a loss to try and figure out what has happened to some of our players. It doesn’t matter who was on the court. They are all supposed to be high quality players or you don’t get to be on the UCONN Women’s basketball team. Losing tonight is not the issue. It’s understandable based on who was missing. But, you need to compete. You need to show us why you deserve to be in this program. Tonight was very disappointing.

They haven’t played that well - even with Paige this season. They need to improve or even at full strength there will be no net cutting again this year.

Butler and Xavior were supposed to be confidence builders. Maybe for them it was but I guess when you play teams that you could beat if you started the Mascot and two cheerleaders “confidence” can be fools gold.

Lose some games but just shows us that you want to be there or it won’t matter much when we get our injured players back.

Reaction Score
Yeah; I am lost also. Even with the injuries I did not expect to see them play as bad as they did yesterday. We had an overload of players at the start of the season. Then as of Monday we were down to eight.

Two guards
One small forward
Five post players

With Setan Hall coming up that will be a true test for these young ladies. I still think that they can run the Big East table. However, I don't see that against upcoming South Carolina and Tennessee. At least at this point. If Muhl and Westbrook start draining their three's or open shots then UConn can contest. Let's hope so.

Reaction Score
Turnovers and an off shooting day explain this loss. Relax UConn is still a final 4 team.

Reaction Score
Yeah; I am lost also. Even with the injuries I did not expect to see them play as bad as they did yesterday. We had an overload of players at the start of the season. Then as of Monday we were down to eight.

Two guards
One small forward
Five post players

With Setan Hall coming up that will be a true test for these young ladies. I still think that they can run the Big East table. However, I don't see that against upcoming South Carolina and Tennessee. At least at this point. If Muhl and Westbrook start draining their three's or open shots then UConn can contest. Let's hope so.
I agree with you on almost everything, but we will not beat the top teams without PB. Dorks can definitely play better than she has recently. Her hand wrap is gone but she seems to lack hand strength on rebounds. I am not counting on until she plays well at this level.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom