From sunny San Diego to frigid Minnesota?... | The Boneyard

From sunny San Diego to frigid Minnesota?...

Status
Not open for further replies.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Word on the street: the Vikings just picked up Jordan Todman off the Chargers' Practice Squad to replace Adrian Peterson (bad knee injury).

He'll be on the main roster and get a nice one-game payday, but that drastic of a move has to be a shock to the system. Good luck to the kid!...

Reaction Score
He'll be on the main roster and get a nice one-game payday, but that drastic of a move has to be a shock to the system. Good luck to the kid!...
Barring another damaging blizzard, Mall of America Field should be fairly temperate for a guy from UConn and previously New Bedford/Dartmouth, MA. Good for Jordan.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Barring another damaging blizzard, Mall of America Field show be fairly temperate for a guy from UConn and previously New Bedford/Dartmouth, MA. Good for Jordan.

Hopefully he didn't have to shop at Mall of America for some winter clothing.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Great news. Congrats Jordan

Reaction Score
Ever since my wife and I relocated to Minneapolis in August, the weather has been relatively balmy. Warmest and driest fall in over 50 years. And only 4-5 inches of snow so far this year, with nothing on the ground right now. Was 52 degrees the day after Christmas.

Still is nice though to watch the Vikings play indoors, although the Metrodome is a dump.

Reaction Score
Hopefully, this becomes an opportunity to audition for the league.

I really thought he could have helped the Chargers especially on third down.

Reaction Score
As a Viking fan and obviously UConn fan/Alumn I am so happy for Jordan. I doubt he plays much if at all Sunday, but hopefully he can carve out a role for himself this offseason and into training camp. Gerhart is going to be the starter until Peterson is ready, but backing him up is wide open. Currently on the roster, Lorenzo "butterfingers" Booker and rookie Caleb King from Georgia. King did look promising in the pre-season though. Best of luck Jordan...I am rooting for you!

Reaction Score
Playing time is what he needs. Get some things on game film to show others that he is a pretty effective runner, see how he blocks and where to improve. Can't get better if don't play. Not saying Donald Brown or Todman are all pros, but both are good enough to be solid contributors on the right team. Here in New Orleans, have quite a few backs who play and contribute, both need to be on team with good running scheme (even though New Orleans passes for a lot of yards, they also run effectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom