From Stewie | The Boneyard

From Stewie

Reaction Score
I couldn’t copy the video but below is what she said on twitter

I started this journey of coming forward publicly 9 months ago and have been working on what would be next. Being in the Body Issue for me was about having agency and ownership over my body, but I also realized there’s more to this story. Watch Sunday (6/25) on ESPN, 9am ET @E60

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
I couldn’t copy the video but below is what she said on twittet. I started this journey of coming forward publicly 9 months ago and have been working on what would be next. Being in the Body Issue for me was about having agency and ownership over my body, but I also realized there’s more to this story. Watch Sunday (6/25) on ESPN, 9am ET @E60

This is so much bovine scatology. How does one differentiate between being empowered in their nudity for ESPN and bitching about the Miss America swimsuit competition as being demeaning to women. A boat load guano!

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is so much bovine scatology. How does on differentiate between being empowered in their nudity for ESPN and bitching about the Miss America swimsuit competition as being demeaning to women. A boat load guano!

I understand that for the women athletes they are saying I can be a powerful, world class athlete and still an attractive woman. However, that case can be made while keeping their clothes on. This annual display is sponsored and published by a male dominated and by recent reports still quite mysogynistic ESPN.

Last edited:

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
stewie dressed up.jpg

Stewie is a wonderful and beautiful young woman. That said, I have no need to see her naked, near naked or whatever the SI shoot will produce. She is welcome to do whatever she wants, but I don't get it. Full disclosure, I don't want to see Geno near naked either..!! :eek:

Go Huskies..!!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I understand that for the women athletes they are saying I can be a powerful, world class athlete and still an attractive woman. However, that case can be made while keeping their clothes on. This annual display is sponsored and published by a male dominated and by recent reports still quite mysogynistic ESPN.
Well the Body Issue does include many male athletes too.

Reaction Score
ESPN The Body always has naked male athletes prominently represented as well. ESPN didn't start the 'naked athletes' thing. In 2004 Lauren Jackson appeared nude in and Australian magazine called Black & White along with 35 other Australian Olympians (male & female) scheduled to perform in the 2004 Athens Olympics. Apparently it was considered an honor there to appear in this mag. Jackson said she was in phenomenal shape in the prime of her athletic career, and knew she wouldn't stay that way forever, so she took advantage of the opportunity to document it while she had the chance.

Reaction Score
View attachment 32268

Stewie is a wonderful and beautiful young woman. That said, I have no need to see her naked, near naked or whatever the SI shoot will produce. She is welcome to do whatever she wants, but I don't get it. Full disclosure, I don't want to see Geno near naked either..!! :eek:

Go Huskies..!!
In view of her trauma at a young age, Stewie is saying she is the only one entitled to to exploit her body. This is how she reclaims her power. You go Stewie!!

Last edited by a moderator:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
ESPN The Body always has naked male athletes prominently represented as well. ESPN didn't start the 'naked athletes' thing. In 2004 Lauren Jackson appeared nude in and Australian magazine called Black & White along with 35 other Australian Olympians (male & female) scheduled to perform in the 2004 Athens Olympics. Apparently it was considered an honor there to appear in this mag. Jackson said she was in phenomenal shape in the prime of her athletic career, and knew she wouldn't stay that way forever, so she took advantage of the opportunity to document it while she had the chance.

Interesting, but not in any way validating is it?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well the Body Issue does include many male athletes too.
Who gives a rat bum!? Are they, both men and women, being empowered or is it what it is, an ego trip?

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Who gives a rat bum!? Are they, both men and women, being empowered or is it what it is, an ego trip?
Well I do. I doubt it's an ego trip. I would think most of them (from what I've read) are a bit tentative about doing it. But they also, I believe, feel confident about themselves. But maybe not so confident about expressing themselves this way. I imagine it can be quite liberating.

There really isn't anything wrong with the human body. Nothing really to be ashamed of. Particularly when they are in as great as shape as many of them are. It's a beautiful thing. Can actually be inspiring. Similar to works of art.

Have you ever actually seen any of the pictures? It's not a Playboy or Playgirl spread.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Not trying to validate anything. Just pointing our that ESPN The Body is not a 'girlie magazine', and IMO doesn't present the subjects - male or female - in a sexual way.

Certainly not competing with the SI Swimsuit Edition. Never has so little fabric been shared by so many, eh! However, and I don't say this in a negative, but on the contrary a positive way , sexuality is inherent in the depiction of the naked human body in an artistic way.

I didn't remember this one from 2010, when a different pix of DT was on the cover:

wos34305.jpg

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Well I do. I doubt it's an ego trip. I would think most of them (from what I've read) are a bit tentative about doing it. But they also, I believe, feel confident about themselves. But maybe not so confident about expressing themselves this way. I imagine it can be quite liberating.

There really isn't anything wrong with the human body. Nothing really to be ashamed of. Particularly when they are in as great as shape as many of them are. It's a beautiful thing. Can actually be inspiring. Similar to works of art.

Have you ever actually seen any of the pictures? It's not a Playboy or Playgirl spread.

It is no big deal. If they consider this an empowering act then there is something wrong with them.

Reaction Score
Well...not agreeing or disagreeing with any...I was tryin to let you know about her telling her story on E:60 on Sunday 9am.

Reaction Score
It is no big deal. If they consider this an empowering act then there is something wrong with them.
Well, if you say so. While I'm not interested in that magazine and if it were my kid I wouldn't recommend doing it, I don't believe it's my place to pass judgment on her or anyone else for doing it. For the record, as far as I am concerned, I believe there is a real difference between "I disagree," and "Because I disagree, there is something wrong with you." IMHO, half the problem nationwide these days is failure to understand that difference.

Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
This is so much bovine scatology. How does one differentiate between being empowered in their nudity for ESPN and bitching about the Miss America swimsuit competition as being demeaning to women. A boat load guano!

Ha ha good post

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom