From Maria Marino on Lou | The Boneyard

From Maria Marino on Lou

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
From Maria Marino on Twitter:
“Fun story: the epic Elite 8 game between NC State & UConn was played at Fairfield’s home arena. Lou Lopez Sénéchal was there, called it one of the best games she’s watched. That was before she was in transfer portal! Had no idea she’d end up with #UConn (& scoring 20 vs NC State)”

1669162417773.png

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Thanks for the post old timer. BTW everything I know I learned from Mad Magazine.
I read Batman comics and Mad magazines exclusively from 10-17 years old. You've got a witness. A lot of very dry wit and humor in mad, but some truth too. I was not the only person at my high school that regularly read Mad. :cool: Mad was not for every one. My brother thought it was garbage. :eek:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I read Batman comics and Mad magazines exclusively from 10-17 years old. You've got a witness. A lot of very dry wit and humor in mad, but some truth too. I was not the only person at my high school that regularly read Mad. :cool: Mad was not for every one. My brother thought it was garbage. :eek:
My brother brought it into the house, but as soon as I saw it I was forever hooked. But back to topic, how wild would it have been to pick up the freshman Lou. Yes, there are gems out there waiting to be discovered and enrich a program.

Reaction Score
Back in the dark ages, I had a reading class in junior high. The young teacher for that class allowed us to read anything. His reading material of choice was Mad magazine. Spy vs Spy lol....

Reaction Score

Mad Magazine was an exquisite treat for the senses - I loved it. One of my buddies, his older brother bought a lot of different comics. Besides the piles of Mad, I loved "The Phantom", and "John Jones, Man Hunter from Mars" amongst others. We'd play baseball in the morning, then head to his screened in porch in the afternoon and indulge in these wild and off world adventures of the mind. No wonder I had to start wearing glasses by age 12. :D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Mad Magazine was an exquisite treat for the senses - I loved it. One of my buddies, his older brother bought a lot of different comics. Besides the piles of Mad, I loved "The Phantom", and "John Jones, Man Hunter from Mars" amongst others. We'd play baseball in the morning, then head to his screened in porch in the afternoon and indulge in these wild and off world adventures of the mind. No wonder I had to start wearing glasses by age 12. :D
Yes. It was very easy to get hooked on comics of all kinds. I’ve still got 2 boxes of comics from the 1960’s that I could not bare to throw away. Batman, Superman, Mad magazines and Archie comics. I loved Archie comics.

I’ll give them to my grandchildren and tell them to wait 30 years to see if any of them are worth anything at that time. That would make them around 80 years old. The comics, not the grands. While those comics have intrinsic value to me, they will have zero value or interest to them.

I was around my grandchildren just about everyday of their youth as we cared for them after school until their parents picked them up. I never saw either of them ever read a comic book. They have no idea what they missed.

Reaction Score
The eternal question: Thor or either of the Silver Surfers.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I always heard that there was another kind of magazine that made young fellows need glasses! :oops:

Reaction Score
I read Batman comics and Mad magazines exclusively from 10-17 years old. You've got a witness. A lot of very dry wit and humor in mad, but some truth too. I was not the only person at my high school that regularly read Mad. :cool: Mad was not for every one. My brother thought it was garbage
De gustibus non disputatum est. Loosely translated as "there is no accounting for taste". As far as I am concerned, anyone who didn't think Mad Magazine was the best, had no taste.

Reaction Score
I always heard that there was another kind of magazine that made young fellows need glasses! :oops:

Well now, truth be told, my other buddy had those......and access to them is another story, for perhaps another time.....let's just say for now, not every afternoon was a Mad Magazine extravaganza :D:D:eek::D:D:eek::D

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
To get back on track, I'm happy that Lou decided to come to UConn. Maybe it helped her decide to come to Storrs after watching UConn defeat NC State in that double overtime game.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
De gustibus non disputatum est. Loosely translated as "there is no accounting for taste". As far as I am concerned, anyone who didn't think Mad Magazine was the best, had no taste.
VERY loosely translated indeed. It literally translates as "there is no disputing about taste". In so many words , to each his own. Having said that, I agree that those who did not appreciate Mad Magazine were somehow deficient in capacity! :confused:

Reaction Score
To get back on track, I'm happy that Lou decided to come to UConn. Maybe it helped her decide to come to Storrs after watching UConn defeat NC State in that double overtime game.
Lou’s great, but what was your favorite whacky pack advertisement?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom