From Emmert: "Miscommunication." Post season ban this year not on table. | The Boneyard

From Emmert: "Miscommunication." Post season ban this year not on table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He totally blindsided the NCAA presidents. mushroom cap. There was no miscommunication. He learned who his bosses are.

Reaction Score
Further, per Jeff Jacobs on twitter, it will be "phased in" starting in 2013 (if approved of course). Hopefully the phase in process will allow schools like Uconn the opportunity to make up for poor scores in years past without a postseason ban, provided they can clearly show that their current scores are improved.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Whatever year it is implemented, that will be the year scores are counted. They will not average in past years. Uconn will be fine.

Reaction Score
What I don't get, is we have already been punished for the scores. How can they punish us again for the same scores?

Reaction Score
Phew....now if we can only get invited into the ACC by 5pm today, this day of searching google news for UConn updates every 5 minutes won't be a complete waste. Something tells me I should just be EXTREMELY happy about the non-postseason ban, and wait 2 years for the ACC.

Reaction Score
What I don't get, is we have already been punished for the scores. How can they punish us again for the same scores?

They can't and they won't. It will be phased in, possibly over 4 years per Don Amore's twitter. This likely means that scores from prior years will not factor into post season ban decisions at all. If Uconn has good APR scores starting this year (which we already know will be good) and going forward, they will be fine.

Reaction Score
Whatever year it is implemented, that will be the year scores are counted. They will not average in past years. Uconn will be fine.

Why didn't you say so in the other APR thread!?? My goodness, I was panicking!

(Just kidding - kind of. I didn't read through the whole thing, so maybe you did say that. But it's hard, I think, for a good, but parochial, fan to not feel the pangs of freak-out when you start reading this stuff.

So what I'm wondering now is: "Really, really? Are we going to be okay?")

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Agree, which by the way was exactly what was reported, initially, APR for the 2012-2013 season.

Reaction Score
Just peachy. Although this is good news, UConn again got dragged through the mud needlessly. Our proud program is like a fricken pinata when it comes to bad news, particularly on a national level. You can bet the bank that we'll get dragged through again, after the vote, once they begin to implement and so forth until we clear that magic number once and for all.

The good news, is that the staff can tell recruits that UConn is in good shape. Their upcoming scores are getting better and that an NCAA tournament ban simply won't happen for the Huskies.

Considering JC and staff were able to successfully recruit Boatright, Daniels and Drummond under the shroud of doom that took place last year, I think they'll do just fine in 2012, 13 and beyond. The man can sell refrigerators to Eskimos. With that said, I still prefer to keep the reasons for not coming to UConn to a minimum. :) Unfortunately there are many that simply make up things to put our program down. We were like a fricken Phoenix last year. I expect that bird to keep on flying high for some time. Hum...doesn't the Phoenix turn to ashes and then rise again? Maybe I shouldn't have used that comparison.

Reaction Score
Just peachy. Although this is good news, UConn again got dragged through the mud needlessly. Our proud program is like a fricken pinata when it comes to bad news, particularly on a national level. You can bet the bank that we'll get dragged through again, after the vote, once they begin to implement and so forth until we clear that magic number once and for all.

The good news, is that the staff can tell recruits that UConn is in good shape. Their upcoming scores are getting better and that an NCAA tournament ban simply won't happen for the Huskies.

Considering JC and staff were able to successfully recruit Boatright, Daniels and Drummond under the shroud of doom that took place last year, I think they'll do just fine in 2012, 13 and beyond. The man can sell refrigerators to Eskimos. With that said, I still prefer to keep the reasons for not coming to UConn to a minimum. :) Unfortunately there are many that simply make up things to put our program down. We were like a fricken Phoenix last year. I expect that bird to keep on flying high for some time. Hum...doesn't the Phoenix turn to ashes and then rise again? Maybe I shouldn't have used that comparison.

Hear, Hear!

Reaction Score
OK now at the count of 3, I want everyone to turn 180 degrees and walk away from the ledge.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Why didn't you say so in the other APR thread!?? My goodness, I was panicking!

(Just kidding - kind of. I didn't read through the whole thing, so maybe you did say that. But it's hard, I think, for a good, but parochial, fan to not feel the pangs of freak-out when you start reading this stuff.

So what I'm wondering now is: "Really, really? Are we going to be okay?")
Several of us did say this in the other thread. I guess you missed it.:)

Reaction Score
This board loves (over)reacting to 'news' before all the facts are presented or final decisions made.

I guess we have nothing else to talk about at the moment anyway.

Reaction Score
Several of us did say this in the other thread. I guess you missed it.:)

Yeah, I did. Sorry. Though I did read much of that thread. At one point you were cautiously vetting Rum - thinking that while he seemed to relish bringing up bad news items, he was - to be fair - coming through by linking some legitimate articles / points of debate. I guess I just missed the "bottom line" take on the issue. Feeling better this afternoon!

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger