from amore--UConn Looks to Land Abdul-Malik Abu | The Boneyard

from amore--UConn Looks to Land Abdul-Malik Abu

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

A strange article or is it just poorly worded in places? Based on their top 4 UConn would not be part of a package deal. Are they looking to land or hoping to land Abdul?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It said "So determined" when it should have said "So how determined" I believe.

Reaction Score
A strange article or is it just poorly worded in places? Based on their top 4 UConn would not be part of a package deal. Are they looking to land or hoping to land Abdul?

It's Dom Amore what do you expect? He has yet to locate the spell check option.

Reaction Score
It really stinks that Duffy is no longer on the beat. The other guys really are not plugged into the recruiting scene at all. Even Borges, who usually is the best bet, hasn't had anything substantial all summer.

Reaction Score
Amore advises - "So determined they are to go to the same school is the key to UConn’s chances of landing Malik Abu."

That is disgraceful for a professional journalist. More so, his editor.

Does it mean: 'The key to UConn's chances of landing Malik Abu is how determined they are to go to the same school?" Has Dom been reading Yoda lately?

Bring back Mike Anthony, please.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Amore advises - "So determined they are to go to the same school is the key to UConn’s chances of landing Malik Abu."

That is disgraceful for a professional journalist. More so, his editor.

Does it mean: 'The key to UConn's chances of landing Malik Abu is how determined they are to go to the same school?" Has Dom been reading Yoda lately?

Bring back Mike Anthony, please.
Definitely Yoda speak.

Reaction Score
Amore advises - "So determined they are to go to the same school is the key to UConn’s chances of landing Malik Abu.".

If you replace "So" with "How", the sentence makes a lot more sense.

And that basically sums up everything you need to know about his recruitment. If he and Terrell go to the same school, it will be PC, and this board will be trolled into oblivion.

If not, it sounds like there's a better than 50% chance we get him.

Reaction Score
we need someone to offer Terrell the keys to their team @ PG, at the end of the day I ultimately think he decides who gets Abu.

Reaction Score
It sounds like URI is a real wildcard for Terrell. If Hurley can land him, it certainly makes it a little less likely that Abu picks Providence.

I'm just having a hard time being optimistic about them not playing together. The joint press conference is one reason. The other is simply that 1) they obviously both like Providence and 2) they're good friends who have at least some (and maybe a lot of) interest in playing together. The impression I get is that PC won't finish worse than second for either of them. So if they like PC and like the idea of playing together, there's a pretty good chance it could happen.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
It sounds like URI is a real wildcard for Terrell. If Hurley can land him, it certainly makes it a little less likely that Abu picks Providence.

I'm just having a hard time being optimistic about them not playing together. The joint press conference is one reason. The other is simply that 1) they obviously both like Providence and 2) they're good friends who have at least some (and maybe a lot of) interest in playing together. The impression I get is that PC won't finish worse than second for either of them. So if they like PC and like the idea of playing together, there's a pretty good chance it could happen.
A coherent summary of things. One thing we're all trying to figure out is whether the statements by Abu and Terrell are smoke and mirrors to throw people off or is the visiting process by them the smoke and mirrors? Another question: do they already know where they want to go or are they still trying to figure it out?

Obviously we'll all know the answer to these questions in .................... minutes!!!!!
Which ever way things end up, these guys have been very creative with their recruitment process.

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but I think despite their attempts to downplay the package deal as the months went by, they wanted to go to the same school all along. Getting Purvis & Hamilton pretty much eliminated the need for Terrell and in turn he probably eliminated UConn. If that's the case you can't really fault the staff for not getting Abu...but they gotta go out and lockdown Robinson then.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I hope I'm wrong, but I think despite their attempts to downplay the package deal as the months went by, they wanted to go to the same school all along. Getting Purvis & Hamilton pretty much eliminated the need for Terrell and in turn he probably eliminated UConn. If that's the case you can't really fault the staff for not getting Abu...but they gotta go out and lockdown Robinson then.
That might be difficult given that they followed Abu a lot and hardly followed Robinson during the recruiting period. Either it was a tactical error or they felt that it was worth the risk. Can't fault them no matter what.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i think if PC does not land terrell we are the favorites to land Abu. i could not have said it better myself.
we need someone to offer Terrell the keys to their team @ PG, at the end of the day I ultimately think he decides who gets Abu.
(This)
i could not have said it better myself.

Reaction Score
I would agree that UCONN is the favorite if Terrell decides to go to URI.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I would agree that UCONN is the favorite if Terrell decides to go to URI.
And watch Terrell goes to PC and Abu comes to UConn or Terrell goes to URI and Abu goes to PC and most of us so called experts got it all wrong. But yes most reasonable people would agree that the odds do improve for UConn if Terrell choses URI over PC. Problem is some people think that probability is the same as certainty.

Reaction Score
Some clarification please. Are we thinking Abu and Robinson for the same position as some suggest or is the staff thinking of Abu as a 4 and Robinson as a 3 ?? I thought the later and I believe 3's recruiting updates are treating them as NOT being recruited for the same position.

Reaction Score
Some clarification please. Are we thinking Abu and Robinson for the same position as some suggest or is the staff thinking of Abu as a 4 and Robinson as a 3 ?? I thought the later and I believe 3's recruiting updates are treating them as NOT being recruited for the same position.
I am under the belief that Robinson is a SF and he is being recruited as a SF while Abu is a PF and is being recruited as a PF.

Reaction Score
I am under the belief that Robinson is a SF and he is being recruited as a SF while Abu is a PF and is being recruited as a PF.

Thanks for clarifying. It makes sense now that despite the push for Abu, we are still actively recruiting Robinson although there isn't as much hype about it. Hopefully, getting one doesn't logically exclude landing the other.

Thanks for the ongoing updates, they are both informative and helpful.

Reaction Score
There's a lot of crazy stuff in this thread. Does anyone really believe that Abu is so tied to Terrell that he would choose a school because it would make for a package deal? That is incredibly hard to believe as the kid has a good head on his shoulders, judging from interviews. This is a huge decision for him that will impact the rest of his life. I'm betting the package deal stuff is just noise.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
There's a lot of crazy stuff in this thread. Does anyone really believe that Abu is so tied to Terrell that he would choose a school because it would make for a package deal? That is incredibly hard to believe as the kid has a good head on his shoulders, judging from interviews. This is a huge decision for him that will impact the rest of his life. I'm betting the package deal stuff is just noise.
I don't see any crazy ideas being thrown about the tandem at all. People have correctly assessed PC's needs based on players they currently have and determined if PC is advantageous for Abu and Terrell going to PC either individually or together. Same with UConn and URI. In other words the collected threads have vetted the situation quite accurately and pretty thoroughly.

The big debate seems to hinge on two things. If PC and UConn are both good situations for Abu, which school does he choose. Does he choose PC if Terrell opts to go there because they are great friends or does he head UConn's way in spite of his friend going to PC (in the possibility Terrell wants to go to PC) because of UConn's cache. Added uncertainty is the conference values of the BE vs. the AAC which the overwhelming majority have given no value one way or the other. No one is factoring in the value of the head coaches who still haven't made much of a name for themselves.

Reaction Score
I don't see any crazy ideas being thrown about the tandem at all. People have correctly assessed PC's needs based on players they currently have and determined if PC is advantageous for Abu and Terrell going to PC either individually or together. Same with UConn and URI. In other words the collected threads have vetted the situation quite accurately and pretty thoroughly.

The big debate seems to hinge on two things. If PC and UConn are both good situations for Abu, which school does he choose. Does he choose PC if Terrell opts to go there because they are great friends or does he head UConn's way in spite of his friend going to PC (in the possibility Terrell wants to go to PC) because of UConn's cache. Added uncertainty is the conference values of the BE vs. the AAC which the overwhelming majority have given no value one way or the other. No one is factoring in the value of the head coaches who still haven't made much of a name for themselves.

It's so unbelievable. I would hope he is only thinking of himself and what's best for him. It's also hard to believe that he wouldn't choose the school that's best for him because his buddy might go elsewhere. Imagine that UConn is 1A for him and that PC is 1B but is just a notch below. Would he choose PC then because Terrell? That would be more than hard for me to believe.

Reaction Score
@ Upstater - they are kids, their decision matrix probably includes factors we couldn't guess. When I was looking at schools someone knocked a Northern NE school out of contention by telling me that the girls put sweats on at first snowfall and didn't take them off until spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom