Friday night lights: Big East and Pac-12 action | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday night lights: Big East and Pac-12 action

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
missed opportunities for both teams at the end. McDonald missed both FTs after drawing a foul after Smith’s 3 pointer. Then Stanford just had to inbound the ball to force AZ to foul, but they turned it over, setting up the final shot for McDonald.
I didn't see the inbound play where Stanford turned it over. I saw in the box score that Coffee was credited with the turnover, but what happened on that play?

Plebe

Reaction Score
Cal picks up an important win over Arizona State, 69-60, thanks to a strong second half.

That gives Cal a pair of high quality wins over Stanford and ASU. Definitely shores up their at-large bid.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Oregon games have been verrrrrry interesting lately.

Now I know why I bought my new cable package. Pac-12 network always keeps me up late on Friday here in California.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Oregon was up 40-18 in the first half. UCLA has dominated the 2nd half. Kennedy Burke has been unstoppable.

Reaction Score
I just returned from the Cal-ASU game. Cal looked tired and flat in the first half; Anigwe was missing everything, only being double-teamed, and Cal defense was giving up many drives to the basket. In the second half, Anigwe was triple-teamed, but she just took over the game with rebounds and put backs. It was like she was more comfortable with three defenders than two. And Thomas (who shot well against UCONN) and Caldwell began making outside shots. The defense completely stopped ASU, except for some bad calls from the refs. Anigwe finished with 20 points and 15 rebounds. Caldwell and Thomas were 8 for 13 from 3.

Plebe

Reaction Score
What a nightmare second half for Oregon. Total nightmare.

Well, this one goes out to the people who said that Hebard wasn't that important to Oregon.
And it also goes out to those who said that Oti Gildon was every bit as good as Hebard.
It was Gildon who missed a box-out on Burke on a critical rebound off a free throw in the final minute.

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionescu fouled out with 11.8 seconds and a three point game, and instead of cheering on her teammates who are still trying to battle it out, what does she do? Walks to the locker room and throws some stuff.

I’ve watched her an Chennedy Carter act like that during games (Carter was ejected so it’s a little different) and it isn’t a good look.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Oregon’s chance at a 1 seed is gone
Not necessarily. If Hebard is available for the postseason, the committee can take into account her absence.

Reaction Score
As much fun as it is watching all the other high seeds lose, this carnage has me nervous.

Reaction Score
Now that’s an upset!

Sabrina, pushes her teammate after she gives up offensive rebound with 10 seconds left, then throws a temper tantrum and walks towards locker room. A complete meltdown for Oregon in the 2nd half.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
SpeedyImmaculateArmyant-size_restricted.gif

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. If Hebard is available for the postseason, the committee can take into account her absence.
If Oregon wins the Pac-12 tournament, I would think they would snag the 4th one seed over the ACC loser and Mississippi State. That head-to-head win could end up being important.

Reaction Score
They lost to Michigan St earlier this season, a team that probably won’t make the tournament. Probably now the overall 5 seed

Reaction Score
They lost to Michigan St earlier this season, a team that probably won’t make the tournament. Probably now the overall 5 seed
I could see both Louisville & ND being a 1 seed now. Still a lot to be played out but didn’t anticipate Oregon losing this one, with or without Hebard.

Reaction Score
I could see both Louisville & ND being a 1 seed now. Still a lot to be played out but didn’t anticipate Oregon losing this one, with or without Hebard.
Agreed, I don’t think Louisville can beat ND in the ACC tourney. So I have Louisville in Portland as the #1

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
What a nightmare second half for Oregon. Total nightmare.

Well, this one goes out to the people who said that Hebard wasn't that important to Oregon.
And it also goes out to those who said that Oti Gildon was every bit as good as Hebard.
It was Gildon who missed a box-out on Burke on a critical rebound off a free throw in the final minute.
What happened? Did coach make the mistake of reminding them that Hebard was missing during halftime?:eek::cool: This just looked like a complete meltdown in the second half.

And for Oregon it doesn't really matter if they get a first or second seed as long as they are seeded above the rest of the Pac12 - they will be in the Portland region

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom