Friday Entertainment | The Boneyard

Friday Entertainment

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tonight was a quite fascinating view into the 2nd tier of woman's college basketball
which I found it quite worthwhile. i jumped back and forth between two games (and Rachel at 9) and was rewarded by
a sense of confidence in the overall state of the game.

Princeton was somewhat better than the St. Louis Billikins (whatever that is)
"The Billiken is a charm doll created by an American art teacher and illustrator, Florence Pretz of Kansas City, Missouri, who is said to have seen the mysterious figure in a dream". says handy wikipedia...Now we know.

The St. Louis kids were a scrappy bunch, with some talent...I especially admired a turn-around quick move to the hoop from the foul line which I always hoped Kiah Stokes would develop. But Carla's kids were just a bit more disciplined, though they had trouble at times finding an offensive flow against the stout defending of St Loo.

Two more points: the crowd couldn't have been more than a few dozen; total, there is no local support or interest in the St Louis team...too bad.

And I continue to be fascinated by how Carla has turned out and turns up; probably weighs less than her playing days and invariably high heels (very) with caz slacks and a sweater (apologies if sexist and inappropriate...just thought it was interesting). We're going to be seeing and hearing a lot about her.

In Loyola Chicago 9-0 (before tonight) with wins over Portland, Vermont and Bowling Green...(not top teams but whom they should be expected to play)
DePaul had its hands full and barely squeaked out a win before a nice crowd at Loyola's place. If the unexpected would have happened, it would have seemed like a huge upset (especially to those who hadn't seen the game) but these Loyola kids know how to win and have confidence n their system. A fun team to watch...and a competitive game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul
Top Bottom