Friday 2/24 Games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Friday 2/24 Games

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Another shoe off!!!! What's up!?? Do kids not know how to tie their shoes!

That one player that we saw footage of stopping to tie her shoe when bringing the ball up court sure does.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I feel badly for the beefsteaks :rolleyes: anyway.... The pollsters seem to love them and Ohio state.. They probably fall to 10 in the polls.

I actually do not like to see Texas lose a game like this. They always play well against Baylor and the Big 12 championship game could be a tussle. If Texas were to beat Baylor in the Big 12 championship game it could affect Baylor's seeding more than had Texas beaten ISU.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Disappointing loss. I like Astin and was hoping Texas would fight Baylor for the BIG12. Not so sure now!

Still waiting for next year to be voted in as sheriff, it appears.

I joke about Texas but I have great respect for Astin. But, as UCONN fans can attest to, winning is something that you learn to do. You can't just show up with the better team and expect to win. Mulkey does a masterful job of keeping her players focused on conference play, which is why she hates mid-conference OOC games. It breaks a team's focus on conference, resulting in losses, such as this one.

I think it would be interesting to see data on how well teams perform in conference games immediately following OOC games that take place in the middle of conference play.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
This OSU-Stanford game has been putrid so far. I did predict a low scoring contest. The first game in Palo Alto was fairly ugly too. Two teams that play tough defense, that can have offensive struggles, slugging it out. Watching this you'd think UCLA or UW, should've won the conference, but whoever wins this game will do no worse than tie for first and can win outright with another victory on Sunday.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Oregon State leads the slugfest 20-18 at the half.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The same ISU team that somebody posted here would be lucky to get into the WNIT tourney when Baylor was only beating them by 8 and "struggling" on the road?

ISU is a good team with an excellent coach. I always dread playing them.

BTW, Baylor was already in sole possession of 1st place in the Big 12 as they had only lost 1 game and UT had lost two conference games coming into tonight. They now stand at 3 conference losses.

Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. What I meant to say was that this win ensures Baylor will win the Big 12 outright, in sole possession of the regular season title. No new sheriff yet lol.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Sorry, I wasn't clear on that. What I meant to say was that this win ensures Baylor will win the Big 12 outright, in sole possession of the regular season title. No new sheriff yet lol.

Well, let's hope Baylor doesn't lay eggs against Texas Tech and OU. Baylor needs to win out to secure that 1 seed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
This OSU-Stanford game has been putrid so far. I did predict a low scoring contest. The first game in Palo Alto was fairly ugly too. Two teams that play tough defense, that can have offensive struggles, slugging it out. Watching this you'd think UCLA or UW, should've won the conference, but whoever wins this game will do no worse than tie for first and can win outright with another victory on Sunday.

OSU has almost perfected the art of winning ugly. I chuckle when I hear people say, "I've seen Oregon State and I'm not at all impressed." Yet they are 2-0 so far this year against Washington and Stanford.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Well, let's hope Baylor doesn't lay eggs against Texas Tech and OU. Baylor needs to win out to secure that 1 seed.

Texas Tech won't have a prayer in Waco. OU at least has a chance in Norman.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
OSU has almost perfected the art of winning ugly. I chuckle when I hear people say, "I've seen Oregon State and I'm not impressed." Yet they are 2-0 so far this year against Washington and Stanford.

Yet of all the possible 2's... It's still definitely the one I would want Duke to face if they end up a three.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Yet of all the possible 2's... It's still definitely the one I would want Duke to face if they end up a three.

I'm almost certain Baylor was quite happy about their draw last year as well.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm almost certain Baylor was quite happy about their draw last year as well.

Well they were a better squad last year though. Oregon State

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Texas Tech won't have a prayer in Waco. OU at least has a chance in Norman.

And the game at OU will be senior day. Those are always emotional and motivational for the home team.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Oregon State leads heading into final quarter 33-29!!

Plebe

Reaction Score
And the game at OU will be senior day. Those are always emotional and motivational for the home team.

Baylor would have to suffer catastrophic casualties in the form of foul trouble or injuries to lose to Tech. Kinda like how Nurse's injury + Collier's foul trouble was part of the near-perfect storm at Tulane. Except for Baylor, with all that depth, it would have to take out at least five players.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Stanford will likely pull this one out. The Cardinal have more than one scorer. Oregon State looks for Weise everytime down the floor. It's like she is only player that wants to shoot and Stanford is doubling her. Open players for OSU won't even shoot!!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
46-45 OSU on top with 37.2. Cardinal with ball

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Cardinal rebound put back and Stanford leads 47-46 with 19.3

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
So glad I get PAC-12 network. Besides the UCONN games these PAC-12 games this season have been spectacular. It's ugly at times but close games. Exciting!

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Marie Gulich scores! OSU Leads 48-47 with 14.8

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Middle Samuelson misses a 3 and OSU gets ball after tie up. 5.8 to go

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors