Fri night win is like last year's win against Rutgers | The Boneyard

Fri night win is like last year's win against Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last year around this time we as a fan base watched UConn totally destroy a Rutgers team that was BCS bound if they won that game. Well after much thought since Fri night...the win against Pitt was a similiar win. We didn't destroy Pitt like we did to Rutty last season but there are a LOT of similarities to that game. I hope that WM takes the ENTIRE scope of GDL's work this season (as well as his history at his last 2 stops in college at Ole Miss and Temple)into consideration during his performance review at the end of the season. If he does this...all signs point GDL to the door...which we as a fan base deserve to see at a minimum!

Reaction Score
I feel like Friday was a win/win scenario. We got the W, but still managed to put the ineptitude of our coaching staff on full display for most of the second half.

Reaction Score
I feel like Friday was a win/win scenario. We got the W, but still managed to put the ineptitude of our coaching staff on full display for most of the second half.
GREAT point Excalibur!

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. A win is not always a win.

Last year around this time we as a fan base watched UConn totally destroy a Rutgers team that was BCS bound if they won that game. Well after much thought since Fri night...the win against Pitt was a similiar win. We didn't destroy Pitt like we did to Rutty last season but there are a LOT of similarities to that game. I hope that WM takes the ENTIRE scope of GDL's work this season (as well as his history at his last 2 stops in college at Ole Miss and Temple)into consideration during his performance review at the end of the season. If he does this...all signs point GDL to the door...which we as a fan base deserve to see at a minimum!

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's no reason to think the story will change against UL /UC. But if it did... it would be the epitome of pyrrhic victories for UConn fans.

Reaction Score
There's no reason to think the story will change against UL /UC. But if it did... it would be the epitome of pyrrhic victories for UConn fans.
I think Charlie Strong is too good of a coach to not know all he has to do is come up with a bunch of biltz pkgs that will leave our o line's respective heads spinning like Beatle Juice. Then all Butch Jones has to do is copy the game plan. I know it sounds pessimistic but GDL's scope if work this year leads me to expect nothing less.

Reaction Score
Agree 100%. A win is not always a win.

Except, really, it is. In the end, the record is the most measurable part of performance, and it's pretty easy to point at 5-7 and say "maybe give it one more year".

It's a lot harder to remember back at the coaching staff that, for the 2nd year in the row, failed mathematics on kneel down time.

Reaction Score
This thought has been on my mind as well. Even if we pull the upset at Louisville and then pick of Cincinnati at home, I'm afraid we d be looking at fools gold. There is just no getting around the misuse of time outs, the poor strategy to take air out of the ball against Temple, the problems with oline.

There needs to be a change somewhere. This staff has squandered a lot of close games the first two years.

Reaction Score
Absolutely, that win served one purpose for me, it saved us from having "winless Big East season" on our résumé.

Reaction Score
This thought has been on my mind as well. Even if we pull the upset at Louisville and then pick of Cincinnati at home, I'm afraid we d be looking at fools gold. There is just no getting around the misuse of time outs, the poor strategy to take air out of the ball against Temple, the problems with oline.

There needs to be a change somewhere. This staff has squandered a lot of close games the first two years.

Hard to defend the staff, but Temple? We missed 4 FGs - 4. We hit ONE and the frigging game is over. This team is hard to watch, but had the kid chosen any other game to have a brain fart in, we would be 5-5. Bowl eligible might then be in reach. It is not - remember, this is a team that has not won 2 games in a row under this staff, and they'd need to win 3 just to get a ticket to St. Pete's to play in the who cares bowl.

Reaction Score
And if we convert one of those fg attempts into a td temple has no chance of coming back. Then P goes on record and says that we were forced to pass more than they liked due to falling behind.

But hey they just flipped a BC commit, maybe things are looking up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom