Freshmen Report Card | The Boneyard

Freshmen Report Card

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins
Grade A
Elite 3 point shooting ( 3 threes in first 5 minutes) elite defense(keeps man in front of him doesn't get beat)in control. Played within the offense.
Samson Johnson
Grade A
Defensive intimidator blocked and altered shots, rebounded. Controlled his man and made good rotations. Played within the offense
Rahsool Diggins
Grade A
Had tight handle and good poise. Showed beautiful 3 point shot. No turnovers. Got the ball where it had to go.Played within thee offense.

Reaction Score
Can’t fathom how Samson wasn’t playing. Very active on D which Hurley demands & so smooth on offense. Looks to be a good passer, plus a nice Stroke from deep. His future is sooo bright.

Diggins is a natural ballhandler/passer - def gives off that Bazz swagger confidence-wise. This team needs that. Hope he can build on it so Gaffney can stay off the ball, not bog down the offense & knock down shots - which he’s solid at.

How nice was it to bring in big time talents off the bench after years of being devoid of much talent off the bench!!!

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins
Grade A
Elite 3 point shooting ( 3 threes in first 5 minutes) elite defense(keeps man in front of him doesn't get beat)in control. Played within the offense.
Samson Johnson
Grade A
Defensive intimidator blocked and altered shots, rebounded. Controlled his man and made good rotations. Played within the offense
Rahsool Diggins
Grade A
Had tight handle and good poise. Showed beautiful 3 point shot. No turnovers. Got the ball where it had to go.Played within thee offense.

I hope you are grading my kids. Your grading seems inflated some.

Reaction Score
Giving the freshman straight A's for yesterday's performances might be a bit much, but they certainly all showed great promise. Thrilled to have 3 young players with such confidence and potential.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Positivity for a change which is nice, but these grades are a bit high for the current day.

I think we all can agree Hawkins is a legitimate player and the sky is the limit. He should be the #2 option behind Cole.

Johnson gets a C+, but I saw enough yesterday to think we have something there and he will contribute some key minutes once the full rotation is back to full strength.

Diggins gets an incomplete. Needs more minutes for sure, but is not past Gaffney as an overall player.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
No slight meant towards Diggins or Johnson. They will be key members of this team for the next three years. Diggins is the only true PG on the team and he will have the keys in the future. Cole is a CG with a lean towards a PG and Gaffney is a CG with a lean towards SG. There is a place for Diggins, he just needs to get more minutes to show his value.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to WV and a new responsibility on the freshmen.
Their body language was something to behold after Gramling game.
Hurley better have the team ready for a war.. Cole leadership will be tested.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
If you were my professor I would have attended Harvard.

Reaction Score
The grades are nonsense, but i definitely like Hawkins off the ball skills. Been a while since we've had someone who comes off screens as hard and shoots as well as Hawkins.

My biggest thought on the other two is, please don't transfer at the end of the semester. Sounds ridiculous, but it happened to us last year. The freshman big. Forget his name. The age of the transfer has me a bit insecure.

Reaction Score
1638846152247.jpeg

Reaction Score
No slight meant towards Diggins or Johnson. They will be key members of this team for the next three years.
I dont think Johnson is here for 3 years. I dont think hes been playing basketball very long but when he figures it out he is going to be special.

Reaction Score
Quietly relaxed, confident, and optimistic. Coach Hurley has had some time with the team. Expanded roles, out of bounds plays, corner traps...smart team...players growing...so rewarding to see young people respond to leadership...BJ?...amazing player...amazing story...I watched the game...I know what you were thinking every time that you received the ball in the backcourt.........the guy whispering in your ear to stay out of the corners believes in you...so tough, so good...Hawkins?..does anyone think that he has watched Ben vs Az.?...Sampson in the post?...not sure what I am more impressed with...the physique...or the cold stare...is this the same kid that was, on the recruiting tapes, was running the floor like a deer...on D?...just watering the seeds of his team mates...do I need new glasses, or was that Kentan Facey?... Rasool?...good handle, cool...likes to celebrate his team mates...loves throwing lobs...guys love playing with a guy like that...Akook?...hitting threes...and then a shot fake...a drive...a dunk...on D?...the blocks?...I see shades of Dikembe....AJ will find him on dunks...The Wrench?...all day, every day...Tyler?...reminds me of ...dare I say...Albert...or Rashad...steal us some games, son...Gaff?...I see a lot of ability...and a Tyrus Edney like drive to win a tourney game...Good luck against the pressure defense of UWV...what a challenge!

s

Reaction Score
A game at WV is a true test for them and the team being down 2 starters. I want the win but I would be very happy if we can take this to the wire tonight.

Reaction Score
Quietly relaxed, confident, and optimistic. Coach Hurley has had some time with the team. Expanded roles, out of bounds plays, corner traps...smart team...players growing...so rewarding to see young people respond to leadership...BJ?...amazing player...amazing story...I watched the game...I know what you were thinking every time that you received the ball in the backcourt.........the guy whispering in your ear to stay out of the corners believes in you...so tough, so good...Hawkins?..does anyone think that he has watched Ben vs Az.?...Sampson in the post?...not sure what I am more impressed with...the physique...or the cold stare...is this the same kid that was, on the recruiting tapes, was running the floor like a deer...on D?...just watering the seeds of his team mates...do I need new glasses, or was that Kentan Facey?... Rasool?...good handle, cool...likes to celebrate his team mates...loves throwing lobs...guys love playing with a guy like that...Akook?...hitting threes...and then a shot fake...a drive...a dunk...on D?...the blocks?...I see shades of Dikembe....AJ will find him on dunks...The Wrench?...all day, every day...Tyler?...reminds me of ...dare I say...Albert...or Rashad...steal us some games, son...Gaff?...I see a lot of ability...and a Tyrus Edney like drive to win a tourney game...Good luck against the pressure defense of UWV...what a challenge
Confused Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

Reaction Score
Jordan Hawkins
Grade A
Samson Johnson
Grade A
Rahsool Diggins
Grade A

what is your definition of "elite defense"?

I don't think we live by that standard at the University of Connecticut. My view is they are all talented with notable advanced skillsets ... but not the level of defense or confidence we expect. Maybe in another year or 2. Nobody ... not Kemba not Emeka not Rudy not Ben G has made me feel from the jump that they were playing at "elite" level. The most prepared in this millenia has been Caron Butler; who just imposed his game. Defense and tough and offensive skillset.

Not dismissing you. Just saying ...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom