Freshmen meet the press | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Freshmen meet the press

Reaction Score
Love Sool's full interview. Wants to win, thinks team, personality, leadership, and evidently in Clingan's ear, (hopefully Karaban as well). Stunned that Samson had never met Hurley before he got to campus but I guess with covid it is 2020 recruiting. Sool may or may not leave with accomplishments, but he definitely has the El Amin attitude of a winner.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I love the mention of Hawkins pull up jumper. If he can be a good 3 point shooter with a good pull up game he can have a big impact for us. I don't think anyone on the team including Bouknight last year had a good pull up jumpshot. Having a shooter/scorer like Hawkins can be a great fit next to someone like Andre who should be more of a slashing point forward.

Reaction Score
Incoming freshmen ballers for some reason always puts a smile on my face. Could be the deer in headlights thingy, or just fresh faces ready to be indoctrinated. Anyway, keep them coming!
It is fun listening to them and how they interpret what they have experienced so far.
Andrea Hurley real summed it up in her Ball is Wife podcast (worth a listen if you haven’t heard it). She said the when the freshman come in “they are babies”. And she sees them grow into men by the time they leave.

It is easier for me to see that now as a grandfather that despite their basketball talent these guys are really kids still growing up and now making that leap into a bigger world.

Reaction Score
Sool also mentioned he's gotten a lot bigger in the last month... hopefully that's a good sign about our new SnC coach.

Hawkins has a lot of confidence. The adjustment doesn't even seem to be that hard for him. Hurley seems to have a lot of confidence in him too... he's going to be a big piece of this team.

The articles are still lying anout Hawkins HS stats, lol.

Language is a little bit ofna barrier for Samson but he looked more comfortable than I would've thought. Will be interesting to look back at this his junior/senior year and see his growth

Reaction Score
Sool also mentioned he's gotten a lot bigger in the last month... hopefully that's a good sign about our new SnC coach.

Hawkins has a lot of confidence. The adjustment doesn't even seem to be that hard for him. Hurley seems to have a lot of confidence in him too... he's going to be a big piece of this team.

The articles are still lying anout Hawkins HS stats, lol.

Language is a little bit ofna barrier for Samson but he looked more comfortable than I would've thought. Will be interesting to look back at this his junior/senior year and see his growth
This is going to be a very special class.

Reaction Score
Sool is really comfortable in front of the camera already. Acts like an upperclassmen. Some really good insights too. Rare quality for a kid.
All three appear to be confident, smart, personable - and very comfortable expressing themselves. I cannot wait to see what they bring to the team this season.

Reaction Score
First thing I think i was ever right about on this site lol
Screen Shot 2021-07-01 at 11.51.39 AM.png

Reaction Score
In the meantime, Diggins will probably be tweeting, trying to pull more players into his new basketball world.

“He thinks he’s a recruiter,” freshman Samson Johnson said. “That’s crazy. He has something that just makes you feel special. I don’t know how he does it. He’s funny. You just feel good being around him.”

Reaction Score
Sool is really comfortable in front of the camera already. Acts like an upperclassmen. Some really good insights too. Rare quality for a kid.
I think this is what Coach Hurley mentioned when he got here regarding "CULTURE". We are seeing it people.

Reaction Score
In an ideal world all boneyarders would watch these interview’s, and then think for a second about the person before making some gratuitous nasty comment after one of our sure to come sky-is-falling losses

Reaction Score
In an ideal world all boneyarders would watch these interview’s, and then think for a second about the person before making some gratuitous nasty comment after one of our sure to come sky-is-falling losses
Yep! It will happen. It is the Boneyard however. Selective muscle memory.

Reaction Score
Sool is going to be a sound- bite machine for the media during his college career.

The straw that stirs the drink

Already talking like the coach on the floor.
If he could walk the walk half as well as he could talk the talk
He could become a special PG.

Reaction Score
If he could walk the walk half as well as he could talk the talk
He could become a special PG.
Trust me-Sool can back it up on the court.

Will be the BE assist leader before he ends his CBB career

Reaction Score
“Everybody goes hard,” Johnson said. “Everybody pushes each other. I’m ready for that. I enjoy it. They push me every day to be the best I can be. It’s a lesson to me to be around them. It was really important for me to go to a school that fit, and UConn has everything I need to help me be successful.”

Free access link: Samson Johnson gaining confidence, asserting himself as he joins crowded Huskies frontcourt

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
"Not a lot of people where I'm from get this opportunity to play at somewhere like UConn with such a legendary background," Hawkins said. "It's honestly a blessing. I'm still taking it all in. I'm just glad to be here."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom