Freshmen making an impact on defense for UConn (J. Fuller) | The Boneyard

Freshmen making an impact on defense for UConn (J. Fuller)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/09/freshmen-making-impact-on-defense-for.html

>>In Friday's loss at South Florida the freshmen class had more solo tackles than either the senior or sophomore classes.

Junior Joseph led the way with four solo tackles including two tackle for losses, Foley Fatukasi had three tackles including one of the Huskies' 10 tackles for loss while Jamar Summers and Luke Carrezola each had a solo tackle.

"Foley played his best game Friday night and I am looking forward to him participating more," UConn coach Bob Diaco, "These guys are going to be around here for a long time. It is not just the end of '14 and '15, these guys are here '15 and beyond, Mikal (Myers, a sophomore defensive lineman), (freshman linebacker) Vontae (Diggs) played a bunch, (Luke) Carrezola played a bunch, Junior Joseph is making a big impact in the games at outside linebacker, it is exciting."<<

Reaction Score
How about we get Bloom some more reps. Think he has the most upside as far as TE's and the others have been unimpressive.

Reaction Score
There is a ton to like on this defense, present and future. The only player that seems to regress on a weekly basis is Obi.

Offense on the other hand. . .

Aside from an utter inability to block (which is inexcusable), the running backs look good. I really like the way Josh Marriner runs. Arkeel has a great burst and has tremendous vision, and Ron Johnson is powerful. Bloom needs to develop as an inline blocker, but to expect a true frosh te to step in and be a great blocker is asking a ton. He fights for balls in the air, and will be a great target. I cannot name one offensive linemen who has shown me anything. Aside from Mateas, there is no aggression, plates consistently blow assignments, and when they know who to block, they get beat.

Reaction Score
How about we get Bloom some more reps. Think he has the most upside as far as TE's and the others have been unimpressive.

The TEs and WRs will look more impressive when someone can get them the ball. It's unfair to judge the TEs when Whitmer is at QB.

Reaction Score
Palatine said:
The TEs and WRs will look more impressive when someone can get them the ball. It's unfair to judge the TEs when Whitmer is at QB.

Tight ends have two important roles, blocking and catching. I have no worries about the young players pass catching ability. I am extremely concerned about the blocking. Tommy Myers shows the most potential in this area.

Reaction Score
[QU="Carl Spackler, post: 1075429, member: 1038"]The young players have looked good. But if somebody doesn't work with Junior Joseph to keep his chin up, he won't make it to his senior season.[/QUOTE]
Head down makes me cringe....if any player's career ends for health reasons, they can always go play for that bastion of high standards, BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom